Amazing EZ Air

hpeabody

This is my first time using EZ Air. I have been looking at EA Air and had a booking for several months. I often check what the fares are doing. I am flying From LAX to Buenos Aires/EZE next February. The booking I had on UA, was $594, very good I think. It was initially $866 and hovers around $693. Today I was blown away. I see Delta for $393.19 with decent times. I looked it up on the Delta website and the economy fare is $3,339.90.

The downside was trying to get it changed. I struggled with the Princess website that kept giving me an error message about an itinerary change that was not in their system (Related to my United booking) and I could not proceed. I tried everything I knew to do, cache, different browser, etc. I had to call Princess twice and the hold times were horrible. Then I spent at least a half hour with their website dept and he finally had to call their air dept to get the error/itinerary change resolved. He attempted to book the new Delta air, but he could not find it. He was obviously a rookie at anything to do with airlines, which gave me a very uneasy feeling. I told him I see it, I will just go ahead and do it. Phewwwwwww, I was able to do it, but it was so frustrating.

I'm very nervous being with Delta due to all the horror stories. Seats have been selected and all looks good on the Delta website as of right now. I intend to make final payment and get air ticketed in the next couple weeks.

August 23rd is the traditional day that Airlines begin rock bottom fare pricing to fill up seats for flights during the off season. This has become something of a tradition in the past few years. More airline seats are sold on this day than any other day I think. Multiple airlines use this same day to begin big discounts on flights that have significant availability. Delta is a one of the main ones, but there are plenty of others.

I looked at various fares this morning for flights we are already booked on, and in most cases there were cheaper fares available, except for our September trip down to Los Angeles.

So yes, right now is a good time to lock in your airfare - either with EZ air or on your own. I could have saved some money by waiting until today to book air, but I just couldn't wait - I wanted the security of knowing I was on the flights I wanted. It is mostly off peak times and dates that are discounted the most.

Don

This is my first time using EZ Air. I have been looking at EA Air and had a booking for several months. I often check what the fares are doing. I am flying From LAX to Buenos Aires/EZE next February. The booking I had on UA, was $594, very good I think. It was initially $866 and hovers around $693. Today I was blown away. I see Delta for $393.19 with decent times. I looked it up on the Delta website and the economy fare is $3,339.90.

The downside was trying to get it changed. I struggled with the Princess website that kept giving me an error message about an itinerary change that was not in their system (Related to my United booking) and I could not proceed. I tried everything I knew to do, cache, different browser, etc. I had to call Princess twice and the hold times were horrible. Then I spent at least a half hour with their website dept and he finally had to call their air dept to get the error/itinerary change resolved. He attempted to book the new Delta air, but he could not find it. He was obviously a rookie at anything to do with airlines, which gave me a very uneasy feeling. I told him I see it, I will just go ahead and do it. Phewwwwwww, I was able to do it, but it was so frustrating.

I'm very nervous being with Delta due to all the horror stories. Seats have been selected and all looks good on the Delta website as of right now. I intend to make final payment and get air ticketed in the next couple weeks.

Just make sure you keep an eye on your fare/seats/flights and watch for changes.

Just make sure you keep an eye on your fare/seats/flights and watch for changes.

Definitely! We booked a great fare with Delta from Sacramento to Seattle and then to Fairbanks, AK. It was a total of 7 hours including the layover in Seattle and we were going to get into Fairbanks at 2:00 PM. All of a sudden Delta cancelled the flight and switched us to a different itinerary: Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St. Paul and then to Fairbanks. 18 hours. No...freaking...way!!!

It took more than an hour on the phone to get a different flight and we were going to get into Fairbanks at 1:00 AM on the next day. Not great but still better than the idiotic cross country flight. A few weeks later Delta reinstated our original flight and I was able to get it booked again but I checked every day for the next couple of months to make sure things stayed the same.

August 23rd is the traditional day that Airlines begin rock bottom fare pricing to fill up seats for flights during the off season. This has become something of a tradition in the past few years. More airline seats are sold on this day than any other day I think. Multiple airlines use this same day to begin big discounts on flights that have significant availability. Delta is a one of the main ones, but there are plenty of others.

I looked at various fares this morning for flights we are already booked on, and in most cases there were cheaper fares available, except for our September trip down to Los Angeles.

So yes, right now is a good time to lock in your airfare - either with EZ air or on your own. I could have saved some money by waiting until today to book air, but I just couldn't wait - I wanted the security of knowing I was on the flights I wanted. It is mostly off peak times and dates that are discounted the most.

Don

Wow that's good to know thank you.

Tony

Definitely! We booked a great fare with Delta from Sacramento to Seattle and then to Fairbanks, AK. It was a total of 7 hours including the layover in Seattle and we were going to get into Fairbanks at 2:00 PM. All of a sudden Delta cancelled the flight and switched us to a different itinerary: Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St. Paul and then to Fairbanks. 18 hours. No...freaking...way!!!

It took more than an hour on the phone to get a different flight and we were going to get into Fairbanks at 1:00 AM on the next day. Not great but still better than the idiotic cross country flight. A few weeks later Delta reinstated our original flight and I was able to get it booked again but I checked every day for the next couple of months to make sure things stayed the same.

What a nightmare. I know how you feel. I have been jacked around with itinerary changes many times. They really don't notify you. When you log into your account you see they changed or cancelled flights

What I wonder about is when you check your EZ air flights and you get a message saying you have to call. I did this once already since I booked it and Princess hit a few buttons and said ok, there was a slight change. That's why you couldn't get in. I checked thinking a flight number changed or time by 5 minutes. Saw no change. Now I can't get in again. So anybody else have to call Princess every few weeks to ck flights? :confused:

What I wonder about is when you check your EZ air flights and you get a message saying you have to call. I did this once already since I booked it and Princess hit a few buttons and said ok, there was a slight change. That's why you couldn't get in. I checked thinking a flight number changed or time by 5 minutes. Saw no change. Now I can't get in again. So anybody else have to call Princess every few weeks to ck flights? :confused:

I was told there was a 10 minute schedule change in the original United booking I had. Until this is resolved (By calling Princess) one can not proceed to any other actions related to the EZ Air booking. I had looked at the UA website and they matched, so I have no idea what exactly happened. I suspect perhaps something differed from an older schedule that was in Princess' system.

I was told there was a 10 minute schedule change in the original United booking I had. Until this is resolved (By calling Princess) one can not proceed to any other actions related to the EZ Air booking.

This has been our experience too. Sometimes the reason the air can't be accessed is very minor (a 5 minute time change in schedule); sometimes it's as major as a change in airlines involving about $100 in additional baggage charges.

I do know the airlines adjust their schedules every quarter. If they need to move the schedule forward or backward; depending on demand they will; they will also adjust the size load. If they have more bookings for a certain flight; they will change the equipment; either a larger or small aircraft, depending on load factor. What this means, anytime this happens your trip will change, and the airlines give you an option. If the scheduled flight has changed by more than 30 min either way; you have the option to change flights, or they will automatically change your flight; if you don't like their option you have to decide to look for another flight.

We are booked on EZAir for our December trip. Will be keeping a close eye on it. We have had two minor changes already.

On our last trip, booked through the airline, they changed our return flight from 1pm to 8am and the ship was scheduled to arrive around 7am. Had to argue with them about changing to another flight and not pay the rebooking fees. Fortunately we got it done and it didn't cost us anything extra. Can't expect that kind of luck very often.

I booked EZ air for Sydney. My Australia/NZ cruise is March 31st. When I first checked, fares were restricted, pricing not bad but pay right away.

This week fares moved to flexible and exactly what I wanted, Milwaukee to Dallas then direct to Sydney, same for the return. Dallas to Sydney is 17 hours, double for me flying to Europe so the $1,400. price didn't surprise me.

I have friends who go to Sydney regularly. They told me to watch for this flight as they really like Qantas. Living in Wisconsin, I did not want to change planes more than once if possible.

How far in advance did you book your flight? My cruise is next July and EZ just became available for me to book.

General Rule is:

By law, airlines can book flights for travel up to 330 days in advance. Quick, what date is 330 days from now? I don't know anyone who can answer this, but an easy way to remember is that it is one week short of 11 months from now. (Or you can count back five weeks, then jump ahead one year.) Also, most booking engine software won't allow you select a date 331 days from now, so even if you try a few days early, it will quickly become apparent when booking becomes available: if you use the calendar applications, dates beyond the 330 limit are grayed out and not clickable.

And that includes the return date at 330 days.

And since I am a nervous Nelly I have tickets for my June 15 2017 flight.

Edited by Glitch@Sea

Glad to know it went well.

General Rule is:

By law, airlines can book flights for travel up to 330 days in advance. Quick, what date is 330 days from now? I don't know anyone who can answer this, but an easy way to remember is that it is one week short of 11 months from now. (Or you can count back five weeks, then jump ahead one year.) Also, most booking engine software won't allow you select a date 331 days from now, so even if you try a few days early, it will quickly become apparent when booking becomes available: if you use the calendar applications, dates beyond the 330 limit are grayed out and not clickable.

And that includes the return date at 330 days.

And since I am a nervous Nelly I have tickets for my June 15 2017 flight.

I am waiting a little longer to see if prices fluctuate