CHRISTMAS cruise

jajo

It's wonderful! Isn't it Ellen.:);)

We love the Christmas cruises and escaping all the running around and stress that can come with the holidays.

Yes it was wonderful- We were on the FR for Christmas 2014 and they had all the things already mentioned above.

Do any of the ships during Christmas time do gingerbread house making or crafts with the children...Going on a Christmas cruise with 4 grandchildren...curious as to what there is for them to do Christmas Eve :)

We did our first Christmas cruise last year and absolutely loved it. We brought a pull-up tinsel tree from Publix (grocery store) and put it in the corner of the room At each port we went to, we bought an ornament and hung it on the tree. We had battery operated mini lights which added to the festivities. Of course the ornaments are a great souvenir to remember our great time.

I love all the Christmas decorations that adorn the ship. It looks like Christmas every where you go on the ship and THEN, you go to a tropical port and Santa is playing in the sand (instead of snow) and Xmas trees are now palm trees. Sunny, warm skies are the norm!! Going at this time of year plays havoc on your senses; but it's a great havoc!!! Especially to see the children's faces light up when Santa "finds them on the ship". A very special tradition for all the kids!!

I didn't particularly enjoy Christmas on our cruise. Yes the ship was nicely decorated with a beautiful tree in the dining room and a table in the Windjammer and Schooner bar nicely decorated. There were carols in the centrum Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day Santa came down in the glass lift and all the children received a present. Dinner was nice with crackers. All in all I felt there was no real atmosphere and it was a bit of a let down ( for me). Now New Year, that is a different story.

I am one who will never do another christmas cruise. way way WAY too many LARGE family groups and the number of kids on board was ridiculously high. with so many on board and all with family, the kids clubs were either overwhelmed, or not used cuz they'd rather all run amuck with their cousins.

as a result there was literally NOWHERE outside of our cabin where we could go to relax and just sit /enjoy anything.

the complete OPPOSITE of how I wanted the cruise to go.

I love all the Christmas decorations that adorn the ship. It looks like Christmas every where you go on the ship and THEN, you go to a tropical port and Santa is playing in the sand (instead of snow) and Xmas trees are now palm trees. Sunny, warm skies are the norm!! Going at this time of year plays havoc on your senses; but it's a great havoc!!! Especially to see the children's faces light up when Santa "finds them on the ship". A very special tradition for all the kids!!

Ho does Santa find them???

First time ever doing Xmas and New Year cruise on Grandeur. Taking 4 grandkids (along with their parents lol. I'm not crazy!) but a bit worried that a) grandeur is old and showing her age

And

b) there won't be enough to keep the kids entertained

Anyone who had done this cruise (or even this ship) got any comments ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums