Princess@sea messaging app

Pamthecat

How do I download the Princess@sea app before I board?

I don't want to pay for expensive wifi.

I board in Vancouver

Welcome to Cruise Critic....

You don't need an app, it all loads when you sign in onboard.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Pretty much the same way you download any other app-- the App Store for Apple, or Google Play for Android-- just search for "Princess." But it doesn't replace Wi-Fi -- all it does is let you send messages to other people on board, and it has general ship information-- like what's in the Patter (although not always updated on a timely basis) and deck plans.

No app needed beforehand.

Princess@Sea uses the ship's Intranet that you access via WiFi on your device. There is no cost. You can access the Internet as one of the options in Princess@Sea for which there is a cost. You don't need the app.

3df5dd3fc086ee28c233e671ddd4533c.png

The app no longer exists. You'll have to pay for wifi, but the free service provides messaging capability for other pax.

You pay for Internet usage, but not for the WI-FI that is used for the ship's Intranet.

The app no longer exists so there is nothing to download before boarding the ship. Once on board you will have to create a WiFi account but will not have to buy any WiFi time. You will use your name and cabin number to create the account and to access the internal WiFi network. The Internet Cafe can help you do this if you don't understand the instructions online.

You will be able to see your folio, see the program for the day and other nice features depending on the ship you are aboard. You can also access princess.com to look at your account, plan future cruises, etc just like at home but it is S L O W.

I'm new to Princess. How do I find out if the ship we're going on offers this (we're on Regal). We used NCL's app on our last cruise to text each other onboard and it was great.

On NCL, was there an audible notification when a message was received? Princess doesn't allow the phones to give one or even a vibration so you have to constantly check for messages. :(

On NCL, was there an audible notification when a message was received? Princess doesn't allow the phones to give one or even a vibration so you have to constantly check for messages. :(

I think it may be the same (no sound or vibration). Actually makes sense otherwise it could get very annoying to keep hearing this throughout the ship.

Princess@Sea uses the ship's Intranet that you access via WiFi on your device. There is no cost. You can access the Internet as one of the options in Princess@Sea for which there is a cost. You don't need the app.

3df5dd3fc086ee28c233e671ddd4533c.png

I have a question. I see from this screen shot, it appears you would simply press the button at the bottom right to go to the Real internet, and since you have given your name and room # to set up the acct....my question / concern is, after hitting the internet button , is there additional steps to prevent me from accidentally going on $ the Real internet.

The thought of my DH (or I, we are tech dummies) racking up a huge bill because we didn't realize we were on the internet :0

I have a question. I see from this screen shot, it appears you would simply press the button at the bottom right to go to the Real internet, and since you have given your name and room # to set up the acct....my question / concern is, after hitting the internet button , is there additional steps to prevent me from accidentally going on $ the Real internet.

The thought of my DH (or I, we are tech dummies) racking up a huge bill because we didn't realize we were on the internet :0

We used this on the Caribbean Princess recently. You must confirm that you want to connect to the internet. And you have to purchase internet minutes before you can connect to the internet. The folks down at the internet cafe were great help! They added an icon for "log in" and "log out" on our phones.

If you want to purchase internet minutes, there is a special that you can purchase before you get on the ship and there are usually specials the first day and shorter packages for the last day when you need to print boarding passes. If you have internet minutes and connect to the WWW, you will need to be sure to log off when you are finished! Otherwise, your minutes will disappear quickly.

You can sign in to check your account statement to see what charges are there. We found a mistake and it was quickly corrected. We tried using the messaging app, but it didn't work well for us.

Have fun on your trip!

FYI because it isn't an app, it would be difficult/impossible to generate "push notifications" (what generates a vibration or rings) through the browser. I'm assuming that's a large part of why the web-based system doesn't offer notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used this on the Caribbean Princess recently. You must confirm that you want to connect to the internet. And you have to purchase internet minutes before you can connect to the internet. The folks down at the internet cafe were great help!

Have fun on your trip!

Thank you for the info, I was picturing my DH streaming a show , oblivious to the charges and getting my folio bill :0, but I had forgotten you must buy a package. Tks again. I guess this means I won't (wink wink) forget the phones at home LOL

I'm new to Princess. How do I find out if the ship we're going on offers this (we're on Regal). We used NCL's app on our last cruise to text each other onboard and it was great.

The link previously posted states that P@S is now available on all ships.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/princess-at-sea/

Thankfully Princess finally updated that webpage & removed the outdated information about downloading an app. I've used their 'feedback' tab several times in the past informing them about that misinformation & the confusion that it was creating.

Thank you for the info, I was picturing my DH streaming a show , oblivious to the charges and getting my folio bill :0, but I had forgotten you must buy a package. Tks again. I guess this means I won't (wink wink) forget the phones at home LOL

I've seen a big improvement in the P@S since it was implemented & it's now easier to sign off & always get a usage summary which I take a screenshot of just in case there's any problem.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've seen a big improvement in the P@S since it was implemented & it's now easier to sign off & always get a usage summary which I take a screenshot of just in case there's any problem.
Right. I noticed a real-time time ticker when on the Internet on the Royal in April. After logging out, you will receive a detailed summary of the times you logged in and the amount of data used.

Right. I noticed a real-time time ticker when on the Internet on the Royal in April. After logging out, you will receive a detailed summary of the times you logged in and the amount of data used.

Thanks...I forgot about the realtime ticker when using paid minutes to access the Internet from the ship.

You halve to log in to the other Internet. It requires a separate password. The first time you try to access it. It will ask you to set up an

Account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Kamloops50