Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

With so much work still going on, and previous comments today, it's probably no wonder that we have not been assigned a stateroom yet for the 'maiden cruise' to Barcelona on Sunday.

I suspect rooms are being occupied by 'workers' and as things stand may not now be assigned until we arrive at Southampton, although I do hope this is not the case as I am told to reprint my SeaPass when assigned a stateroom!!

Is the ship sailing full now, and the next short trip before Sunday does anybody know?

There are a huge number of workers on board, which are probably in guest cabins.

Not sure if the ship is full, however surely it can't get much busier based on how full the bars, restaurants and shows are.

We went to breakfast early this morning and the Windjammer was full of workers, in fact more workers than guests.

If my memory serves me correctly I believe seeing threads from the past about other new ships still having construction going on while on it first few cruises. I guess this is the norm even though the ship should be completed before any paying cruisers should be let onboard, they are paying for full use of the ship and not having certain areas closed because it is not completed.

Actually, I believe if you look at the prices for a maiden voyage and the first 1-3 sailings, they are usually at discounted prices and a lot of times they are definitely "preview" cruises for people in the travel industry, like your TA's and such. Granted, they do sell cabins to the general public, but they prices are at a lower discount that those that you would see about 4-6 months out from the maiden voyage.

900 workers - the ship should not have sailed.

How are the management dealing with this and the many complaints that they are clearly having to answer? With so many outside facilities not operational, when is completion expected, or don't they know? I can see a "Quantum" transatlantic scenario developing here

No wonder then that so many of us are still awaiting an assignment.............

We are currently on the ship. We have cruised 13 times with RCI and have had no reason to complain but this cruise has changed that. We have had major noise issues with our cabin that has had a major impact on our cruise. Our cabin is on deck 12 under the kids swimming pool. There has been major work being carried out on the pool as it is not ready but the main issue is the time of the day these works are carried out. We were woken at 6am on the first morning with loud drilling, banging and grinding - so loud it was like it was happening in the cabin. We complained to GS and played them a video I took on my iPhone. They couldn't believe it and apologised and phoned maintenance. Then this morning (Wednesday) we were woken at quarter to 5 in the morning with the same sounds. More calls to GS. I would go to GS but the line there is massive. The noise in the cabin is unbearable and we are not getting much sleep. There are also many other issues. I should point out that at no time was this cruise billed as a "shakedown", "preview" or tester cruise - it was sold as a normal cruise but the list of complaints from passengers keep growing.

No hot water in cabins

Drainage noises

Cabin heating not working

Noisy work still being carried out

Lots of wet paint signs.

No zip line at start

No Aqua theatre

No watersides

No Grease on first night

Bars seem low stocked

Wifi not very fast and cutting out

One flow rider out of action.

Overall the parts of the ship that are complete are great and the staff have been doing the best they can. In my opinion the ship wasn't ready for full fare paying customers on Sunday and I doubt it will be any better for the next cruise. I don't normally concentrate on the negatives but this cruise heads had too many to ignore. Overall we have been disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Would you have been happier if they cancelled it?

a couple of my issues on the ship I haven't seen yet....I feel like this ship is breaking down more with each day with no one to fix things?

- only 4/6 elevators are working on my forward end of the ship. it's been down for at least a day now (not to mention the down elevator button doesn't work, so I just go to the further panel)

- there was no water from the bathroom sinks close to the attic yesterday.

- there's long lines at the bars I find (avg 15-20m for a drink for me). I didn't notice much waiting on the oasis on a 6k pax cruise.

still a great experience, but not up to the normal rc ones.

Can I ask what RC do about things like this? This obviously isn't the first time they have had a cruise set sail and it's been unfinished. Do they offer compensation or is it a case of 'hard luck'.

As I said, this is our first cruise and if it's as bad as it looks it will probably be our last. `with RC at least.

I have already complained about the false advertising on the drink package deal a couple of weeks back, when they put the prices up and told everyone it's a 20% off sale and received some onboard credit.

I really don't want to spend my honeymoon complaining to GS every 5 minutes

Well, then, don't. Set your expectations really low and hope for the best. Money will not fix your enjoyment of your trip - make the best of it.

Well, then, don't. Set your expectations really low and hope for the best. Money will not fix your enjoyment of your trip - make the best of it.

Why should I set my expections really low when I've paid a lot of money for our tickets??? That makes no sense whatsoever

Can I ask what RC do about things like this? This obviously isn't the first time they have had a cruise set sail and it's been unfinished. Do they offer compensation or is it a case of 'hard luck'.

As I said, this is our first cruise and if it's as bad as it looks it will probably be our last. `with RC at least.

I have already complained about the false advertising on the drink package deal a couple of weeks back, when they put the prices up and told everyone it's a 20% off sale and received some onboard credit.

The drinks package hasn't gone up. We were told when we phoned up it has been increased but it hasn't onboard so the 20% off offer isn't really 20% off.

The ultimate package cost us the same at 20% off as it would have done at full price. It also doesn't include everything as Starbucks is excluded despite the package including premium coffees.

I think it's just a case of tough luck unfortunately. However, saying that we have still enjoyed ourselves. We could have either spent the time moaning or enjoy what there is which we have tried to do, despite the frustrations.

My advice to you, never book an inaugural voyage.

Bro, you need a hobby. You come up and defend Royal Caribbean no matter what, all the time. Just do your thing, but allow people to have an opinion. Royal Caribbean might be wrong in this one instance, if you allowed yourself to open your mind, you might see things from a different perspective than the "ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS ALL KNOWING" mindset. Chill out, and maybe take a day or two off of Cruise Critic. You are in every. single. thread, at every. single. hour. of the day. Calm down man...

It was sold as " 3 night short getaway" not "a nearly finished cruise"

Not happy tbh

I could have had an ocean view balcony but booked boardwalk for the aqua show

We are on her tomorrow, I am thinking its not going to be as great as I thought it would.

We too have boardwalk balcony, now thinking we should have booked a sea view balcony. I hope there isnt going to be lots of banging going on.

Disappointed about the cancelled Aqua shows. Also disappointed that we couldn't book Chops Grill. Two of the things we really wanted to do/see!

Has anyone done a per night breakdown to see if this cruise was priced as a preview cruise?

I understand the whoel "don't book an inaugural cruise" knowledge, but that comes from years of cruising experience. But not everyone has that experience. When you buy a product, you expect that product. Its not about money making things better. Its not about "being on a cruise is better than being at work". Why are so many willing to excuse RCCL but wouldn't excuse something like a vehicle purchase.

If I go purchase a a piece of furniture and do not get what was advertised b/c it was the first one they made, I would expect a refund or acknowledgement of some kind. Heck, RCCL published and still shows a solarium pool on the website!

If this was priced lower (based on per night) than others, I get it, but if it wasn't, RCCL did not sell what they promised. It doesn't matter that its the first . More cruisers than not are first or second timers and don't spend hours here.

I know that things can go wrong, but I dont think its fair to knock others who expect to get what was promised.

But thats just my opinion. Im scheduled to be on the ship on June 12. Hopefully, some of these issues will be cleared up by then. :)

Why should I set my expections really low when I've paid a lot of money for our tickets??? That makes no sense whatsoever

I agree completely. I am on the maiden voyage and I expect it to be a completed ship. I can accept a few issues here and there, but the catalogue of disasters that people have listed here is completely unacceptable

Neither is it acceptable that people rush to RCI's defence when it is not their money

No company should be allowed to sell an inferior product

Because the end results will be this - complaints and trips to GS that will not help in your enjoyment of the trip.

I agree completely. I am on the maiden voyage and I expect it to be a completed ship. I can accept a few issues here and there, but the catalogue of disasters that people have listed here is completely unacceptable

Neither is it acceptable that people rush to RCI's defence when it is not their money

No company should be allowed to sell an inferior product

It was my money when I was on the Quantum - you can dredge up those threads if you want to but you will find the same types of posts there that you find here. Again, you can look at it as a "catalogue of disasters" or try to enjoy it as much as is available.

Biker, who enjoyed the Quantum TA despite the issues.

Bro, you need a hobby. You come up and defend Royal Caribbean no matter what, all the time. Just do your thing, but allow people to have an opinion. Royal Caribbean might be wrong in this one instance, if you allowed yourself to open your mind, you might see things from a different perspective than the "ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS ALL KNOWING" mindset. Chill out, and maybe take a day or two off of Cruise Critic. You are in every. single. thread, at every. single. hour. of the day. Calm down man...

You need to see a few more threads before you call him a post whore.