JW and Jerome's Adventure on The Norwegian Escape

Following...love the review, you are FANTASTIC! I'm sailing on the Escape on the July 1st sailing. My first NCL trip and 3rd cruise ever. Can't wait to read the rest of your Trilogy Review!

Keep the ship in great shape! I'll be getting on July 8, when you are getting off!

Enjoy your cruise!

Speaking of keeping the ship in great shape I am getting ready to complete my own personal NCL "Away Trilogy" I just booked on the Breakaway for the Bermuda cruise from NY City on May 7th. I have cruised on the Getaway, Escape and will now cruise on the Breakaway. I always cruise when the ship is new (I'm a bit of a neat freak) Both of my NCL cruises on the Getaway and the Escape were in their inaugural sailing years, so cruising on an "OLD" ship like Breakaway will be a new experience for me. However the costs for the May 7th cruise in the Haven were to hard to pass up!!!

My first sailing on the Escape was inspired by a few CC members with JW high on the list. I was so excited to share my experience in the Haven suites on my Escape cruise last Sept. and started what I hoped to be a very detailed review but unfortunately as I was writing it I received some fairly bad health news and I lost all the excitement for writing it. All is well on the health front now so I am hoping to post an overview of my "Away Trilogy" after the Bermuda cruise. Hopefully that review will give others on CC some insight across all 3 Away ships!

JW I'm looking forward to your next installment!!! and when is Gambee going to cruise again, we need another one of his reviews to go along with Dougout and JimZim!!!

Thanks in no small part to your review, yesterday we booked our 3rd cruise... this time on the Escape sailing Dec 9, 2017. We're 28 days out from our 2nd Royal Caribbean cruise. Liberty of the Seas this time.

We booked one of those deck 8 mini-suites on the Escape after watching your video tour. NCL owes you a commission!

Looking forward to trying NCL and the Escape. At least if we survive this next one with the kids and grandkids! Will be a different kind of cruise for sure.

Sorry for my false alarm. I don't think this is going to get wrapped up to anyone's satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By no means was I referring to your post. I'm sure JW always has the best intention of posting another chapter, but life (now RETIREMENT, lol) get's in the way.

Tom

One of the most comprehensive MENU sites compiled by a good friend and fellow upcoming Roll Call member CardFanDubG.

All current (2017) Menu's and Food Offerings are listed here. If there are any updates, I will provide them on the Trilogy continuation of this review.

Here is the Menu Link for Norwegian Escape:

https://sites.google.com/view/march-25-escape/restaurant-menu

What a wonderful resource - like a souvenir from the Escape!!! Love the videos - thank you for sharing!!.

What a wonderful resource - like a souvenir from the Escape!!! Love the videos - thank you for sharing!!.

Thank you for your comments.

I just got around to scanning in the Freestyle Dailies from this cruise. Thought people reading this thread may be interested.

https://sites.google.com/view/march-...estyle-dailies

He is fine, but he will not be finishing this trilogy after all. Sorry!

No worries here. It was amusing while it lasted (earlier on specifically) but I think it had really run its course.

I'm sure if I ever run into him on one of our two Escape sailings, he'll be hard to miss!

Tom

That's too bad. I'm not going to lie by saying I'm not disappointed but understand that life must have gotten in the way once again to leave us all for the 2nd if not 3rd time. Normally you just forget BUT his reviews are so very entertaining (it quite shows when there are 100k+ reads) ! Oh well moving on..

J.W. thanks for what you have provided thus far and good luck and enjoy your retirement.

J.W., you have a real gift for writing. Hopefully we will all see you again in a book that you will write. Happy Trails, and thank you for sharing your gift here with us.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the false alarm but sad you won't be updating this! I hadn't been on in forever and was hoping I'd long on and see the rest of the review. I guess I'll just have to stalk you on another cruise to hear all the stories! Hope you're enjoying retirement [emoji8]