Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

Bro, you need a hobby. You come up and defend Royal Caribbean no matter what, all the time. Just do your thing, but allow people to have an opinion. Royal Caribbean might be wrong in this one instance, if you allowed yourself to open your mind, you might see things from a different perspective than the "ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS ALL KNOWING" mindset. Chill out, and maybe take a day or two off of Cruise Critic. You are in every. single. thread, at every. single. hour. of the day. Calm down man...

Maybe this is my hobby. ;)

Maybe my job is really boring and I get to charm everyone while on the clock.

Anyway, glad you keep up. Should I add you to my list of stalkers? :eek:

Because the end results will be this - complaints and trips to GS that will not help in your enjoyment of the trip.

I get what you are saying but thats equivalent to saying, hey, I bought this car but expect it to break down after a week.. Would you have that expectation?

We did a similar thing on Anthem, couldn't fault it one bit. The ship was perfect.

This one just looks a mess :(

I don't think we will be visiting guest services, I don't like queues and I don't like to complain, I want to enjoy this break and I will take my book to read, it's getting to a good bit :)

If the foods good then I will be happy, if we see the ice show and Grease, then that's a bonus.

Going with a very open mind tomorrow.

I get what you are saying but thats equivalent to saying, hey, I bought this car but expect it to break down after a week.. Would you have that expectation?

That's quite different - the car can eventually be fixed, even if stressful at the time of break down - you can never get back your vacation time.:cool:

That's quite different - the car can eventually be fixed, even if stressful at the time of break down - you can never get back your vacation time.:cool:

Very true, and I wouldn't recommend spending your time at Guest Services either, you would have no choice but to make the best of it. I guess I just hate the idea of having to go in with low expectations b/c you might not get what you paid for.

Folks, while I find this whole inaugural cruise debate fascinating and very entertaining, could you take it to a different thread please. I was enjoying following the live cruse blog which has now been hijacked. Thanks

Point taken :D

We did a similar thing on Anthem, couldn't fault it one bit. The ship was perfect.

This one just looks a mess :(

I don't think we will be visiting guest services, I don't like queues and I don't like to complain, I want to enjoy this break and I will take my book to read, it's getting to a good bit :)

If the foods good then I will be happy, if we see the ice show and Grease, then that's a bonus.

Going with a very open mind tomorrow.

I'm sure you will still have a good time. In the main the food has been good.

The ice show was great and we are now at our rescheduled showing of Grease.

We have still managed to do a lot of things just not everything we thought but it's kept us busy.

I'm sure you will still have a good time. In the main the food has been good.

The ice show was great and we are now at our rescheduled showing of Grease.

We have still managed to do a lot of things just not everything we thought but it's kept us busy.

Did they have a sand artist at the ice show? She may be unique to Oasis.

Bringing the thread back to a more positive, we had an early start this morning. I had set the alarm for 6am to get out and take pictures of the ship whilst quiet although in the end I went back to sleep for a bit and got up an hour later. What I hadn't realised is the clock on my phone had changed time automatically to European time rather than uk / ship time so it was actually 5am and only 6 when I got up. I only realised this when we left the room to go to breakfast and no one was about. I looked at the time on the screen next to the lift hen finally realised the correct time.

We went to a very quite cafe promenade for a coffee and pastry. We then went to windjammer for breakfast at just after 7am. It was great at this time as it was so quiet at this point with the majority being workmen.

It's the first day we had breakfast in the WJ and were fairly impressed. Despite the lack of Fresh OJ. There was also a slight issue with toast as the person doing this had gone missing but one of the executive stepped in to this for us. You can also have fried, scrambled, poached eggs or omelettes cooked to order at the counter at the back of the restaurant.

One thing to note is the WJ on here is small in comparison to the one we had on Anthem.

After breakfast we went to the schooner bar where I did some blogging, we did the general knowledge quiz then we went out to the climbing walls. It was quiet win only a 5 minute queue. I unfortunately fell off half way up when I lost my grip.

01ac1f3f64c3db7f65283c6a0d373ae5.jpg

We had a drink in Sabor where I highly recommend the red sangria before heading for lunch at American Icon Grill - photos to follow as show is about to start so need to put phone away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet there is something in the kiddie play area they can call a pool, no matter how small it is.

Hmm... maybe we can call the kiddie play area the solarium and give the kiddos the leaf misters saunarium. Think they'll trade? ;) :D

~ Judy

Lunch was good, we did have to send the bread basket back due to a large hair in it, the second one did have a couple of hairs on it but they were on the outside and we didn't want to have to send a second a second one back

af45dafce973bf864942f1770e5bca24.jpg

For starter you could either have a la carte or the salad bar. We opted for the salad bar as it looked fab with loads of cured meats, shrimps, salad etc.

For mains we big went for the steak frites

72d5e611850ced5c810dd5f210fba651.jpg

I had ordered medium and it was on the rare side. However, I don't overly mind rare steak so I didn't sent it back.

Desserts were key lime pie and a creme Catalan. Both were OK.

85af86238cee8a29e8e4226cc903a53f.jpg

bddf45decf154e2ee627ba29e41c5676.jpg

One of the nice touches was the chocolate dipped strawberries which the chefs came round with. They were very good.

4e27969dc5c7366ffaeef9c334a6ce92.jpg

To put an alternative experience on this.

My cabin has been fine everyday. Yes there is lots and lots of workers but I've not really been inconvenienced.

Breakfast is available at quite a few other venues as windjammer is full but I've seen:

Bobby Davro

A great BGT finalist ventriloquist act

A great performance of Grease

A great show by The comedy juggler act

we had and OKish 90s show on prom

Just seen ice show

Have been in the attic nightclub until 3AM last two nights with great company.

The crew are great.

A bigger let down has been the weather.

This afternoon we have been at Grease which was fantastic. We have seen the west end version and we would say this was better. The larger stage and modern set up allowed them to do some great production.

There was a technical problem half way through, where a piece of the staging got stuck so the show stopped for around 5 minutes while they fixed the issue.

Here are a few pics.

ef1e3fa5562af5004e3c0dc95673bbb9.jpg

ca1ccc15a366596138eda51daa063813.jpg

c4efee9e74ae7a6b8039d8d1482e19eb.jpg

On the way to dinner at Chops my OH went to the toilets on deck 5 but there was no water in the sinks to wash your hands.

Fortunately we had some alcohol gel with us. There does seem to be a lack of alcohol gel points on the ship with a number of restaurants, bars etc not having any which is disappointing.

Bringing the thread back to a more positive, we had an early start this morning. I had set the alarm for 6am to get out and take pictures of the ship whilst quiet although in the end I went back to sleep for a bit and got up an hour later. What I hadn't realised is the clock on my phone had changed time automatically to European time rather than uk / ship time so it was actually 5am and only 6 when I got up. I only realised this when we left the room to go to breakfast and no one was about. I looked at the time on the screen next to the lift hen finally realised the correct time.

We went to a very quite cafe promenade for a coffee and pastry. We then went to windjammer for breakfast at just after 7am. It was great at this time as it was so quiet at this point with the majority being workmen.

It's the first day we had breakfast in the WJ and were fairly impressed. Despite the lack of Fresh OJ. There was also a slight issue with toast as the person doing this had gone missing but one of the executive stepped in to this for us. You can also have fried, scrambled, poached eggs or omelettes cooked to order at the counter at the back of the restaurant.

One thing to note is the WJ on here is small in comparison to the one we had on Anthem.

After breakfast we went to the schooner bar where I did some blogging, we did the general knowledge quiz then we went out to the climbing walls. It was quiet win only a 5 minute queue. I unfortunately fell off half way up when I lost my grip.

01ac1f3f64c3db7f65283c6a0d373ae5.jpg

We had a drink in Sabor where I highly recommend the red sangria before heading for lunch at American Icon Grill - photos to follow as show is about to start so need to put phone away

Great photos and review. As for the climbing walls...I didn't try it (on Allure) but watching my kids it seemed more fun "falling" and coming down then going up :D

With so much work still going on, and previous comments today, it's probably no wonder that we have not been assigned a stateroom yet for the 'maiden cruise' to Barcelona on Sunday.

I suspect rooms are being occupied by 'workers' and as things stand may not now be assigned until we arrive at Southampton, although I do hope this is not the case as I am told to reprint my SeaPass when assigned a stateroom!!

Is the ship sailing full now, and the next short trip before Sunday does anybody know?

Isn't that a bit strange? I am going to the cruise starting June 12th and the room number has been ready/assigned for a long time.

This afternoon we have been at Grease which was fantastic. We have seen the west end version and we would say this was better. The larger stage and modern set up allowed them to do some great production.

There was a technical problem half way through, where a piece of the staging got stuck so the show stopped for around 5 minutes while they fixed the issue.

Here are a few pics.

ef1e3fa5562af5004e3c0dc95673bbb9.jpg

ca1ccc15a366596138eda51daa063813.jpg

c4efee9e74ae7a6b8039d8d1482e19eb.jpg

On the way to dinner at Chops my OH went to the toilets on deck 5 but there was no water in the sinks to wash your hands.

Fortunately we had some alcohol gel with us. There does seem to be a lack of alcohol gel points on the ship with a number of restaurants, bars etc not having any which is disappointing.

The alcohol gel dispensers are in a container enroute from USA to Barcelona!