What's The Worst Thing You Forgot To Bring?

NewAddict

Not the worst you wish you would've brought...

But what's the worst you forgot??

I'd imagine some have forgotten passports, ID, BC, etc.

We haven't been on a whole lot of cruises, and haven't forgotten anything yet...thank goodness!

Other than forms of ID, I think I would hate if I forgot to bring some little coffee creamers! I LOVE cruising, and Carnival, but that coffee is disgusting. So bringing a bunch of French vanilla creamers make it tolerable. The first cruise, I had coffee the first day, then none the rest of the cruise...and I was GROUCHY!! Still feel sorry for my family putting up with me in the mornings that week.

I forgot to pack underwear once. Left it neatly folded and stacked next to my suitcase on the bed lol Luckily I noticed that morning and was able to grab some before we boarded so I didn't have to go commado all week :p

Not the worst you wish you would've brought...

But what's the worst you forgot??

I'd imagine some have forgotten passports, ID, BC, etc.

We haven't been on a whole lot of cruises, and haven't forgotten anything yet...thank goodness!

Other than forms of ID, I think I would hate if I forgot to bring some little coffee creamers! I LOVE cruising, and Carnival, but that coffee is disgusting. So bringing a bunch of French vanilla creamers make it tolerable. The first cruise, I had coffee the first day, then none the rest of the cruise...and I was GROUCHY!! Still feel sorry for my family putting up with me in the mornings that week.

I once forgot my hair brush. Ship did not sell any. I had to wait until we got to Grand Cayman to buy one.

MY PASSPORT!!!!!!!

It was December 2006, I was leaving on my cruise 12/26 and the day before I happened to remember my passport was in the safety deposit box. You guys might not know this (sarcasm) but banks are closed on 12/25. I called Bank of America and even offered to pay a fine to get it, and they said no one is ever available except during banking hours. I called RCCL and asked them, they told me the passport for cruising law wasn't going into affect until 1/1/07 (although I think that eventually got extended). Thankfully I was able to take the cruise and just not use a passport, but that was scary.

When I returned from the trip I went out, bought a safe for the house, and closed out my safety deposit box.

A few years ago, my husband and I did a five day out of Tampa. Got everything unpacked in the cabin and only then did I realize that I forgot my hanging toiletries bag at home. Yep...had my brush, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothbrush and paste, contact supplies, EVERYTHING. Had to make an expensive shopping trip to the Fun Shops when they opened later that evening. LOL

pump soap for the cabin bathroom

That's a great idea!

I forgot contact lens case once. Searched for something to use. Went to medical to get a pill bottle but they put pills in little baggies. Finally found one for sale in the liquor store of all places on the rack with sundries.

Forgot hair dryer once. Short hair was okay with ships. Forgot makeup once. Had to go to the shops to buy some!

I am cutting back on packing. Not taking dressy shoes or elegant purse, fewer tops, using smaller cases for the over the door thingie.

My first cruise when I was in 7th grade was rough because my girlfriend (who was my twin sister's bff) forgot her birth control pills. When we got to Mexico we tried to buy some at the pharmacy and my Great-Grandma overheard. It was pretty awkward getting anti-sex talks from a 90 year old in public places for the next 5 days:(:(:(

Edited by stevefrisco

My swim suit. Doing Disney Park then 4 day Disney Cruise. Stayed at Animal Kingdom. Second day in park wanted to go swimming. Got my 2 sons and husbands suits out but could not find mine.

Do you know how expensive suits are in Florida? Really expensive. Thank goodness it was a company trip and they were paying for everything. Having to buy a swim suit I could handle. Well not really it was over $150. Yuck

Have never done that again because my husband now packs for himself and I pack for myself. Sons grown up.

I learned a long time ago that when you get a cup of coffee on the ship try half cup of coffee then half cup of hot water. I have done this on both Royal Carribean and Carnival. It's not Dublin donuts coffee but at least it is drinkable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by mjnelson

I once forgot my hair brush. Ship did not sell any. I had to wait until we got to Grand Cayman to buy one.

I did the same thing 2 weeks ago, but it was a comb. Had to wait for the first port too.

All my meds---5 prescriptions all separated into 15 packets (transatlantic cruise) on the bathroom vanity back home! I "bit the bullet" and went to the infirmary expecting a HUGE bill, they took my word for the meds (I always have a list in my wallet) had all in generic form and the cost for the Rx was much less than I'd have paid at CVS!

I forgot to pack underwear once. Left it neatly folded and stacked next to my suitcase on the bed lol Luckily I noticed that morning and was able to grab some before we boarded so I didn't have to go commado all week :p

OMG! I did the same thing on one of my cruises! I remember unpacking and wondering where all my undies were....????? .....found them in a nice neat foled pile on my bed when I returned home.....I was lucky that the first 2 days were sea days so I wore bathing suits. I always pack a change of clothes in my carry on so I had a couple of pairs which held me over for evening until we hit the first port and I was able to buy!!

Now I have laundry service with Platinum so it would not be as bad a predicament I suppose.