Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

Must apologise for hijacking your great review with a link to my friend's pics.

We are on Harmony for the TA in October. Everything should be bedded in by then:)

We have a lot of sea days so they better order enough avocados for guacamole at Sabor :D

No probs, the pictures are good. The scaffold in them has only turned up today though.

I'm sure everything will be great for the TA.

If my memory serves me correctly I believe seeing threads from the past about other new ships still having construction going on while on it first few cruises. I guess this is the norm even though the ship should be completed before any paying cruisers should be let onboard, they are paying for full use of the ship and not having certain areas closed because it is not completed.

Edited by ken_nyc

Hi, not sure but we have a cabin on deck 8 on the 3 night sailing as we weren't able to keep the same cabin so will upload pics of turbid different

You are amazing. Hope in spite of the bumps in the road you are incurring, you are having a wonderful cruise. Hope the next leg is smoother!

Minor issue but seems like the menu in Wonderland has been dramatically reduced from that on Anthem? Maybe it's just a 'preview' menu.

Overall, looks a great experience and holiday for you so far and I'm really enjoying reading about it :)

Minor issue but seems like the menu in Wonderland has been dramatically reduced from that on Anthem? Maybe it's just a 'preview' menu.

Overall, looks a great experience and holiday for you so far and I'm really enjoying reading about it :)

It is the full menu although the waiter advised he worked in Wonderland on Quantum and some of the items have changed for Harmony.

Just a quick update, we are in the Windjammer for breakfast today and fresh orange juice is not available.

It's something I always enjoy with breakfast, even at home but it appears it's something you cannot get on the ship.

It's also one of the reasons we bought the ultimate drinks package rather than the premium one for the juices, although you can't seem to get them anywhere.

Sorry if this was mentioned already but my friends and I love going to Blaze on the Oasis and Allure. With that gone, I've heard they are going to be using the comedy club as a dance venue later in the evenings. Do you have any idea if that is the case? If so, is the venue suitable for that?

Sorry if this was mentioned already but my friends and I love going to Blaze on the Oasis and Allure. With that gone, I've heard they are going to be using the comedy club as a dance venue later in the evenings. Do you have any idea if that is the case? If so, is the venue suitable for that?

The comedy club is used as a nightclub after the final comedy show.

We were in there ourselves till late the other night.

We also went to wonderland last night. Party of 6. Whilst it is in a great location, it has lost all of the ambiance of the experience you get on other ships. The chairs are bland, there are no quirky candlesticks on the tables; the venue is too big and too bright imho. It's a shame. There is also just one shared bathroom for the whole venue ( which has a broken door) which I don't think is enough. There were bathrooms in there when it was the CL, why not leave them?

Cannot fault the food or service.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

We are currently on the ship. We have cruised 13 times with RCI and have had no reason to complain but this cruise has changed that. We have had major noise issues with our cabin that has had a major impact on our cruise. Our cabin is on deck 12 under the kids swimming pool. There has been major work being carried out on the pool as it is not ready but the main issue is the time of the day these works are carried out. We were woken at 6am on the first morning with loud drilling, banging and grinding - so loud it was like it was happening in the cabin. We complained to GS and played them a video I took on my iPhone. They couldn't believe it and apologised and phoned maintenance. Then this morning (Wednesday) we were woken at quarter to 5 in the morning with the same sounds. More calls to GS. I would go to GS but the line there is massive. The noise in the cabin is unbearable and we are not getting much sleep. There are also many other issues. I should point out that at no time was this cruise billed as a "shakedown", "preview" or tester cruise - it was sold as a normal cruise but the list of complaints from passengers keep growing.

No hot water in cabins

Drainage noises

Cabin heating not working

Noisy work still being carried out

Lots of wet paint signs.

No zip line at start

No Aqua theatre

No watersides

No Grease on first night

Bars seem low stocked

Wifi not very fast and cutting out

One flow rider out of action.

Overall the parts of the ship that are complete are great and the staff have been doing the best they can. In my opinion the ship wasn't ready for full fare paying customers on Sunday and I doubt it will be any better for the next cruise. I don't normally concentrate on the negatives but this cruise heads had too many to ignore. Overall we have been disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A number of starters were served to us with our favourite bee the prawns with a scotch bonnet chilli dip, we even asked for another of these.

The portions are small but you do get a lot of them, here is a selection.

ca63685c6e7a3a0ae8d71056619d789e.jpg

24c2d30d5b1a53f448ae865947f85237.jpg

274f8f2fac0b695ad00fe64d5e2ebc8f.jpg

b35fc0b9ab627d5784a037e72188e325.jpg

a2a5e3e2843ed81a9ba505ba63cab8ff.jpg

Some of the starters were not necessarily to our taste but if you don't try you don't know.

Do you choose six items each? One in each theme?

Do you choose six items each? One in each theme?

No, not as such. We didn't choose any of our starters, the waiter just brought items to us but said we could ask for additional items if we didn't get something we wanted.

I think he would have also decided which main courses, although we said our preference was the beef and the pork.

You do choose your on deserts.

No, not as such. We didn't choose any of our starters, the waiter just brought items to us but said we could ask for additional items if we didn't get something we wanted.

I think he would have also decided which main courses, although we said our preference was the beef and the pork.

You do choose your on deserts.

Thank you.

We are currently on the ship. We have cruised 13 times with RCI and have had no reason to complain but this cruise has changed that. We have had major noise issues with our cabin that has had a major impact on our cruise. Our cabin is on deck 12 under the kids swimming pool. There has been major work being carried out on the pool as it is not ready but the main issue is the time of the day these works are carried out. We were woken at 6am on the first morning with loud drilling, banging and grinding - so loud it was like it was happening in the cabin. We complained to GS and played them a video I took on my iPhone. They couldn't believe it and apologised and phoned maintenance. Then this morning (Wednesday) we were woken at quarter to 5 in the morning with the same sounds. More calls to GS. I would go to GS but the line there is massive. The noise in the cabin is unbearable and we are not getting much sleep. There are also many other issues. I should point out that at no time was this cruise billed as a "shakedown", "preview" or tester cruise - it was sold as a normal cruise but the list of complaints from passengers keep growing.

No hot water in cabins

Drainage noises

Cabin heating not working

Noisy work still being carried out

Lots of wet paint signs.

No zip line at start

No Aqua theatre

No watersides

No Grease on first night

Bars seem low stocked

Wifi not very fast and cutting out

One flow rider out of action.

Overall the parts of the ship that are complete are great and the staff have been doing the best they can. In my opinion the ship wasn't ready for full fare paying customers on Sunday and I doubt it will be any better for the next cruise. I don't normally concentrate on the negatives but this cruise heads had too many to ignore. Overall we have been disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think we have been very lucky that we have not experienced the noise or hot water problems you have had.

I agree that it was not advertised as a preview cruise or that items would not be finished. We had expected some issues but not to this extent especially lack of food / drinks available.

When I have been repeatedly to see the Internet people they said it's only me having internet issues and there is not a ship wide problem, however as you have also reported slow speeds and dropping out I don't think it is isolated and to be honest I didn't believe it was anyway especially as he keeps failing to call me back as promised.

We are still enjoying ourselves although are finding it very frustrating at times. I just hadn't anticipated how unfinished it would be. Although it's definitely a lesson learnt, never do an inaugural cruise again.

Here are some more pictures from this morning.

7804a299f3dde1e1dad933a13bc3c300.jpg

d5fb5a5eb46e93f1b533aafd94fe2383.jpg

6b9714e2e2dbac5e61876824dc9ca417.jpg

e17dc8afdf73b19fa0de2897fc1d985c.jpg

b7b76e399df55e446abd41f7c73d1b5d.jpg

Edited by CruisenovicesUK

If my memory serves me correctly I believe seeing threads from the past about other new ships still having construction going on while on it first few cruises. I guess this is the norm even though the ship should be completed before any paying cruisers should be let onboard, they are paying for full use of the ship and not having certain areas closed because it is not completed.

I was on Carnival Sunshine six weeks out of its drydock/retrofit. They were still working on it even then.

With so much work still going on, and previous comments today, it's probably no wonder that we have not been assigned a stateroom yet for the 'maiden cruise' to Barcelona on Sunday.

I suspect rooms are being occupied by 'workers' and as things stand may not now be assigned until we arrive at Southampton, although I do hope this is not the case as I am told to reprint my SeaPass when assigned a stateroom!!

Is the ship sailing full now, and the next short trip before Sunday does anybody know?