If TA has a group booking can they do a reduced deposit?

mikeysed

Hi - I am interested in booking for 2017 as there is a great deal on some caribbean cruises. I am wondering if a TA can ever do a reduced deposit? is it possible? I know most won't but is it even possible. I am very friendly with my TA and use her for many things and is more of a friends than a TA... but I wanted to ask here first.

Thank you.

PS. Does a group booking (better pricing), change the ability to offer a reduced deposit?

Twice we have booked group pricing with 2 different TAs-in both Cases Celebrity was offering reduced deposits but the reduced deposit didn't apply for group booking.

The deposit is paid directly to Celebrity; so if no reduced deposit is being offered then I think the only way your TA could give you a reduced deposit would be to pay the difference themselves- how good a friend are they:D

For individual bookings, you can go with the current promotion of reduced deposit that Celebrity is offering. BUT - to move your booking into a Group, you must pay the full deposit.

You can wait until it gets closer to the time that you make your final payment if you want. Say you want to pay your final a few days prior to the final payment due date, just call your TA and have her make the final, then move you into the Group at that time IF there is still Group space available. Sometimes it works, sometimes you're too late.

Hi - I am interested in booking for 2017 as there is a great deal on some caribbean cruises. I am wondering if a TA can ever do a reduced deposit? is it possible? I know most won't but is it even possible. I am very friendly with my TA and use her for many things and is more of a friends than a TA... but I wanted to ask here first.

Thank you.

PS. Does a group booking (better pricing), change the ability to offer a reduced deposit?

They can do whatever they want to do, they own the business.:D

Have a follow up to group vs individual bookings.

Individual prices can fluctuate a lot... one day be different, or I guess heck, even 5 hours later can be a different price.

Is that true with group bookings, or is the lowest price negotiated, etc. and as long as there's group space left, that price is valid?

We did a group booking with one of the big online TAs for our upcoming China/Korea cruise. A regular deposit was required even though we are Captain's Club members and usually get a 50% discount on the deposit. Even with the bigger deposit the deal was too good to pass up.

Individual prices can fluctuate a lot... one day be different, or I guess heck, even 5 hours later can be a different price.

Is that true with group bookings, or is the lowest price negotiated, etc. and as long as there's group space left, that price is valid?

Group booking prices can fluctuate, but not nearly to the extent that direct pricing can. We book group prices 90% of the time which allows us to structure more what we want...and to see what the "free" perks really cost.

But we always pay the full deposit amount, which is a non-issue for us.

If Celebrity is offering reduced deposit, I can do that on individual reservations, but not as part of a group booking.

Which makes sense to a degree, since group bookings are eligible for additional benefits that don't apply to individual bookings.

My understanding (having been part of a group numerous times) is that for groups, prices are locked in for a period of time. That protects potential group members in case the price goes up, though they probably won't benefit if the price goes down. Sometimes though, a cruise line WILL allow the group members to get a reduced price if that happens; it just depends on the situation.