Neptune Suite perk question

sailorgirl

Do Neptune Suite passengers still have the privilege of having breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill? Does this continue to be a "given"? I'd be very unhappy to be expecting it again and find that the amenity no longer exists.

Do Neptune Suite passengers still have the privilege of having breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill? Does this continue to be a "given"? I'd be very unhappy to be expecting it again and find that the amenity no longer exists.

It differs depending upon the size of the ship. On the larger ships where the Pinnacle Grill is a windowless inside venue, Suite passengers have a section of the MDR reserved for them exclusively.

The last few times we were on the Amsterdam (R class ship) we had breakfast on the upper level of the dining room -- starboard side. Only for PS and Neptune Suites.

All other passengers had breakfast in the lower level.

There was a time on the Amsterdam when we had breakfast in the King's Room -- but recently it has become a storage room.

Yes they do. Very nice perk! :)

You seem to be booked on HAL most of the time, shrimpboat123 and well into 2017, too. What are your reason(s) for going so often and for so long? I really like cruising but feel I have to have ample land time in between to keep me on the water.

I notice you've never been a passenger on Amsterdam. I'm on Amsterday in December between San Diego and Hawaii for 17 days.

We just got off the Westerdam on Saturday and ate breakfast several times in the Pinnacle as we were in a Neptune Suite. There were windows located in this venue. Very quiet start to the day.

... Westerdam ... There were windows located in this venue.
I believe only the Amsterdam, Volendam, and Zaandam have window-less PG's.

Edited by jtl513

Does anyone know where Neptune suite passengers have breakfast on the Rotterdam?

When we were last on the Rotterdam, the Neptune suite breakfasts were in the enclosed Pinnacle Grill. But this can change depending upon who knows what - so inside Pinnacle Grill breakfasts may be changed to the upper dining room on the Rotterdam too.

Our next Neptune suite on the Zaandam/Volendam (?) was in the Upper Dining room, much to our great disappointment because one of the reason we grabbed the last minute upgrade was to get those Pinnacle dining room breakfasts.

We felt the upper dining room location did not have the graciousness and intimacy of the Pinnacle Grill itself, even it was an enclosed space on these similar class ships. And often the sun was so bright in the upper dining room at that time of the day, you wanted to avoid the windows anyway.

Our complaints about this "new" location choice were of no avail - we were told other passengers preferred the open space location instead. Only the Rotterdam-class ships have these enclosed inside Pinnacle dining rooms what may switch locations for the Neptune breakfasts. The rest have Pinnacles with windows - no problems.

When we were last on the Rotterdam, the Neptune suite breakfasts were in the enclosed Pinnacle Grill. But this can change depending upon who knows what - so inside Pinnacle Grill breakfasts may be changed to the upper dining room on the Rotterdam too.

Our next Neptune suite on the Zaandam/Volendam (?) was in the Upper Dining room, much to our great disappointment because one of the reason we grabbed the last minute upgrade was to get those Pinnacle dining room breakfasts.

We felt the upper dining room location did not have the graciousness and intimacy of the Pinnacle Grill itself, even it was an enclosed space on these similar class ships. And often the sun was so bright in the upper dining room at that time of the day, you wanted to avoid the windows anyway.

Our complaints about this "new" location choice were of no avail - we were told other passengers preferred the open space location instead. Only the Rotterdam-class ships have these enclosed inside Pinnacle dining rooms what may switch locations for the Neptune breakfasts. The rest have Pinnacles with windows - no problems.

Thanks for the info :)

Bummer - last time we were on the Rotterdam we ate in the King/Queen's Lounge and really liked it there.

It was the perfect spot -huge windows and we could catch a glimpse of things "out there".

I guess if one has to choose, we will hope it is the Pinnacle Grill - time will tell - we have a bit to go. !

It differs depending upon the size of the ship. On the larger ships where the Pinnacle Grill is a windowless inside venue, Suite passengers have a section of the MDR reserved for them exclusively.

I believe only the Amsterdam, Volendam, and Zaandam have window-less PG's.

Yup, the larger ships all have windows in the Pinnacle Grill.

Edited by Boytjie

Yup, the larger ships all have windows in the Pinnacle Grill.

As do the smaller S class ships, like the Maasdam.

and the smallest ship and only ship in it's class -the Prinsendam.

So they apparently accommodate us "suite folks" somewhere for breakfast but some are better venues than others. A window-less Pinnacle Grill sure doesn't sound appealing. As the original poster, I'm very appreciative of all the informative comments. Thanks.

So they apparently accommodate us "suite folks" somewhere for breakfast but some are better venues than others. A window-less Pinnacle Grill sure doesn't sound appealing. As the original poster, I'm very appreciative of all the informative comments. Thanks.

We loved the large spacious elegant tables for two and the quiet, non-distracting intimate atmosphere in the inside Pinnacle Dining Room. So at least for us, it was very appealing.

Don't forget one can be directed to the much smaller tables for two in the upper dining room - in fact they sent us to the very same table for two we had at dinner our first morning. From that point on we insisted on a table for four, but set up for only two to recapture a bit of that former Pinnacle restaurant spaciousness.

But the glare of the morning sun on that particular cruise and the annoying "bird calls" they piped in to the upper dining room made the whole experience less than we enjoyed in the previous inside Pinnacle dining room.

It's only an issue on a few of the ships. The rest all have Pinncle Grills with Windows. Which ship are you sailing on? (Apologies if I missed it). It might be a non issue for you. ;)

Our next HAL cruise is on Zuiderdam. A T/A next April.

Then you are all set :)

Nothing to worry about - enjoy your breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill :)

They did it well when we were on the Zuiderdam. Hope your experience is the same :)

You seem to be booked on HAL most of the time, shrimpboat123 and well into 2017, too. What are your reason(s) for going so often and for so long? I really like cruising but feel I have to have ample land time in between to keep me on the water.

I notice you've never been a passenger on Amsterdam. I'm on Amsterday in December between San Diego and Hawaii for 17 days.

Actually we've only sailed on HAL since we were introduced to cruising back in 2010. At the moment I see no reason to try other lines. We are quite happy to sail on HAL. We like HAL for all the reasons everyone else does. :)

I was going to add that we're trying to get invited to the President's Club. :) :D :rolleyes:

Actually we've only sailed on HAL since we were introduced to cruising back in 2010. At the moment I see no reason to try other lines. We are quite happy to sail on HAL. We like HAL for all the reasons everyone else does. :)

I was going to add that we're trying to get invited to the President's Club. :) :D :rolleyes:

Guess you must have or are close to 1500 ACTUAL sea days.

This sounds like a great perk that's not listed in any Neptune Suite write-up! Does anyone know where breakfast will be served on the Koningsdam? We have a NS reserved on their Artic Circle cruise in a couple of weeks? Are there any other undocumented NS perks we should check on once we board?

This sounds like a great perk that's not listed in any Neptune Suite write-up! Does anyone know where breakfast will be served on the Koningsdam? We have a NS reserved on their Artic Circle cruise in a couple of weeks? Are there any other undocumented NS perks we should check on once we board?

The breakfast was always in the Cruise Atlas where they described suites "Exclusive daily breakfast service" is how it is described.

Along with that is the ability to order cold hors d'oeuvres each evening (we have been able to order hot if we wished), cocktail party with ship's officers, high tea service on request, complimentary sparkling wine in the Neptune Lounge (we normally get a bottle in our room)and a comp bottled water on embarkation.

Hope this helps.

The breakfast was always in the Cruise Atlas where they described suites "Exclusive daily breakfast service" is how it is described.

Along with that is the ability to order cold hors d'oeuvres each evening (we have been able to order hot if we wished), cocktail party with ship's officers, high tea service on request, complimentary sparkling wine in the Neptune Lounge (we normally get a bottle in our room)and a comp bottled water on embarkation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! We'll definitely have to check out the cruise atlas once we're onboard!