Birthday Gift-Carry On Luggage?

It will be our granddaughters (Julia), 3rd birthday while we are on our cruise. I am bringing a gift for her to open on her special day.

Should I leave it unwrapped and bring wrapping and tape with me to wrap it once we are on the ship?

Thank you.

You could also consider wrapping it (kids that age usually enjoy ripping off the wrapping paper rather than a gift bag) and putting it in your checked luggage...the xray of these bags can't tell the difference and so it won't matter ;)

You could also consider wrapping it (kids that age usually enjoy ripping off the wrapping paper rather than a gift bag) and putting it in your checked luggage...the xray of these bags can't tell the difference and so it won't matter ;)

Respectfully disagree! TSA will open suitcases and packages - if they pick your bag to be opened, even checked bags. Have frequently received my bag to find a printed notice on top of clothing to say bag had been searched. Travel frequently at. Christmas time and you are warned not to wrap gifts as they can be opened and checked. I pack my gift bags/wrapping paper and wrap at destination.

Respectfully disagree! TSA will open suitcases and packages - if they pick your bag to be opened, even checked bags. Have frequently received my bag to find a printed notice on top of clothing to say bag had been searched. Travel frequently at. Christmas time and you are warned not to wrap gifts as they can be opened and checked. I pack my gift bags/wrapping paper and wrap at destination.

I travel often too except holidays so that may make a difference and just been lucky I guess to never have had my bags searched in all those flights ;):)

OP still has the option to bring the wrapping with her....gift bags at that age not so much fun :)

Edited by Ashland

Take a roll of tape with you.

Wrap it in Cruise Compasses!

:)

:eek::eek: Not those beloved Cruise Compasses...but those useless art auction, med-spa flyers etc etc...now there's a good use for them :D

I travel often too except holidays so that may make a difference and just been lucky I guess to never have had my bags searched in all those flights

Wow, you are lucky! My bag is searched every time i fly. Maybe because I fly out of such a small airport, they only have about 10 checked bags per flight. Or, maybe I just look like trouble! :eek::eek:

Wow, you are lucky! My bag is searched every time i fly. Maybe because I fly out of such a small airport, they only have about 10 checked bags per flight. Or, maybe I just look like trouble! :eek::eek:

I always fly out of LAX so a little more luggage goes through there ;)

I always fly out of LAX so a little more luggage goes through there ;)

I agree! I leave out of Green Bay and have to change in either Chicago, Detroit, or Minneapolis. Pretty sure the bags are getting searched here ...... Which is fine with me ......just doing their job. I don't find that happens as much coming home and often from a "major" airport.

this is just flat out wrong information...K.O.

You can always get tape from guest services, no need to pack it.

My suggestion, for what its worth, wrap the package and if the worst case scenario happens and they do unwrap it you can always re-wrap it using tape from guest services and paper found around the ship. Are the childrens menus printed on a coloring sheet? Often they are and you could grab a handful of those from the dinning rooms.

I just would not be afraid of it getting unwrapped because there are a ton of options on board.

JMO

It will be our granddaughters (Julia), 3rd birthday while we are on our cruise. I am bringing a gift for her to open on her special day.

Should I leave it unwrapped and bring wrapping and tape with me to wrap it once we are on the ship?

Thank you.

We had ours wrapped and in our carry on luggage, and TSA had no issues with it.. It will go through the scanner. if it looks like something suspicious, they MAY ask you to unwrap it.. It hasn't been our experience they would though...