Bad IMAX

FtWCarMan

I'm currently in 10296 on the Carnival Vista. Great inside stateroom but with one major problem...the IMAX is right under me. Suicide Squad plays at 730 and again at 1030pm until well after midnight. My walls and bed actually move and rattle from the primarily bass sound. You can physically see the walls of the cabin moving in and out. If you are in bed it almost throws you off and onto the floor. Guest services offered me earplugs but don't realize that is not the problem and they have no other rooms available for the next 10 days of my cruise. I am up at 6am every morning for early tours to Rome Naples..etc. I do not care to stay up until 1am every night. IMAX is great theater but it has ruined my cruise on the Vista.

Thank You for the warning. I would assume, based on your location, your neighbor and the two inside cabins behind you on the starboard side would be experiencing similar issues. Maybe even people below you on the Vista and Verandah decks too. Doesn't hurt to ask folks in cabins on your deck or Guest Services about other complaints.

One thing that's amazing is that the Vista had Suicide Squad in the IMAX on a first run weekend. Not 6 months later.

Thank You for the warning. I would assume, based on your location, your neighbor and the two inside cabins behind you on the starboard side would be experiencing similar issues. Maybe even people below you on the Vista and Verandah decks too. Doesn't hurt to ask folks in cabins on your deck or Guest Services about other complaints.

One thing that's amazing is that the Vista had Suicide Squad in the IMAX on a first run weekend. Not 6 months later.

I think, only think it's because it's a pay to view cinema they are able to show currently showing films. Back in May the were showing Batman Vs Superman.

Looking forward to seeing what they have showing when we are on in October.

Word is the movie is also terrible.

The word is wrong. I thought the movie was very enjoyable and my kids loved it. The plot/pacing can sometimes be a bit off, but the casting could not be more perfect and it makes up for it. If I had the chance to see it again in the Vista's IMAX theater, I most certainly would jump at the chance. Of course, this is my opinion...you are entitled to your own.

I'm currently in 10296 on the Carnival Vista. Great inside stateroom but with one major problem...the IMAX is right under me. Suicide Squad plays at 730 and again at 1030pm until well after midnight. My walls and bed actually move and rattle from the primarily bass sound. You can physically see the walls of the cabin moving in and out. If you are in bed it almost throws you off and onto the floor. Guest services offered me earplugs but don't realize that is not the problem and they have no other rooms available for the next 10 days of my cruise. I am up at 6am every morning for early tours to Rome Naples..etc. I do not care to stay up until 1am every night. IMAX is great theater but it has ruined my cruise on the Vista.
Was this cabin you're in one of the last available or did you choose it? If you selected it then it become a matter of always checking the deck plan above and below you when booking. I know it doesn't help but it's very important to do so to avoid disturbances like these. I can only imagine how bad it is as I'm a very very light sleeper.

Sorry you are having such a terrible cruise.First the french fries and now the IMAX theatre.Or was it the other way around.? Life is just not fair. Honestly your post about the Imax is the first complaint I have read.We were on the June 11th cruise and everything was great.Hope it gets better.

Uh oh, I have cabin 10297 booked for my sailing. Looking forward to more reviews for cabins on the Lido deck.

That's a starboard side balcony butting up to the ouside wall for the Beach pool area, correct?

I would think you would experience little if any disruption from the IMAX, unlike the OP who is inside and directly above the back wall of the IMAX.

But agree that more reviews as time goes would be helpful.

It seems like common sense that they shouldn't play movies that late anyway. The theater is huge so of course its going to affect a lot of the staterooms. They should think about maybe making the last showings of their movies at like 9 or 930.

Yes, I agree. After I complained to guest services they were able to find me another stateroom after a few days so I no longer have the problem. However, they have now scheduled the last showing each day at 11pm which runs past 1am. I went down to the IMAX box office and they said there were only a few people who showed up for the late show times. I think much of the problem has to do with the movie..."Suicide Squad" which has nonstop gun fire and explosions. The sub woofers actually move the walls all around the IMAX. I didn't think I would have a problem on deck 10 with IMAX on deck 7, but it is a huge theater venue that raises up several floors. If being able to fall asleep before 1am is important to you, chose your stateroom careful.

• 11 months later...

Yes those are the worst rooms .

Sorry you are having such a terrible cruise.First the french fries and now the IMAX theatre.Or was it the other way around.? Life is just not fair. Honestly your post about the Imax is the first complaint I have read.We were on the June 11th cruise and everything was great.Hope it gets better.

There are lots of complaints on this matter. On the deck plans there is a star mentioning that rooms 10271-10296 have noise and vibration problems so BEWARE!!!

Edited by riclop

• 3 weeks later...
Ugh......I'm booked in this stateroom in April. Thanks for the heads up, I hope it's not as bad as you described.

As mentioned by another Carnival warns shoppers of the vibration and noise in these cabins. That alone speaks volumes (pun intended.)

Ugh......I'm booked in this stateroom in April. Thanks for the heads up, I hope it's not as bad as you described.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is really bad. I read these posts before I went on the trans-atlantic. I decided to walk by these rooms while a movie was playing ( Jack Reacher in this case ) and I could clearly feel the bass in the hallway. There is no way I could stay in these rooms.

I would move to any other available inside if possible.

I stayed in 10280 on Vista and it was the WORST cabin I have ever stayed in because of the IMAX bass and vibrations until 1AM every night. It was my fault for booking the room and not checking the deck plans more carefully. I warned others about this cabin in one of the sticky posts in this thread about cabins and actually wrote to a popular cruise deck plan website to warn others of these cabins (they put the star on the deck plan). I don't know if the balcony cabins in that area experience the noise...anyone know?

There have been several mentions of IMAX noise penetrating the adjacent inside cabins on Vista. I had a balcony aft towards the Havana section, but when I walked past the IMAX, I commented that the sound didn't penetrate to the outside hall.

Several posters corrected me, saying the inside cabins next to the IMAX as well as other insides on the deck above and possibly below were subjected to noise and vibration from the theater. If Carnival has a disclaimer for these cabins, it would be best to heed it, esp. if you retire early at night.

As mentioned by another[,] Carnival warns shoppers of the vibration and noise in these cabins. That alone speaks volumes (pun intended.)

It isn't Carnival who warns people, but another popular and well-regarded cruise deck plans website that places a warning "star" on their plans to indicate the noise issue.

Carnival is surely aware of the issue and should probably assign those cabins last (if at all), but the best solution would be to have an earlier matinee showing and then one evening showing, starting no later than 9 pm.