Hello from Harmony!

Just goes to show you how subjective a topic food can be. I am not a meat eater, normally, but I do enjoy JR's burgers. :)

Agree with you! They aren't gourmet burgers by any means, but we find their burgers quite tasty! :)

Just back from the 4 day Harmony cruise. We went with friends who have never cruised before. We like big ships and our previous one to the was NCL Escape. Wow, this ship is huge!!

We purchased the drinks package before we got on board at a 20% discount which we made full use of and purchased on board a 3 night speciality dining package for $80 which worked out to be excellent value. We ate in Chops, MDR, Wonderland and 150 Bistro. Wonderland was our favourite and was a real experience.

Bar service was great at all times and in all bars.

Grease was fantastic and great performances. Do the Abyss slide it is good fun.

There were a few things not working, the water slides, the aquatic show, they had divers in the pool as it wasn't going up and down properly. Some hot tubs were not working but more came available as the days went by.

We did the 2 day NCL Escape from Hamburg to Southampton so that was a brand new launch but I have never seen so many engineers onboard fixing things. It didn't spoil our trip but lots of passengers were not happy and complaining at every opportunity. They had issues with pools leaking, lots of sanding and grinders doing metal work, electricians, there were problems with toilets not working, no water in showers and doors getting stuck. Maybe the Germans are more efficient building boats but I would say ideally this ship needed another couple of weeks before it was handed over.

Loved central park, the solarium area, whole ships decor, music and we will be back.

Also now converted our friends to cruisers!!

Plus the new boarding process is so quick car to cabin in total 15 minutes.

I will try to answer any questions........

Just back from the 4 day Harmony cruise. We went with friends who have never cruised before. We like big ships and our previous one to the was NCL Escape. Wow, this ship is huge!!

We purchased the drinks package before we got on board at a 20% discount which we made full use of and purchased on board a 3 night speciality dining package for $80 which worked out to be excellent value. We ate in Chops, MDR, Wonderland and 150 Bistro. Wonderland was our favourite and was a real experience.

Bar service was great at all times and in all bars.

Grease was fantastic and great performances. Do the Abyss slide it is good fun.

There were a few things not working, the water slides, the aquatic show, they had divers in the pool as it wasn't going up and down properly. Some hot tubs were not working but more came available as the days went by.

We did the 2 day NCL Escape from Hamburg to Southampton so that was a brand new launch but I have never seen so many engineers onboard fixing things. It didn't spoil our trip but lots of passengers were not happy and complaining at every opportunity. They had issues with pools leaking, lots of sanding and grinders doing metal work, electricians, there were problems with toilets not working, no water in showers and doors getting stuck. Maybe the Germans are more efficient building boats but I would say ideally this ship needed another couple of weeks before it was handed over.

Loved central park, the solarium area, whole ships decor, music and we will be back.

Also now converted our friends to cruisers!!

Plus the new boarding process is so quick car to cabin in total 15 minutes.

I will try to answer any questions........

Sounds positive overall. Have to say though that I could take last minute patch work and finishings not being done (as I saw in other threads), but I would be really annoyed if the waterslides and Aqual show wasn't working (and I think I read zipline JUST opened up?). Those would be items that would make me book Oasis class / Harmony and so if not running I would be really disappointed.

Sounds positive overall. Have to say though that I could take last minute patch work and finishings not being done (as I saw in other threads), but I would be really annoyed if the waterslides and Aqual show wasn't working (and I think I read zipline JUST opened up?). Those would be items that would make me book Oasis class / Harmony and so if not running I would be really disappointed.

I agree, however, the alternative would be to cancel the sailing, which would also cause a lot of consternation, as seen with the recent Empress cancellations. There's no good solution.

Waterslides were all closed, aquatic show not on, zip wire opened and closed. They have issues with leaks in a few pools (lucky it was not hot!), quite a few hot tubs were not open/working, only one flow rider working, water coming out of the ceiling. Quite a lot of cabins apparently had no shower or toilet working.

As i said we enjoyed ourselves but it was more than a few patch works finishing that needed to be completed.

Waterslides were all closed, aquatic show not on, zip wire opened and closed. They have issues with leaks in a few pools (lucky it was not hot!), quite a few hot tubs were not open/working, only one flow rider working, water coming out of the ceiling. Quite a lot of cabins apparently had no shower or toilet working.

As i said we enjoyed ourselves but it was more than a few patch works finishing that needed to be completed.

It's too bad. You know they'll fix things and get them working but not a good start. Sounds like they anticipated their ready date a bit off but by then, they have already have cruises booked.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

There is another thread going on that I am following, but this is the first read I am doing that the waterslides were not working and that pools had leaks or that their was water coming out of the ceiling along with cabins having no working shower or toilet.

Hoping for quick repairs.

There is another thread going on that I am following, but this is the first read I am doing that the waterslides were not working and that pools had leaks or that their was water coming out of the ceiling along with cabins having no working shower or toilet.

Hoping for quick repairs.

Our cabin was ok it was from speaking to other people. On the last night on deck 8 non of the toilets in the ladies were flushing. We had water coming out of the ceiling in our corridor, it was fixed and then a big industrial dryer brought out to dry the carpet.

Seemed to be some big issues with the childrens pool which was emptied and filled quite a number of times. On the first couple of days they had a lot of staff on deck with squeegee brushes pushing water down the drains.

Our cabin was ok it was from speaking to other people. On the last night on deck 8 non of the toilets in the ladies were flushing. We had water coming out of the ceiling in our corridor, it was fixed and then a big industrial dryer brought out to dry the carpet.

Seemed to be some big issues with the childrens pool which was emptied and filled quite a number of times. On the first couple of days they had a lot of staff on deck with squeegee brushes pushing water down the drains.

Thanks for some additional clarification. On many sailings we have been on, there have been problems with the public bathrooms in the main open areas....and I personally blame cruisers for that -- putting things down the toilets that either should not go into the ships plumbing system or simply too much toilet paper. I have often seen pools drained on sailings. Sometimes 'accidents' happen in pools and that is the only way for the pool to effectively be sanitized. Squeegee brushes being used to push water down the drains is another task that pool staff often do to keep the walkways as safe as possible, since they get slippery easily.

From your additional information, I am seeing some of this as just 'things that happen' on ships, regardless of whether it was its first sailing or not.

I am not saying all the problems you mentioned are not valid, in any way.

Thanks for some additional clarification. On many sailings we have been on, there have been problems with the public bathrooms in the main open areas....and I personally blame cruisers for that -- putting things down the toilets that either should not go into the ships plumbing system or simply too much toilet paper. I have often seen pools drained on sailings. Sometimes 'accidents' happen in pools and that is the only way for the pool to effectively be sanitized. Squeegee brushes being used to push water down the drains is another task that pool staff often do to keep the walkways as safe as possible, since they get slippery easily.

From your additional information, I am seeing some of this as just 'things that happen' on ships, regardless of whether it was its first sailing or not.

I am not saying all the problems you mentioned are not valid, in any way.

You could see the engineers grinding bits out and resealing them.

I know what you mean about staff keeping the walkways free of water to be safe.

We didn't let anything spoil our trip however there were some very angry customers at guest services!!!

As a matter of interest, did anyone "get" anything out of RCI? OBC or whatever? We were quite happy, aside from the waterslides and especially the aquatheatre not working, but weren't in the complaining mood.

As a matter of interest, did anyone "get" anything out of RCI? OBC or whatever? We were quite happy, aside from the waterslides and especially the aquatheatre not working, but weren't in the complaining mood.

Not that I am aware of. Just heard the I am so and so status and I am never going with this cruise line again! I did see one poor officer being dragged along by a guest to be shown what they didn't like.

Also heard people saying nothing works on this ship which I thought was excessive and untrue.

Also some people said the boat was too big, why book the largest cruise ship in the world!?!

Did you enjoy the cruise and boat?

Yeah, we really did. Any day on any cruise line is better than a day in work, right?!

It was our first chance to see the Oasis class, and we enjoyed every second. The people on the front line were working hard, and you can't ask anymore than that. The queues for guest services were a bit crazy, particularly last night. I did feel sorry for them.

There were always going to be snagging problems, and admittedly things like toilets not flushing and no pools are show stoppers, but it's still impressive nonetheless. We booked it with our eyes open that there would be problems, but the Aqua Theater being shut was a let down.

We went on the Ovation a few weeks back, and that was in a much better state so close to the cruise. The Quantum class of ship has the edge for me because of that. We did also feel like second-class citizens with all the emphasis being on getting it ready for the inaugural. They should have had it ready for us. We paid for it too.

Yeah, we really did. Any day on any cruise line is better than a day in work, right?!

It was our first chance to see the Oasis class, and we enjoyed every second. The people on the front line were working hard, and you can't ask anymore than that. The queues for guest services were a bit crazy, particularly last night. I did feel sorry for them.

There were always going to be snagging problems, and admittedly things like toilets not flushing and no pools are show stoppers, but it's still impressive nonetheless. We booked it with our eyes open that there would be problems, but the Aqua Theater being shut was a let down.

We went on the Ovation a few weeks back, and that was in a much better state so close to the cruise. The Quantum class of ship has the edge for me because of that. We did also feel like second-class citizens with all the emphasis being on getting it ready for the inaugural. They should have had it ready for us. We paid for it too.

Maybe it is just too too much to ask of upper management staff to ready/prepare two ships very close in time for inaugural launches. I personally think that is terrible to even have to wonder....but if Ovation was truly in much better shape for its launch, it causes me to wonder.

Maybe someone had an 'accident' :eek:

We were on the NCL Escape in October for its first paying 2 nights cruise, didn't really see many issues compared with the Harmony. Perhaps we were lucky??

Day on a cruise is always better than work!

Only disappointment was the aqua show but maybe that's an excuse to go back again!

I read somewhere that although there is no pool in the solarium, there is a plan to put one in by September. Can anyone confirm this or not? Hope so,

Thanks!

There was thread about this but ended up being the poster's DH was kidding around :p:D