96 hours "Live" Part Deux, Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2016

I'm back. Kind of a dreary morning. Got to turn clocks back an hour last night. In the concierge lounge good signal, but I'm on the Surf pkg. Probably can't Scope. I lost cell signal seconds after my scope yesterday.

Meet and Mingle at 10. We plan on going. Gotta run

In the concierge lounge good signal, but I'm on the Surf pkg. Probably can't Scope. I lost cell signal seconds after my scope yesterday.

Try it anyway - previous reports had really good upload speeds (what you need to scope) on Freedom even on SURF.

Horrible connection on our balcony. Will try speed test soon. Windjammer bar had a good connection as did the CL.

That's too bad (for us) John, I would expect the balcony is where you would like to do most of your posting. How is the connection inside the stateroom?

Ahoy lovetocruisee

Nov 4th will prove to be an interesting day/night at Port Canaveral.

The Majesty returns to Port Canaveral on Friday, Nov 4th.......Leaving at 4pm that day.

The Oasis takes her last sailing on Oct 29th from Fort Lauderdale for 6 nights returning on Nov 4th.

Supposedly, the Oasis will also be making her way to Port Canaveral on Nov 4th for her first sailing on Sat, Nov 5th........

Port Canaveral cruise line ship schedule is not showing Novembers, 2016 ship schedule.

Hopefully, someone will have more information as to the arrival of the Oasis and to which terminal the Freedom and the Majesty will return to...

We will be watching the Port Canaveral webcam on Nov 4th.... as well as eating at Fishlips and watching the ships sail away around dinner time.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

D&B

That is something I want to find out. I'm pretty sure Freedom is going back to 5 or 6 though

I'm back. Kind of a dreary morning. Got to turn clocks back an hour last night. In the concierge lounge good signal, but I'm on the Surf pkg. Probably can't Scope. I lost cell signal seconds after my scope yesterday.

Meet and Mingle at 10. We plan on going. Gotta run

Have fun on the ship and thanks for letting us use your condo while you're cruising!!:eek: Following along, so we'll know when to escape!!:p

John, Looking forward to the review. I board Freedom on September 25 for three weeks. Curious whether Xavier or Sanjay will be the Hotel Director during that period.

Met Sanjay last night in CL, he will be on till Oct 23

Edited by John&LaLa

I've been mentioning to folks who are D+, to use their first coupon on day 2 (like you will) and then buy the remaining days package on day 4, which should be $39, the value of you second coupon - basically giving you free internet for almost the whole cruise.

I may pay the extra 8 bucks and get Stream tomorrow. :D

I seem to remember the hallway door to those cabins right by 1890 slamming a bit - hopefully not too bothersome.

That door is wicked, but great to get a blast of cool air when you are headed back from pool.

Our balcony is really noisy from the wind. It may be a design flaw. Noise from sundeck above isn't to bad. I will add some comments on the cabin in general soon

Were you able to get a lounge chair for your balcony? How are the seas?

Have a great day.

No chance on lounger, balcony to small. Our attendant did get us a foot stool. Plus the chairs recline, so all is good

Good connection in cabin, but speestest say ping of 194, download .50 and upload .10

Surf was 19.99 a day and Stream was 27.99.

you make me feel better I bought the internet package online. I thought with my D+ discount I would not have broken even. Hope the weather I improves.

Good connection in cabin, but speestest say ping of 194, download .50 and upload .10

Surf was 19.99 a day and Stream was 27.99.

John, are these the prices if you just buy a single device package for one 24-hour period?

On other ships, people are reporting $13 per day for surf and $18 per day for stream for one device, but these prices are if you buy for the entire cruise.

She spoke to me.

Woke up at 4:40, walked outside and there she was. Grabbed camera, put big lens on, adjusted the settings, and voila.

5cbd2a16c2fbbf124147d987868c0be7.jpg

She's about 5 miles south of the port entrance.

Not totally clear, longer exposure than ideal.

5a9f8e46ce090052be8047989621e07d.jpg

Back to bed, not quite 5am

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nice!

Ahoy lovetocruisee

Nov 4th will prove to be an interesting day/night at Port Canaveral.

The Majesty returns to Port Canaveral on Friday, Nov 4th.......Leaving at 4pm that day.

The Oasis takes her last sailing on Oct 29th from Fort Lauderdale for 6 nights returning on Nov 4th.

Supposedly, the Oasis will also be making her way to Port Canaveral on Nov 4th for her first sailing on Sat, Nov 5th........

Port Canaveral cruise line ship schedule is not showing Novembers, 2016 ship schedule.

Hopefully, someone will have more information as to the arrival of the Oasis and to which terminal the Freedom and the Majesty will return to...

We will be watching the Port Canaveral webcam on Nov 4th.... as well as eating at Fishlips and watching the ships sail away around dinner time.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

D&B

I have fairly "new" newbys with me on that cruise. I hope it's not a fiasco.. :(