Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

I have not yet been on Harmony so my opinion is just from the very few photos and videos I have seen....but there is something about the furnishings that seem a little "cheap" to me - both indoor and outdoor. Maybe it will be different when I see it in person. I dunno...some'n.....

The quality of the furnishing seem pretty good to us, although we have only been on one other cruise so don't have a lot to compare it to.

For future reference . If wanting to go ashore independently usually you are given a transit card with your new Seapass card if doing B2B in Southampton and return via the crew entrance bypassing check in with your passport & new sea pass card given to you on the ship . I imagine due to the numbers of workers still onboard and guests arriving that scenario cannot be accommodated.

We have done many B2Bs from Southampton, the only difference between ships was how your new card was delivered.

Looking forward to seeing your next video.

My friend who took the Solarium pics leaves tomorrow, she became Pinnacle on the cruise:cool: Another friend will take her place to be my spy :D

Thanks, good to know about the back to back process.

We may do that as have been looking at some carribean back to backs

Lunch was good, we did have to send the bread basket back due to a large hair in it, the second one did have a couple of hairs on it but they were on the outside and we didn't want to have to send a second a second one back

af45dafce973bf864942f1770e5bca24.jpg

For starter you could either have a la carte or the salad bar. We opted for the salad bar as it looked fab with loads of cured meats, shrimps, salad etc.

For mains we big went for the steak frites

72d5e611850ced5c810dd5f210fba651.jpg

I had ordered medium and it was on the rare side. However, I don't overly mind rare steak so I didn't sent it back.

Desserts were key lime pie and a creme Catalan. Both were OK.

85af86238cee8a29e8e4226cc903a53f.jpg

bddf45decf154e2ee627ba29e41c5676.jpg

One of the nice touches was the chocolate dipped strawberries which the chefs came round with. They were very good.

4e27969dc5c7366ffaeef9c334a6ce92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food looks amazing...which restaurant was this? We're sailing in October, did Oasis n March and loved it...... Have a fantastic time

I have not yet been on Harmony so my opinion is just from the very few photos and videos I have seen....but there is something about the furnishings that seem a little "cheap" to me - both indoor and outdoor. Maybe it will be different when I see it in person. I dunno...some'n.....

I didn't get the impression of any thing being "cheap", especially indoors. However, the pictures of the decking, as well as the picture of the calk around the flowrider look very poorly done IMO.

And given the reported issues on the Explorer, perhaps one or two cruises after a re-positioning or a new itinerary.

Not to hijack, but I leave on Explorer on Friday. I've been following the real-time thread and haven't seen any issues reported there. What did I miss?? :eek:

Edited by famy27

Thanks, good to know about the back to back process.

We may do that as have been looking at some carribean back to backs

Hi again, procedures for B2B out of the USA are a completely different kettle of fish, been there done that many times too.:).Love B2Bs but Southampton is the best.

Not to hijack, but I leave on Explorer on Friday. I've been following the real-time thread and haven't seen any issues reported there. What did I miss?? :eek:

There were issues early last year when the ship came out of drydock. We sailed B2B in September, she is fine.:)

Edited by heatherb1958

Food looks amazing...which restaurant was this? We're sailing in October, did Oasis n March and loved it...... Have a fantastic time

Hi sorry, I had a split post so should have posted the details again. It was American Icon Grill at lunch and it was good.

Today has been the best day so far for food. Things seem to be settling down a bit now.

Actually, I believe if you look at the prices for a maiden voyage and the first 1-3 sailings, they are usually at discounted prices and a lot of times they are definitely "preview" cruises for people in the travel industry, like your TA's and such. Granted, they do sell cabins to the general public, but they prices are at a lower discount that those that you would see about 4-6 months out from the maiden voyage.

I can assure you that this was not sold or advertised as a "preview" cruise. Having paid just under £1000 for the 3n cruise this is probably a higher per diam than many shorties from Miami. You do the math.

I am travelling with a RCI first timer, so I booked a Broadwalk so we could enjoy the aqua theatre view. Not to be. Admittedly we have not had the issues that others have had ( no water in the shower once, and a very funny drain noise) but I have to feel that RC I have not faced up to the elephant in the room.

If they had admitted that the ship still had a few finishing touches and had given us OBC

Or even just a letter of apology, it would have Helped ( perhaps). But pretty poor for them to ignore it.

What is galling is that the first cruise of the Ovation was Perfect. So they can bring out a new ship that is finished.

Also on the first Quantum crossing.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

We are dying to see the inside of an aquatheater 2 bedroom suite, especially on deck 10. If you are wondering around the ship and happen to find one open, would you mind getting a video or a few photos? These should be 10330 or 10730.

I can assure you that this was not sold or advertised as a "preview" cruise. Having paid just under £1000 for the 3n cruise this is probably a higher per diam than many shorties from Miami. You do the math.

I am travelling with a RCI first timer, so I booked a Broadwalk so we could enjoy the aqua theatre view. Not to be. Admittedly we have not had the issues that others have had ( no water in the shower once, and a very funny drain noise) but I have to feel that RC I have not faced up to the elephant in the room.

If they had admitted that the ship still had a few finishing touches and had given us OBC

Or even just a letter of apology, it would have Helped ( perhaps). But pretty poor for them to ignore it.

What is galling is that the first cruise of the Ovation was Perfect. So they can bring out a new ship that is finished.

Also on the first Quantum crossing.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

What Boardwalk cabin did you have...and was the Abyss blocking your view ? We're going to have the last 4 afts on deck #9...so your impression is certainly of value in particular to me...Thanks so much.

What Boardwalk cabin did you have...and was the Abyss blocking your view ? We're going to have the last 4 afts on deck #9...so your impression is certainly of value in particular to me...Thanks so much.

Hello Ashland -

Little Brian noted that he was in 12727 (deck 12 - 1 room from the end). Little Brian posted two pictures of the view. I hate to be negative all the time, but I think the rearward view from the last rooms on deck 9 will be "abysmally" blocked. The slide tube appears very close to the balcony at deck 9. The pic attached is taken at the line of sight to the aqua theatre.

Capture.jpg.f2572fa6320fe631617e15aa4c0b3896.jpg

Last night we went to see the second show of the day which was Tenors of Rock

5d917f213f3b96211fde6d8f1bd94b78.jpg

They were introduced as being from TV and famous worldwide but we have never heard of them. All of them had previously been in plays in the West End and some from X Factor / The Voice.

We weren't that impressed the show, it was ok just not to our taste. It was also disappointing the band wasn't on stage as they looked a bit lost in the middle of the large stage.

We didn't do anything else last night as needed to be up fairly early this morning and didn't fancy a hangover :-)

Can anyone advise if rci are using rf wristbands on the ship rather than cards? And did their luggage get tagged on check-in with rfid too?

No luggage tags. I asked when we dropped out bags as had expected the rfid tags.

I have seen a couple of wow bands but not sure where people have got them from. There was non in the room or any information on how to get one.

No luggage tags. I asked when we dropped out bags as had expected the rfid tags.

I have seen a couple of wow bands but not sure where people have got them from. There was non in the room or any information on how to get one.

Thanks for the info,that's a shame as I thought it would be all rf bands. And they keep advertising track your luggage too

I have seen a couple of wow bands but not sure where people have got them from. There was non in the room or any information on how to get one

There is a charge for the wrist band about $5 so that is probably why you did not see many,

Had one on our pre inaugural but for me a waste of time but my husband liked it.

Oh but it was free on this trip.

It works for everything your card does but not getting on and off the ship.

This morning breakfast is available in the Windjammer from 6 or Americon Icon and Park Cafe from 7.

We decided to give American Icon breakfast again after our disasterous breakfast the other morning.

Unfortunately, it was just as bad again.

We went at 7:15 and the queue was short was good and we were seated quickly.

We were advised that yet again no fresh juices were available, and in fact even concentrate orange was not available this morning, only pineapple of apple concentrate.

The menu was slightly different to the other morning which I assume is due to departure day.

We ordered the express breakfast which consisted of bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs and were asked if we would like toast with that.

While waiting for breakfast a waiter came around a couple of times with a the breads / pastries.

Out toast came after around 30 minutes so we had expected breakfast to follow quickly afterwards, however it did not arrive for another 10 minutes leaving cold toast. However that wasn't the issue the breakfast was missing bacon and sausages and was also served cold.

I mentioned the cold breakfast and missing items she then proceeded to bring the meat items which were also cold.

One of the officers came over and asked if everything was OK. Which we replied it wasn't and that it's the second time we have been here and both times food has been terrible.

We were asked if we wanted anything else but we decided to leave. We will get something at lunch time instead