Margaritaville coming to Breakaway & Getaway

my3sonsnj

This is SUPER disappointing. UG was one of my favorite spots on Breakaway. I loved the burgers. I'm also disappointed that it'll be a la carte, but I'm still going to check it out on my Nov 13 cruise. I promise to ravage that margarita menu thanks to my UBP [emoji484][emoji484][emoji484] Pics of food and drinks to come!!! (Yes, I'm one of those...)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think there will be several of us on the 13th cruise, standing around UG with our heads bowed and having our own private moment of bereavement! lol

Come join our roll call !!

BTW Margaritaville is now serving free breakfast on the Escape. Buffet style with an omelet station. Nobody knows it, so it's almost empty all morning.

A great step in the right direction! Way to go, NCL, for addressing a need/concern of its customers. Let's hope the same is true on Getaway/Breakaway!

BTW Margaritaville is now serving free breakfast on the Escape. Buffet style with an omelet station. Nobody knows it, so it's almost empty all morning.

Maybe nobody know because they aren't listing in the dailies. Another post just listed the dailies from Escape for last week and I couldn't find a listing for breakfast hours. I think this is a great idea, but if nobody knows it is there they will shut down breakfast as no one is using it!

Just off the Getaway and they were working on the space. We looked in Friday morning and it looked like they had a long way to go- no signage/branding, no tables and chairs, old beverage station still in place. However, a crew member said the "big boss" was coming on board today (Saturday) for the opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If that is true, that would be welcome news, although not a replacement for losing the Flamingo for open air breakfast. Thing is that an OP just disembarking the Getaway reported that the free room service breakfast no longer had the fruit, yoghurt or cereal. Sometimes you just need to get on board to find out what is going on with these things.

Margaritaville serves a buffet breakfast gratis.

Yes, starting Oct 9, 2016 NCL would love you to waste one of your SDP (or UDP) meals at M'ville.

If you have an UDP, you can go to as many restaurants as you want for free. You could start with nachos at Margaritaville, continue with apps at Bistro, entrees at Cagney's an a dessert at Cucina.

Edited by BirdTravels

If the hamburgers look like this on the ships, they look much better than the ones at the buffet or outdoor grill.

Yes, they do look like that at O'Sheean's as well as Margaritavile. It's amazing how much better food presentation is when the cook tries to put just a little effort into it.