Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

I just booked the puzzle room for our July cruise yesterday - very interested to hear your impression of it. Sorry things aren't as they should be - hopefully the next couple of days will be better. We did the ovation inaugural cruise in April and I have to say you would not have really known it was an inaugural - I was fully expecting lots of things to be unfinished but that was not the case - a bit disappointing that harmony isn't like that - it is a different shipyard which built her and I think I am correct in saying this is the first oasis class ship they have built - not sure if that makes a difference - certainly no reason to run out of bananas!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

But this isn't the inaugural. Merely a shakedown added only recently. Only it's the passengers getting the shakedown. ;)

Bigger pic29atmbm.png

sorry but i am shocked to see images from the solarium of harmony :eek: it is such a lovely place and they ruined it...from my point of view they did a great job at solarium on quantum. Why did they don't install the same on harmony :confused: Here are some pictures i made of solarium at our cruise on quantum last year to compare...

idaphg.jpg

2rhtyth.jpg

513hfq.jpg

That solarium looks great. It would have been a nice upgrade. Oh well...its not the end of the world.

We will be on the Anthem in October 2017 for Canada/New England. I'm sure it will probably be to cold for us to enjoy the solarium on the Anthem during that time of year.

sorry but i am shocked to see images from the solarium of harmony :eek: it is such a lovely place and they ruined it...from my point of view they did a great job at solarium on quantum. Why did they don't install the same on harmony :confused: Here are some pictures i made of solarium at our cruise on quantum last year to compare...

idaphg.jpg

2rhtyth.jpg

513hfq.jpg

We had expected some issues, although running out of food and drinks was not one of them.

Will get some pictures of the solarium, we did go up there today and the pools were all empty.

Will you cruise again on another new mega ship?

But this isn't the inaugural. Merely a shakedown added only recently. Only it's the passengers getting the shakedown. ;)

Sorry should have been clearer - mine was the 3 day cruise also added at a later date because ovation was delivered early - perhaps pre-inaugural is a more apt description - it was the first revenue cruise for ovation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Will you cruise again on another new mega ship?

Probably not actually.

We loved Anthem so we thought bigger would be better and said we would never go on a small ship. However, this ha changed our mind especially as it's new.

I'm sure it will be great in 6 months time when sailing out of Florida, but a shakedown cruise from Southampton, I think we will pass next time.

Yeah. Royal got a bit greedy with these 3 and 4 night "preview" cruises. But I'd say 80% done. Just things like no Aqua theatre for a week or two which is a bit disappointing. She also seems more "lived in" than other new ships I've sailed on. Maybe due to the amount of workers on board

It was sold as " 3 night short getaway" not "a nearly finished cruise"

Not happy tbh

I could have had an ocean view balcony but booked boardwalk for the aqua show

Probably not actually.

We loved Anthem so we thought bigger would be better and said we would never go on a small ship. However, this ha changed our mind especially as it's new.

I'm sure it will be great in 6 months time when sailing out of Florida, but a shakedown cruise from Southampton, I think we will pass next time.

We did one of the first on anthem and it was great.

It was sold as " 3 night short getaway" not "a nearly finished cruise"

Not happy tbh

I could have had an ocean view balcony but booked boardwalk for the aqua show

I agree with your comments - if it ain't ready to 'sell', don't sell it as expectations will not be met, never mind exceeded......

After a disappointing day, I would like to say it has been well and truly redeemed tonight.

The service and food in Silk was fantastic. Only let down with a molten lava cake which was less molten and more microwaved.

The 1887 ice show was really good. I didn't really get the plot but the skaters were really fantastic and some very clever lighting onto the ice. The bar service at the seat was also very good.

Just in boot and bonnet pub and the singer Kieran Cox who was on last night as well is very good and we are booked in for the comedy show at 22:30.

I booked my cruise October 2015 so not added last minute and classed as 3 night short getaway

Agree we also booked some time ago.

Whilst the price reflected the inaugural / pre inaugural aspect the price for drinks packages / internet does not reflect the sub par service.

Equally speciality restaurants are also priced at full price and not discounted to reflect the inaugural aspect. One thing I haven't mentioned yet is that at Jamie's last night they had no Moretti beer. So an Italian restaurant without one of the best Italian beers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in the Compass it has not ($) near Wonderland? Is Wonderland is free?????

They need to employ a proof reader.

One of the many mistakes..... It also says Wonderland is on Deck 11 but you actually enter from deck 12 and walk down the stairs.

Other boo boos is the Welcome back party at 10:15 this morning had dress code as Formal....

The party was for Platinum and up.

MTD is held in Silk and Grand, leaving only AIG for set dining.

Edited by little britain