RCL Liberty Bring Folding Lounge/Zero Gravity Type Chairs for our balcony???

Does anyone know if we can check in two zero gravity beach lounge type chairs to use on our balcony? They'd have to fit sideways, but at least we could enjoy our balcony. Would just have to have our room steward remove the balcony chairs and I'm sure there are others who request an additional chair. Thanks!!!

I guess you technically *could* slap a luggage tag on each...but have you ever tried to check and travel with a folding stroller? Mine always get broken. I would expect that they'd be easily damaged along the way unless you're somehow packing them in a bag or protective case. The airlines and shoreside porters are throwing stuff around all the time...

I really don't know why you want to schlep an additional two chairs? Seems like a lot of work when there are chairs already on the balcony and they are not that uncomfortable! Your room steward will even bring you a footstool if you give him a nice tip.

I would assume you are driving to the port! Regardless of how you are getting to the port, it would still be a lot of work to carry on board. I don't think you could check with your baggage, as previous poster noted, probably would get damaged with all those suitcases. Also would think you would have to sit side-by-side across balcony - not much room on a standard balcony. Using chair and asking for a footstool is a lot easier.

Does anyone know if we can check in two zero gravity beach lounge type chairs to use on our balcony? They'd have to fit sideways, but at least we could enjoy our balcony. Would just have to have our room steward remove the balcony chairs and I'm sure there are others who request an additional chair. Thanks!!!

Seems like way too much effort and risk.

Just use the table and footstools provided.

couldn't be bothered and have to say one of the more strange posts I've seen in quite sometime.....K.O.:D

couldn't be bothered and have to say one of the more strange posts I've seen in quite sometime.....K.O.:D

Haha Well, have you kicked back in a zero gravity chair before? WAY better than sitting in a balcony chair with your legs propped up. :)

I believe I read of someone else doing this and the chairs come in a bag. So, we could tag it. Yes, we'll be driving. I'll check with our agent. I know it sounds like a huge added hassle, but it'd be a lot better to kick back (even though we'd be side by side) and be comfy. It would totally beat sitting in a balcony chair with our feet kicked up. I believe our agent said the aft balconies have smaller balconies or were taken? Can't remember. Thanks for indulging my out-of-ordinary Q. I'll post what I hear from RCL. :)

I believe I read of someone else doing this and the chairs come in a bag. So, we could tag it. Yes, we'll be driving. I'll check with our agent. I know it sounds like a huge added hassle, but it'd be a lot better to kick back (even though we'd be side by side) and be comfy. It would totally beat sitting in a balcony chair with our feet kicked up. I believe our agent said the aft balconies have smaller balconies or were taken? Can't remember. Thanks for indulging my out-of-ordinary Q. I'll post what I hear from RCL. :)

Aft balconies - true aft across the back of the ship - are larger and usually have a chaise lounge.

I could see tagging a chair and leaving with the porters for delivery, however, they really do toss bags around, no different than the airlines, and would not be surprised if a chair would get bent with all those bags. You also might want to check the depth of the balcony to see if you could get two out there. I think it would be difficult on a standard balcony.

Yikes, you just had to post this question didn't you? I googled them and now I want one. :D :D

It would be a big hassle, but they look so comfortable. I would never want to leave my balcony. Curious to hear what they say about them.

Edited by ReneeFLL

All excellent points about the chairs arriving inoperable from all the tossing. I'm going to check with my TA and ask about the aft balconies. If they have a true chaise, I'd be in heaven!

True aft balconies sell out very quickly because of the balconies. There are lots of threads and pictures if you use the search function on this site. Love the aft! Usually a couple of chaise type chairs, plus regular chairs.

Yikes, you just had to post this question didn't you? I googled them and now I want one. :D :D

It would be a big hassle, but they look so comfortable. I would never want to leave my balcony. Curious to hear what they say about them.

Same here!!!! I looked them up too and now I want one!

I am following this to see how it turns out. I doubt we would ever try this, but I do relate to the idea. We have these chairs for our camper and we love them. Maybe RCI should sell them on the Promenade? :)

While these do seem really comfy, I don't see how two would fit on a regular balcony. Also, asking your room steward to remove the standard furniture, find a place to store it and then return it on turn around day is asking a lot.

I can't see bothering to do this for use on the balcony, but it would make sense to bring them for port stops, especially since chairs usually cost $10-$20 on the beach.

I personally don't think it's really worth the hassle, but I don't think it's weird that people would do it, and I'm actually surprised we don't see it more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

WE had a junior sweet below the hot tubs and there were 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs, there was plenty of room for the zero gravity with out being sideways.

OP didn't indicate what type of cabin he had booked. Juniors Suite would have a larger balcony than a regular balcony.

Saw a guy hauling a regular size box fan off the ship on the Liberty this past month. Just not anything I would do. I'm trying to carry as little as possible but I'm never shocked at what others carry. If I could, I'd mail my clothes to the ship so that I could walk up with nothing but my purse.

As a further comment to my post above, if you decide to do this, keep in mind you have a decent walk up sloping ramps and walkways, and you will also have to carry/wheel your hand luggage. Not something most people would want to try.

...but they're zero gravity...:D