JW and Jerome's Adventure on The Norwegian Escape

I know what you mean, there are certain times a year that I will not sail. Did you go at Thanksgiving in November?

JW - I went on the Escape the last two Thanksgivings - Lots of kids but still great service from a great crew. Very enjoyable.

To all our great and loyal fans:

Sorry for what seemed to be shirking my duties on the boards, but the last three to four weeks have been super hectic.

First, we no sooner came home from our awesome Norwegian Escape cruise number three, to me having to rush off to work (and being sequestered for the week in the hotel) for my last Official and most monumental event preparation of my career, my Crowning Achievement, that saw our property (and mostly ME in tow everywhere) host both Gigantic Leaders of the World. Though I am forbidden to go into details, it was an awesome, awe inspiring, and jaw dropping, tinkle in my pants every hour, three day sequestered and highly secure extravaganza. All I can officially say is that our President does not drink at all, nor do any of his family, however, the other country staying at the property...............well lets just say they can drink me under the table. With all of the Vodka and Scotch consumed during seven days, by the "Official Delegation", it was enough to fill the South China Seas. 'Nuf said.

After it was over, and the coast was clear, I was able to resume normal preparations for our Immense Annual Grand Easter Sunday Formal Brunch, serving over 3,300 in five seating's from 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM and 7PM. This was my final event, both of the Season (Mother's Day is not as big because of all the Northerners have gone home) and, it was also my final event of my career, as I also officially retired after 35 years in the Hotel Industry. I wanted no fanfair (That is unusual for me, mind you) but I had to be dragged, kicking and screaming out of the arms of the Corporate Management, as they were not about to let me go easy. They still think that I am merely on a vacation or sabbatical. It has been 4 days so far and all I have done is sleep (lots of stress-less sleep), eat, drink, work on the yard and drink, and then enjoy the pool, drink some more and of course, drink. Jerome is beside himself with all this time on my hands. He is off on his flying machines for the next ten days. What to do with myself. Drink! Bloody Mary and Vodka with Grapefruit in the morning, a Screwdriver (or three) for lunch, then happy hour Martini's and then get to composing on Cruise Critic. Yes, it should be a real hoot!

I have to get accustomed to not being available 24/7/365 for the property, but nonetheless, they keep interrupting my drink time. I will be posting loads more, and Jerome and I are incredibly excited to let everyone in on some exciting news..............................could it be yet another Norwegian Escape cruise? A fourth? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Welcome back JW and congratulations on your retirement! I've been checking daily for your third installment as we are leaving for Escape in 15 short days... so this will be PERFECT timing! I'm getting so giddy I could almost "tinkle". :')

Yes, welcome back and congrats on a well-deserved retirement! I'm very greeeen with envy! How fun would be your review of your Crowning Achievement! I can only imagine... What a once in a lifetime! I await your next installment with anticipation....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congratulations ! I got off the Escape Sat and it was Fantastic. Nothing like the August nightmare and Rommell, Rommell jr and Michael say hello. They said they had lots of laughs with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm so glad to hear the great news of your Retirement! I've been waiting patiently for the next installment. Hoping to book #2 on the Escape within the next couple weeks. This time I'm determined to get to Vibe!

Now! On with the show!!!!

Congrats on your retirement JW. Looking forwarded to reading more, very entertaining.

Cool Cruiser, on the same sailing can't wait only my 3rd ever cruise!

I saw you were on the Aug 12 Escape in the Haven. We chose to book a Haven room also. We are in a Aft Haven suite on 14th fl.

I saw you were on the Aug 12 Escape in the Haven. We chose to book a Haven room also. We are in a Aft Haven suite on 14th fl.

Just got off the Escape, and we had the starboard side 14th floor aft haven suite. It was glorious! The deck was to die for! You will LOVE it!!! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loving this review! You are hilarious and I would love to meet you in person, you sound like so much fun! I'm only up to the part where you've worn more drinks than actually drinking, thanks to hammy/prosciutto lol!! And the "Miracle" I can just picture the sequins!!;) Can't wait to finish this up and hear about all the adventures and shananigans you 2 get into!