Can I get a tour of cabins while onboard?

After a ton of read on this site and soaking in some suggestions for our first cruise we finally clicked the trigger for our first cruise. It will be Jewel of the Seas 12/11 for 7 Nights in Southern Caribbean. We got ourselves a D1 cabin with eye on prices at all times we hope to see a JS or GS if the price is within reach.

Having said that - My wife and daughter believe are surprised with the size of balcony cabin and think it is small. Its hard for them to see that space on cruise comes at a premium.

Now the question - Once on board is it possible to request a tour of cabins? I want my family to see the smallest/inside cabins to the largest suites. I realize that they need to have unsold inventory but is it possible? I want my family to know that its not just a D1 but a decent mid size room on a decent vacation spend.

shoot me if this is too stupid a question

After a ton of read on this site and soaking in some suggestions for our first cruise we finally clicked the trigger for our first cruise. It will be Jewel of the Seas 12/11 for 7 Nights in Southern Caribbean. We got ourselves a D1 cabin with eye on prices at all times we hope to see a JS or GS if the price is within reach.

Having said that - My wife and daughter believe are surprised with the size of balcony cabin and think it is small. Its hard for them to see that space on cruise comes at a premium.

Now the question - Once on board is it possible to request a tour of cabins? I want my family to see the smallest/inside cabins to the largest suites. I realize that they need to have unsold inventory but is it possible? I want my family to know that its not just a D1 but a decent mid size room on a decent vacation spend.

Not a stupid question at all. There are rarely unsold cabins to tour but don't dispair. If you hop onto your cruise's roll call, you can ask if they're doing a "cabin crawl". Many roll calls do these and you not only get to see the cabins of fellow cruisers, you can get their feedback on what they like/dislike about that class of cabin.

No, as most ships sail full and once you are on board everyone else along with you will be occupying their rooms. In addition, the ship does not sponsor tours of the staterooms.

However, if you join the Roll Call for your ship and sailing dates often times other people on the Roll Call with you will sponsor a "Cabin Crawl" where you can see each other's different staterooms. That would be the best way to accomplish what you are looking to do.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes please join your roll call. I organized the cabin crawl on my Liberty sailing. We had 8 categories of cabins from interior to owner's suite including the Ben & Jerry suite. They are also a lot of fun.

We usually disembark late (9am) and we take a look at some of the cabins as we are leaving as by then most have been vacated.

That's a good idea as well, Ken. We've also done that and with most of the staterooms empty an open you can pretty much have your pick.

Thanks guys - cabin crawl is the way to go. I am in the roll call already and will knock on there.

And Yes if google could answer all questions then we wont need teachers in schools.:cool:

Between Google and Wikipedia, who needs teachers?:eek:;):D

Ask for a LARGE table at dinner..make friends with your tablemates...if they have a better cabin, ask to see it! Folks love to show off their accommodations! That's the best way to see other cabins. There is no "tour" of cabin types.

Edited by cb at sea

If your cruise is not sold out and if you don't have a cabin crawl, I would actually check with guest services and tell them you are thinking of booking an additional cruise (not a like hopefully you will) and if there are any xyz cabins you could look at that aren't occupied.

You can sometimes get a glimpse while the cabins are being cleaned. I just got off the Enchantment and had a deck 7 aft Junior Suite. I was curious about how these differed from the "hallway" Juniors on Deck 8. I was able to sneak a peak and see that the Deck 8 ones were wider than mine on Deck 7 with two chairs and a couch, etc. I liked my balcony much better so I will stick with the aft ones.

On the Jewel, you could walk the halls on Deck 10 to see a variety of cabins and Deck 8 to see the E cabins that are smaller than your D cabin. Deck 4 will have non-balcony cabins - outside and inside(duh).