How often do you eat in the MDR on a 7 day non Anthem ship

I'm not sure why takeout is such a foreign concept... Its not a secret that Chops desserts are available for takeout for a nominal fee.

They charged my sepass. It took maybe 3 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

YIKES...Sorry I asked....20+ cruises with RCI and takeout is new for me.

My husband and I are over the MDR experience. On our last cruise we ate there one night (1st formal) because we got dressed up to take new photos. We would rather hit WJ for a quick in and out or one of the specialty restaurants for a leisurely meal. We will do a few nights in MDR on our upcoming cruise in September because we have a first-time cruiser coming with us.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by Mickeygrl71

On a 7 nighter we generally do MTD 3-4 nights and specialties 3-4 nights. Never have we done the Windjammer for dinner.

On our 12 night Baltic and 14 night Med, we will be doing specialty dinners at least 10 times between the two as we have prepaid for 5 specialty dinners per cruise.

When it comes to length of time for dining service. In MTD on a two top, the longest we have ever been in there is slightly over a hour. We can get in and out in under an hour generally. We know the menues and know which nights to eat at the specialty restaurants to avoid the bad menus.

Edited by wreckem2013

7 days. We like the dining room food, lol.

We don't expect michelin star rated food , so it's fine with us.

Last 3 cruises were on the Oasis , and the food was edible .

Cheers.

We always do Chops on the second night (formal night) and dress formally

at that to make it even more special. Of course BOGO is one big reason!

We used to do second formal night at Giovannis, but they started enforcing

the "first/second night" rule on BOGO and don't do it any longer.

When we have a big OBC, we also like to do Chef's Table.

Then of course there are those evenings in the DL/CL where we

get to talking too much and miss our MTD time. :eek: WJ that night,

and actually enjoy it quite a bit since it is quieter in there at

8:00 pm than it is in the dining room.

So...on average....maybe three times on a 7 night cruise?

We had planned to do 5 nights in MDR, but the menus posted on the tv were wrong, so the things we had planned made me miss the couple meals in MDR I wanted...so we changed and got the 5 night specialty and We loved that! Sure wish they would post correct menu order in day one and NOT change it. Two cruises I have missed a meal I wanted in MDR due to this type of issue. That being said we much prefer the specialty, and I am not a fan of buffet dining.

MDR pretty much every night, depends on who we are cruising with though.

One couple loves Chops so if they are along we usually do a Chops night with them, apart from that we might do WJ a night or to if we just aren't in the mood or don't have the time for MDR, generally speaking MDR is part of the "charm" of cruising for us though. Sitting down, enjoying a level of service a little higher than most casual restaurants (although dropping steadily), etc.

Almost every night in MDR. We enjoy the ambience and generally find the food to be very good. I tried Giovanni's Table on the Adventure earlier this year. IMO it wasn't worth the additional cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Last RCCL cruise, had dinner in the MDR the first couple nights. Food was no unappealing I ended up buying a 3 night specialty dining package and returned to the MDR only once more for the lobster night.

I currently have 2 RCCL cruises planned, Allure for 2017 and Anthem for 2018. I will be buying at least a 4 night specialty package on both cruises. If RCCL is toning down the quality of food in the MDR on purpose to get me to buy specialty packages, mission accomplished!

We eat in the MDR every night--it's one of my family's favorite things to do. We usually do early seating. We love getting to know our wait staff. We love just sitting around the table together since our usual lives are so hectic at home that a family meal (with Grandmothers, Aunts, Uncles) is rare and the MDR is the perfect place for us.

Kerrie :)

On my 7 day cruises I have averaged 6 days in the MDR. In latter years, cruising on our anniversary we have booked one specialty for our anniversary. We also started not taking formal wear with us, so on some cruises we avoid formal night. On our last cruise on Oasis the only evening showing of CATS was during our dining time, so we missed 3 days in a row and a new record.