What's your favorite item on the buffet?

gatorphin

I was expecting good food at the buffet on the Legend but found the food lacking in quality. I stuck mainly with the salad bar. I was hoping for some egg rolls at the Asian buffet but didn't find any. It was a big disappointment.

Breakfast: BAKED BEANS!!!!!!:D:D With a made to order omellete of course.

Lunch: Mongolian Wok EXTRA EXTRA spicy. SO good....

Rest of the day: Anything....Can always find something!!!:D

Their pizza is the best too!!

For breakfast our fav would be an omelette and then some fresh fruit.. for lunch or late night snack we like the deli or Pirates Pizza and some chocolate chip cookies !! Dinner we are usually at the MDR.

My fave from the deli is the turkey wrap, but I ask for some ham on it too !!:D

IMG_2658.jpg

That looks like rice. What is it?

There is a salad I always look for - pineapple, ginger, and apple. I can usually only find it once during a cruise, but just love it.

We are always happy to find the fried shrimp on the first evening, and find most all the fish to be pretty good. If I can't find DH I'll check the pizza station first!

Also a huge fan of the fig pudding with warm vanilla sauce for desert.

There is a salad I always look for - pineapple, ginger, and apple. I can usually only find it once during a cruise, but just love it.

We are always happy to find the fried shrimp on the first evening, and find most all the fish to be pretty good. If I can't find DH I'll check the pizza station first!

Also a huge fan of the fig pudding with warm vanilla sauce for desert.

re the fish on the buffet; I have often had better fish from the buffet than in the main dining room. Not sure why that is, but I am always amazed that the buffet fish/seafood is so good, and coming from east coast Canada, I admit to being a bit of a seafood snob:D

My upcoming cruise in September will be the first time I try American Table menu, and the fig pudding sounds so good to me, so will likely try that one. Is it also available in the buffet?

Edited by SMSACE6

O.k. the last time I was on a ship, back in Feb, it was Prime Rib. Yes, on elegant night, we eat in lido. That was the best Prime Rib I have ever eaten. EVER. Hoping for the same in Sept.

Mongolian BBQ is my every day favorite. Love getting pineapple and stuff from the salad bar to add to the dish also.

Breakfast: BAKED BEANS!!!!!!:D:D With a made to order omellete of course.

Lunch: Mongolian Wok EXTRA EXTRA spicy. SO good....

Rest of the day: Anything....Can always find something!!!:D

Their pizza is the best too!!

The baked beans are really good. I put them on the awful scrambled eggs and it makes them actually good!:eek:

For me I like the French day in the buffet - they have a meat turnover that's nice and flakey, potato gratin (as long as it's hot and fresh it's very good - if not it's dried out), the eggplant casserole, chicken in wine sauce and a great vegetable medley. American day is okay as well if the fried chicken is done nicely (on the Pride in July it was way overdone).

I also find the carvery consistently good with tender, tasty meats.

And to admit to a very unpopular opinion, I also like their "corn bread" that's served on the American day in the buffet. Yes I know it's not real cornbread but it's tasty and I love the cream corn and cheese it's stuffed with.

On the dinner buffet, I love the baked potatoes - always perfectly cooked and big bowls of sour cream, cheese and bacon bits sitting nearby.

Edited by meatloafsfan

Thought you'd say meatloaf!

I was on Sunshine in April and got the most beautiful prime rib in the MDR. Unfortunately, I was getting sick on day 7 of the 8 day trip and had no appetite. Took a few bites but didn't eat much at all. I left the DR before they sang that sad song that makes me cry. (Was sick with no appetite and no energy for 3 weeks then got a 7 day cold.)

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Surprised to see some one post the smoked salmon. I thought Carnival stopped offering this at the buffet. I only find it in the dining room for breakfast. Where am I missing this?

I'm surprised you are surprised about me having smoked salmon on the buffet i may have had it before they stopped. The question is ( WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ITEM ON THE BUFFET)

Is the coffee on the buffet fresh brewed or is that syrup based stuff?

Carnival's lido coffee is brewed from 'basic' beans. There's usually a clear level, look for a full one, it should be the most recently brewed. Middle of the day it'll sit and get burnt.

(We've watched them servicing the machines. DH got into a long conversation with the waiter about them. Interesting what you can learn at 2am.)

FWIW Mom thinks Carnival's brewed coffee is about the same as Princess's syrup stuff. She thinks it ok, but realize that Mom will drink three day old coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app