Can't bring soda on board anymore

lixogab

That link doesn't work for me . I'm getting

LOOKS LIKE OUR SITE NEEDED

TO TAKE A SHORT VACATION.

404 - Not Found

Must say this is surprising . I'd like to see this for myself .

Given the way that link is structured, you and anyone else should probably run a program like malware bytes. I would be willing to put a bottle of water down as a bet that there was malware at that link.

The NCL site still says the price gouging price.

Someone is playing this morning.

Sí ... Me too, thinking. Maybe, someone got it wrong & took it down again. Then, again - we are talking about NCL's overall creditability - consistent customer-focused communications, I.T. and, apparently, Accounts Payable.

Wow, it's now slightly lowered price gouging. Cheerleaders will be back, more Koo Aid, straight from the bathroom faucet and unfiltered.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Kool_Aid_Man.jpeg

Now you come to mention it ... If it turns out to be a 'slow news day' maybe someone will.

Oh, SCL? Glad you noticed; That's Scrooge Cruise Lines... ;)

Kind of did that tongue-in-cheek but seriously, hope the media do followup on the story.

Protests, violence, travel advisories and smuggling - it is all in the news.

Given the way that link is structured, you and anyone else should probably run a program like malware bytes. I would be willing to put a bottle of water down as a bet that there was malware at that link.

It's amazing the links people randomly click on isn't it

Not to mention they believe everything they read

But what amazes me the most is how many posters here can't distinguish joke posts from real posts

Thats what happens when you live life believing in the "warm and fuzzy everything and everyone is sooo wonderful everything goes world"

Reality is much different but only those who have the ability to realistically and honestly see things know that

I'm really glad I don't drink the kool aid. Lol

New policy caused my wife and I to check into other lines. Other lines like Princess include bottled water in their beverage perk... and turns out lots of them now have versions of Freestyle or "anytime dining", where you dine with whoever and whenever you want. More than the constant changes- is how NCL does these things after final payment is due- and tell you basically to suck it up. Glad they keep pushing... we've found some other options for our family! Thanks NCL!

Interesting...has NCL actually changed the price of water? I was led to believe that the pricing hasn't changed at all.

You're right. It hasn't changed. It's always been price gouging. People had the option though of bringing their own drinks onboard. That, as you know, has been taken away. So now its they have no choice other than tap water pricing.

Edited by janpo

You're right. It hasn't changed. It's always been price gouging. People had the option though of bringing their own drinks onboard. That, as you know, has been taken away. So now its they have no choice other than tap water pricing.

Right...so then why do you think the poster I quoted when I made my remarks tried to make it seem like the price had...to use their term, "spiked"?

I would pay a small convenience fee to bring on some caffeine free diet coke.

And I'd like to have me cigarettes!

I understand.

NCL will answer questions, as soon as we calm down.

Edited by $hip$hape

Right...so then why do you think the poster I quoted when I made my remarks tried to make it seem like the price had...to use their term, "spiked"?

You quoted me.

I always have used the term price gouging regarding ncl pricing of their bottled water.

The definition that I looked up used the word spiked which I copied and pasted to this page.

Edited by janpo

Can't imagine NCL would try to impose such a policy change retroactively on passengers who purchased transportation before the announcement.

NCL has a history of pulling stunts like this - the only one of the myriad changes over the last year or so where they offered any 'grandfather rights' was when they hiked up the DSC. I am afraid that the NCL business model is now: "What can we do to gouge more dollars from our customers? Do it ASAP and screw the consequences."

This is a typical short term, desperation measure beloved of politicians who are against the ropes and companies who are heading for a financial crisis.

I am so glad that I have no financial connection with them any more (no shares - no Future Cruise Certs. and no cruises booked). At this rate, they are heading for the bottom - so much for FDR's wish to move them up-market.

Has Norwegian notified passengers formally or is this a rumor? I bought a ticket for a trip in September and will bring my own water like I did in the past. If they refused to allow me on board I would demand a full refund

but in all fairness, norwegian has not sent me a letter - maybe this is just a rumor, or maybe they are planning to do this to new passengers on future bookings,

if they pulled such a stunt on those of us who paid already they would face lawsuits and endless headaches imho

Has Norwegian notified passengers formally or is this a rumor? I bought a ticket for a trip in September and will bring my own water like I did in the past. If they refused to allow me on board I would demand a full refund

If you had read the thread, you'd have seen multiple users posting emails from Norwegian and seen that the privilege of bringing drinks onboard is not a privilege granted by the contract you have with the cruise line so you have no basis for demanding a full refund in port.

NCL has a history of pulling stunts like this - the only one of the myriad changes over the last year or so where they offered any 'grandfather rights' was when they hiked up the DSC. I am afraid that the NCL business model is now: "What can we do to gouge more dollars from our customers? Do it ASAP and screw the consequences."

This is a typical short term, desperation measure beloved of politicians who are against the ropes and companies who are heading for a financial crisis.

I am so glad that I have no financial connection with them any more (no shares - no Future Cruise Certs. and no cruises booked). At this rate, they are heading for the bottom - so much for FDR's wish to move them up-market.

And it's suddenly gotten far worse:

Now, NCL apparently isn't notifying passengers with refundable deposits UNTIL AFTER PENALTIES KICK IN.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

We *still* have heard nothing about this, other than what we learned from CruiseCritic.

We have several NCL cruises with deposits paid (all but one reservation made prior to 2016).

Some were made directly with NCL and some were made with a travel agent.

Last week, we cancelled the cruise that was about to go into penalty phase.

But despite all of these reservations, we have heard exactly NOTHING directly from either NCL or the travel agent.

Almost everyone (?) on CruiseCritic reporting they've been notified by NCL of this new policy has *already* been in a penalty phase, and thus unable to cancel without losing money.

Where are OUR notifications - for the cruises not yet with penalties, from either NCL or a travel agent??

To us, this is the most egregious change by NCL: WAITING to notify passengers in "batches"... only after penalties have kicked in.

Unthinkable... but apparently not to NCL!

I hadn't received notice for my 2 that I've now replaced. I was annoyed that, after a week, they still hadn't sent a notice. I just felt that they now had no intention of sending notices unless it was already past final payment figuring the passenger is then responsible to keep up with the constant changes via their website, etc.

While I guess that's a "viewpoint" :rolleyes:, it certainly doesn't work for me (since, in the past, any of their other changes, I got notices for cruises in final payment as well as anything booked). ;)

It's very sad to see them behave this way. Maybe one day, they will figure it out. :p Until then, I'll finish up the one I have no option on, then happily hand over my dollars to other cruise lines. :)

Would NCL have the right to suddenly deny boarding to anyone for bringing water, books, socks, sunglasses, cell phones, etc on board? If there was an urgent security threat it might be understandable, but otherwise it would seem illegal in most parts of this world.

They would have to compensate people who paid for tickets based on what their website and agents made available at time of payment, and conditions of contract at that time, just like other carriers like airlines, right?

Would NCL have the right to suddenly deny boarding to anyone for bringing water, books, socks, sunglasses, cell phones, etc on board?

They would have to compensate people who paid for tickets based on what their website and agents made available at time of payment, and conditions of contract at that time, just like other carriers like airlines, right?

Read for yourself - from the conditions of the contract:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Guest-Ticket-Contract-11-2015.pdf

You quoted me.

I always have used the term price gouging regarding ncl pricing of their bottled water.

The definition that I looked up used the word spiked which I copied and pasted to this page.

So you have a definition that says the price was spiked even though it hasn't changed a bit? Can't have it both ways, but nice try.

Bad news for all lovers of sparking water and caffeine free diet coke:

https://www.ncl.com/faq/liquor-beverage-policy

Effective July 1, 2016, for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call.[/quote

Thanks for the info! It figures. I am going sept. 2016. Although I have always brought my own bottled water on board, I don't think the ship provided water is bad. I guess I will be bringing on my refillable bottles. I am in the Haven and I think I read that they have bottled water available - can't believe all that you read from people (not this page but in general). I wonder if the water is included in the UBP!

Contract says alcoholic beverages are forbidden. NCL has the right to modify proposed contracts for future bookings. But after a contract is signed modifications can only be made upon agreement of all parties. Disputes over interpretations of contracts should be resolved between the parties, not through public fora. In any case, I did not receive any notice about not allowing water to be brought on the ship and plan to bring my own cause I paid for my ticket after being told over the phone that it was ok, and after reading the terms of contract and reading all the info on their website. But reading this forum has gotten me agitated and the more I see here the more I worry that something really bad is happening and that maybe NCL really does have a trick up their sleeves. ok enough , i will only believe it if ncl sends a formal proposal for changes in terms of contract.