Escape to sail from NYC in 2018???

shipfriend_max

I also think this is just sesonal although I have no facts about that remark. The Breakway is NYC driven with Rock of Ages and Sabrett stands and what not. In time we will all know the deal!! Either way I'm excited! I want to take the repositioning of Escape from Miami to NYC!

2018 -2019 deployment schedule is out. Breakaway will cruise out of Copenhagen in the summer, while the Gem and Escape cruise out of NYC. Then both the Escape and the Breakaway will cruise out of NYC in the winter. The Gem will move to NOLA for the winter. Getaway will do Caribbean all year, alternating east and west.

Personally, I'm a bit reluctant to on a cruise ship with the statue of liberty on the bow in Europe right now. Cruise port aren't as secure as airports. So, I think I'll reserve Baltic capitals on the Getaway before the Breakaway starts that itinerary.

With Escape staying in NYC indefinitely after Spring 2018, is it likely Bliss will take its place out of Miami for the Winter 2018-19 season? Getaway stops alternating East-West and goes back to West full-time as of late November 2018 so something else would need to cover the East itinerary.

There also remains the possibility that the Escape and Breakaway just swap home ports and Gem stays in NYC. It could also be possible that the Gem does Bermuda and the Escape would then do FL/Bahamas and Canada/NE in summer/fall 2018. It will be some time before NCL release summer 2018 itineraries. I don't think they have fully completed the winter 2017/spring 2018 deployments yet :eek:

They wouldn't put a smaller ship doing Bermuda .

That's because Bermuda is far nicer than the Caribbean ports .

Really, I've never been to Bermuda yet. Can you only get there from NY? I can only sail in cold winter months really don't want to waste any sailing days in the cold.

Really, I've never been to Bermuda yet. Can you only get there from NY? I can only sail in cold winter months really don't want to waste any sailing days in the cold.

Carnival sails from Ft. Lauderdale to Bermuda in October. Is that late enough?

With Escape staying in NYC indefinitely after Spring 2018, is it likely Bliss will take its place out of Miami for the Winter 2018-19 season? Getaway stops alternating East-West and goes back to West full-time as of late November 2018 so something else would need to cover the East itinerary.

I'm hoping this will be the case. It would seem strange to only have one mega-ship sailing out of Miami in the winter. I know Epic is up in Port Canaveral, but if I can avoid flying into Orlando, I will.