Shoe organizers

I have read a good tip to use shoe organizers for storage in bathroom but I have also read they aren't allowed. Does RC allow shoe organizers?

Yes, they are allowed. I think it is Disney that doesn't allow them anymore because too many doors were being damaged.

Yes, they are allowed. I think it is Disney that doesn't allow them anymore because too many doors were being damaged.

Correct. They are damaging to the doors/door frames so Disney decided to proactively disallow them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where did you read that and why would they not be allowed? They are not on the list of prohibited items, and I've never heard of anyone who's had a problem with them.

I read it on these forums when I did a search.

DH and I ave never found a need for one. However when our DD's shared an inside cabin they found it to be VERY useful. They hung it on the closet door and put all kinds of little things like hair ties and brushes, make up and make up brushes even medicine bottles in it. Anything little that would be clutter in another space. Plus it had clear pouches so things were seen AND remembered.

Men think they're unnecessary, women know they are. Mine takes up no space in the bottom of my suitcase and keeps everything handy hanging on the bathroom door. I hate clutter.

I know Carnival changed their rules about them........

They have to be made of fire retardant material now....

But still allowed if the material is OK

This is the first cruise we are NOT bringing one......

May change my mind in FLL tomorrow and pick one up at Walgreens. LOL

They truly ARE a lifesaver.

I always take mine and hang it on the inside of the bathroom door. DH thought I was crazy when I brought it the first time UNTIL he started putting his stuff in the slots, too. I hate clutter. I like thngs put away and nothing left on the counter tops both in the bathroom and on the desk.

Men think they're unnecessary, women know they are. Mine takes up no space in the bottom of my suitcase and keeps everything handy hanging on the bathroom door. I hate clutter.

False!

Female here who sees no need for one.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

It probably depends on the ship. I thought about bringing one but didn't end up, and we were totally fine. Our Allure room had so much space with shelves and stuff. I (a woman) have so many toiletries and we were four in a cabin and really didn't need it. Having said that, OP is on Freedom and I can't talk for storage on those ships.

It's funny because people always mention "too much stuff" with the shoe organizers. I am going to take the same amount of stuff whether I take the organizer or not -- it just helps me keep things more streamlined and off the counters. (And yes I am one of those people who has a clear desk and kitchen counter, too...clutter drives me nuts.). Although some people may bring extra things just to fill the pockets, the only thing extra I throw in is the organizer itself, which takes up little space.

It it makes you happy, then take it! Being happy is what vacation is all about, right?

As to their OP's actual question, we put a towel over the door and then put our organizer over it...worked great and no scratches. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by widallas

I've used a variety over years going from ones like the picture above, a shoe organizer, tried the nylon one from the dollar store.. In the end, I just stopped bringing them. Everything I need that is used in the bathroom fits in a gallon zip lock bag and fits on the shelf. Anything else fits in the desk drawer.

I can't count the number of things that people suggested and I jump on the bandwagon, only to stop using it.

And no, I don't have clutter all over the cabin.

False!

Female here who sees no need for one.

I'm not even a little surprised that we have the same view here. :)

I find the storage on ships to be amazing. I have a bit of makeup, two hair products for my curls plus hairspray for formal nights, tons of sunscreen and after sun stuff. Dh has some stuff, we have qtips, tooth cleaning supplies, deodorant. Hairbrush and hairties. It all fits in the bathroom and would require anything on the counter unless we want it there (like toothpaste etc).

I brought an organizer once but couldn't figure out exactly how it was helping me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have used a clear one for years and find it keeps the rest room neat and tidy and we can easily find everything. We find it great to keep our toothbrushes, hair brushes, deodorant, razors etc. etc. from cluttering up the sink. We hang it on the inside of the bathroom door and it is well worth having. We just keep ours folded up in the back zippered compartment on one of our suitcases ready for the next cruise.

I found a small plastic, light weight one years ago. I bring it along every cruise. It hangs on one of the knobs on the bathroom door, It does no damage. It holds my face wipes, Lysol wipes, hair bands & clips, dental floss, q-tips, cotton balls, shaving cream & razors. Keeps bathroom tidy!

I also use the suction cup toothbrush holders and a pop-up dirty clothes hamper in the closet!

Magnetic hooks on the wall & ceiling to hang things to dry is another tip!

Type A <<<<--------- Yes I Am!!

We pack all the things that people are listing in our toiletry bags and when we are not using all the "stuff", it goes back into the toiletry bag. Sunscreen is in beach bag, ready to go to beach or pool deck. Never felt the need to empty toiletry bag into a shoe holder.

Do what works best for you and yours.

I do not travel light ... not at all. I have 9 small-to-medium jars/containers just for my face "stuff," not including foundations & makeup. Some cabins have had more storage space than others, but I've never felt the need for an over-the-door bag.

I know they don't weigh very much and don't take up too much space, but I can't pack my stuff in one and roll it up ... so I'd rather use the space for another pair of shoes or another top or two!!

Edited by Lady Chew

I do not travel light ... not at all. I have 9 small-to-medium jars/containers just for my face "stuff," not including foundations & makeup. Some cabins have had more storage space than others, but I've never felt the need for an over-the-door bag.

I know they don't weigh very much and don't take up too much space, but I can't pack my stuff in one and roll it up ... so I'd rather use the space for another pair of shoes or another top or two!!

We use one for all of the toiletries and potions. Hang it on the WC Door. It is a great tool for us. However no strategy works for everyone.

Michael

Michael a.k.a. Dragonmaster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Count me in the 'shoe organizers are useful' club - on our cruise that just ended, we used it for: extra sunglasses, extra reading glasses, earbuds, bug spray, lanyards, hair ties, hairbrushes for me and daughter, aloe gel, tie tack and collar extenders for husband, Tide stick, receipts from onboard purchases, etc - in other words, all of the random "stuff" that we don't want cluttering the desk or taking up valuable drawer space. Actually, our teen daughter took ALLoc the drawer space, so the organizer was a huge help!:rolleyes::rolleyes: