96 hours "Live" Part Deux, Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2016

Wish y'all had been with us last week! We had beautiful sunny days, since captain changed our eastern itinerary to Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Hope you have better weather soon!

Tell Julia, Rahul and Bertie, "Hi!"

Will do, Heidi is the star of the CL. Had breakfast with Julia

FYI, 1890 has a speaker on the balcony. :(

:eek::eek::eek: A speaker on the balcony definitely would be something that would be annoying!

I just checked and there are several other cabins still available on the same deck in the same category so I am going to switch them to one of the others based on your recommendation. I was thinking of either 1878 or 1890. Do you have any issues with the door located outside of you cabin banging and disturbing you when you are in your cabin? Would you recommend the cabin you are in now or the one six down from you that still has the balcony but is the last balcony before the ones with the panoramic windows?

FYI, 1890 has a speaker on the balcony. :(

That speaker on the balcony would be enoughto turn me off of 1890. John mentioned in his scope earlier that Laura's nap kept getting interrupted! :eek:

John, does the cabin directly opposite yours have a speaker as well? I wonder who thought that speaker was a good idea. :confused: The locaton and the cabin itself look wonderful!

Sorry your weather in GC was so gloomy today. I really enjoy that island, mostly because of the great diving! Hope the weather is better for the rest of your cruise.

:eek::eek::eek: A speaker on the balcony definitely would be something that would be annoying!

I just checked and there are several other cabins still available on the same deck in the same category so I am going to switch them to one of the others based on your recommendation. I was thinking of either 1878 or 1890. Do you have any issues with the door located outside of you cabin banging and disturbing you when you are in your cabin? Would you recommend the cabin you are in now or the one six down from you that still has the balcony but is the last balcony before the ones with the panoramic windows?

Neither door nor deck above are any issue so far. FWIW, the door to sundeck often doesn't close all the way most of the time.

Here is the speaker.

24279a48223fbba7486e191c1d34108f.jpg

And this is the maintenance bucket, so maybe one further down the hall is better.

32dc3f4399b80371c6863b14dbf653b1.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Following... thanks for the live review...

Trying to figure out the Periscope thing.... on my PC now but it seem to only support mobile devices? I'll keep looking... may have just found a download for a PC....

You can watch the scopes by going to www.periscope.tv/<username>, but you cannot send messages to the scoper using the PC.

At least they have taken steps to camouflage the scrubber. When we were on Navigator and in port with Freedom this past spring the thing looked like a giant still on the side of the funnel with ladders all over the place. It reminded me of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Neither door nor deck above are any issue so far. FWIW, the door to sundeck often doesn't close all the way most of the time.

Here is the speaker.

24279a48223fbba7486e191c1d34108f.jpg

And this is the maintenance bucket, so maybe one further down the hall is better.

32dc3f4399b80371c6863b14dbf653b1.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

After seeing the photo of the speaker and the maintenance bucket (I was worried about seeing that bucket parked beside the cabin when we were on the Freedom this past March), I have decided to request the change for my in-laws to cabin 1878. I am awaiting a call back to confirm that it is done. Thanks for the info and especially the photos. Now, bet back to enjoying your trip and keep the review and photos coming.

Thanks for the info, Bob. I thought there was a way to watch scopes without squinting at my iPhone screen. I'll have to give it a try.

I've been having some trouble lately watching with Firefox. I get a message that says "connected", but no video. However, when I tried IE, it worked fine.