96 hours "Live" Part Deux, Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2016

Did you and Laura stay in the port area in Costa Maya. We went to a beach bar in Mahajual.planning my next adventure there....what is there besides shopping and the pool?

Laura didn't get off boat. I wandered around the port for an hour, watched aerial show. Then back to ship and spent afternoon at solarium pool

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Are there internet coupons for Emerald??

Debating if I should book it ahead. We are on the first 8 day sailing.

At Sea, then Labadee. So first two days no contact. (or maybe a minutes package)

Then San Juan (free)

St. Maarten then St.Kitts. Hopefully can find wifi on the islands

Then two more sea days. Maybe I will just buy it the last couple days. If I remember right from the Navigator this spring, they ran different kinds of packages for a couple days during the cruise. Can you keep those offers and share them when you post the compass??

The discounted pkg finally hit my coupon value with three days left. So we actually ended up with 5 free days. I did have to pay the $8 to stream during my second 24 hour coupon

I've been having some trouble lately watching with Firefox. I get a message that says "connected", but no video. However, when I tried IE, it worked fine.

Thanks agan, Bob. I did not get to try it today. Being in FL, I was too busy watching the reports on Hermine and the SpaceX explosion while squinting at my phone. I will remember to use IE when I do get to tryng it.

John, thanks for taking the time from your cruiseto do this review. Hope Bella sends you some pictures soon! Speaking of pictures, that was a beautiful one of you and Laura.

Edited by perfect match

Quick PSA. These to well clips are the bomb. You can get them at CVS in Cocoa Beach.

be81a40aa0832aa2644f99db8b8df675.jpg

For those that are interested, I know our Bed, Bath and Beyond sell these too. I think they run about $6 per set of 2. My friend that's on your sailing bought them about 2 weeks before sailing.

Erika

More random thoughts. The Diamond water gift is 4 bottles of Ice River Springs. The bottles are quite flimsy and don't want to stand upright. It also has a slight chemical taste.

834154ef22b20d3eccd6ae7a8186ed44.jpg

740edc679b13c33642115008946bea21.jpg

For those that are interested, I know our Bed, Bath and Beyond sell these too. I think they run about $6 per set of 2. My friend that's on your sailing bought them about 2 weeks before sailing.

Erika

Yes, Bed Bath and Beyond has them up by the cashier's. We actually got ours with Kohl's Cash as I recall.

Starting to see them more often on the ship. They used to be fairly unique

Erika

Search "Boca Clips"" on Amazon.com. Just found me some Finding Nemo, Parrots, and Tropical Fish ones. :)

Pink Flamingos are fun

I have those pink flamingos, whales, and parrots or fish...I bought some for friends at Big Lots last summer. I think my others were from Bed, Bath and Beyond or Kohl's.

Heard from friends onboard Liberty, they're having a major gastro outbreak this week....b2bers may have to stay off 2/3 hours do they can disinfect the ship.:eek:

Bottled water.....John and I only received two bottles, but did get two nice bottles of very pricey champagne from somewhere...along with out two Bud lights, moscato, and two bottles of Chandon champagne an chocolate covered strawberries. Asked Julia a couple of times where our almonds were....finally got two bags of cookies, but still no almonds.:(

Have fun the rest of your cruise! I'm packed and ready to go Sunday morning, but having both grandchildren here tonight for sleepover. See y'all 10/16!:D

Someone said they ran into Mario onboard, but he wasn't mentioned at top tier party, so I'm sceptical

I don't think Mario is on....he will be on several months when Freedom goes to Ft Lauderdale. He would be at the top tier party as top cruiser if he were on.;) He's on Oasis for Thanksgiving....we were invited, but I cook.

Edited by cruising grandma

We got the combo bag of cookies and almonds along with our two bottles of Corona. We only get two wine gifts, so we got our White Zin. Drinking it as I type.

Laura is off getting her hair put up. We are doing B&W portrait in the studio at 5.

Have run into Rodrigo a couple of times. Once in CL and twice in WJ. Here is Laura and Julia.

e82d620c692e7ba9ecd12cdad5859b0e.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

For those interested, I have not seen a 10 drink punch card yet. To late to buy one in my opinion. Also no tally of the C&A tiers. I'll try and ask Julia tonight. Also no word back on the pricing for our solo cabins on the Explorer TP in 2018. :(

Still in Solarium. Have met a lot of fun people. Let me see what pics I can share.

Here is the lovely Laura and I

83b2d7312ad6bec4739ea96b38f2e726.jpg

Roatan, Honduras

defb83690ae112fbcdf328f81065ddfb.jpg

Monkey LaLa bar. Nice name, don't you think.

2c1f9d4ce25d79f6e9ef2b8986f84ae9.jpg

d451e09211429f8f932141d2ae4729d5.jpg

We brought this on, paired well with rack of lamb

8ca5cae352ffe8fba8e7dde33b7a39f8.jpg

Our table mates were on shore time, not ship time. This is how they feed you when you arrive an hour late.

2984bb11f23346b9d33f79e2305dc21c.jpg

Great Picture of you and Laura!