Has anyone paid/arranged PINNACLE room service?

fann1sh

Each of the three of us have conflicting needs for meals for our upcoming 7 day Vancouver round trip.

My elderly Dad can refuse to get out of his chair to go to dinner if he's tired. My sister is "allergic" to upscale table service. I'm a donkey who hhhatesss buffets.

Both Dad and Sis would rather have a large hunk of barely cook beef than anything else. I'm allergic to beef (no, this time I really mean allergic).

I know the Pinnacle large hunks of barely cooked beef are the best available aboard.

I wish I could have lobster tail and creme caramel, but those don't seem to be Pinnacle options any more. But one Pinnacle dinner served in our cabin could go a long way to keeping the peace. I'm happy to pay the cost, just don't want the grief of *dragging them there*. If it makes any difference, we'll have the assistance of the Neptune concierges this voyage.

Edited by fann1sh

This is an interesting question. I have never heard of this happening, but if anyone could arrange it I would bet it is the Neptune concierges. Our last 5 cruises have been Neptune suites and I don't think I could go back. They seem to be able to do anything (even letting us keep a DVD on the last night of the cruise when the front office insisted it must be returned immediately for inventory). Assuming that you are willing to pay the cover charge, and explain about your father I wouldn't be surprised if they could make it happen for you. Probably not served course by course, but all at once perhaps? I will be curious to hear other's opinions.

Edited by zgscl

This is an interesting question. I have never heard of this happening, but if anyone could arrange it I would bet it is the Neptune concierges. Our last 5 cruises have been Neptune suites and I don't think I could go back. They seem to be able to do anything (even letting us keep a DVD on the last night of the cruise when the front office insisted it must be returned immediately for inventory). Assuming that you are willing to pay the cover charge, and explain about your father I wouldn't be surprised if they could make it happen for you. Probably not served course by course, but all at once perhaps? I will be curious to hear other's opinions.

Good luck. We have been trying for years to no avail.

Pinnacle Grill Room Service is under discussion by HAL according to one of our Culinary Operations Managers. At issue is the lack of covers for the dishes that would keep the food hot.

A large Ziploc bag might be possible to encase a 36-oz President's cut steak that that your sister cannot finish in the Pinnacle Grill. Utensils and plate can be positioned in your stateroom for your return.

Lobster tail IS available in the Pinnacle Grill. Here is the menu from May 2016:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/PG-Dinner.pdf

Edited by Crew News

Years ago there was a woman who posted on this site and another site and sailed on the S and R class ships in the PS. She hosted many dinner parties in her cabin -- all food came from the Pinnacle.

Now that HAL has more Vista, Signature and Pinnacle class ships with more people eating there, it is impossible for the Pinnacle Grill to cook and serve dinners in any cabins -- especially with all the cutbacks in staff.

We mainly stay in the PS and asked one time if we could have dinner in the cabin -- nope.

Don't know about Pinnacle room service but we aren't enamored with Pinnacle anyway. But we do room service now for Gala nights almost always. Lobster delivered hot and absolutely perfectly cooked. Tenderloin always great also and cooked perfectly. Great Creme Brulee(spelling?). You could order surf and turf and you take the lobster and let him take the steak and sister can order whatever she wants from dinner menu. This might be a good compromise for all. We love being able order anything on MDR menu in evenings when don't want do lido or a 2 hour MDR meal.

Jane

I wish I could have lobster tail and creme caramel, but those don't seem to be Pinnacle options any more. But one Pinnacle dinner served in our cabin could go a long way to keeping the peace. I'm happy to pay the cost, just don't want the grief of *dragging them there*. If it makes any difference, we'll have the assistance of the Neptune concierges this voyage.

I think you mentioned that your dad sometimes uses a wheelchair, in some thread, some place.... if I'm confusing you with someone else, my apologies!

It has been our experience that the concierges will do everything they can to help us out. I think it would be worth asking them if this might be possible. If they aren't able to arrange it, try asking the PG manager. You have nothing to lose by asking, and lots to gain (peace in the family and large hunks of undercooked beef :D )

Thanks all, and most recently Venn Diagram.

Dad uses a cane by choice, a walker for longer distances, and a wheelchair when my sister and I *bully him into it*. Example: embarkation day will be a wheelchair day; and even he reluctantly agrees with this.

Thanks for the suggestions to simply ask, politely. Makes sense.

I'm so glad to see lobster tail on one menu for an additional supplement, and lemon brulee tarte as a dessert option.

Edited by fann1sh

Years ago there was a woman who posted on this site and another site and sailed on the S and R class ships in the PS. She hosted many dinner parties in her cabin -- all food came from the Pinnacle.

Now that HAL has more Vista, Signature and Pinnacle class ships with more people eating there, it is impossible for the Pinnacle Grill to cook and serve dinners in any cabins -- especially with all the cutbacks in staff.

We mainly stay in the PS and asked one time if we could have dinner in the cabin -- nope.

/

I'm guesseing you mean Mary Ann?

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks all, and most recently Venn Diagram.

Dad uses a cane by choice, a walker for longer distances, and a wheelchair when my sister and I *bully him into it*. Example: embarkation day will be a wheelchair day; and even he reluctantly agrees with this.

Thanks for the suggestions to simply ask, politely. Makes sense.

I'm so glad to see lobster tail on one menu for an additional supplement, and lemon brulee tarte as a dessert option.

Thanks for the mobility aid explanation. :) He is also quite elderly, right? I suspect that the concierges will quickly clue in, and do everything they can to help you meet the needs of your family. :) Or the PG Mgr will. It may be impossible, but it may be possible. You will soon find out :)

I feel like I'm having a senior moment, but if I remember correctly, on our last cruise on Eurodam, there was an option posted on the dining options on the tv that you could have Pinnacle Grill room service.

It did not include all the courses, I think only a main entree and a dessert. There was a charge, sorry I don't remember how much. And something about Neptune Suites not having to pay.

So, was I dreaming this or does anyone else remember seeing something like this on their cruise.

Thanks for the mobility aid explanation. :) He is also quite elderly, right? I suspect that the concierges will quickly clue in, and do everything they can to help you meet the needs of your family. :) Or the PG Mgr will. It may be impossible, but it may be possible. You will soon find out :)

Dad is far enough into ninetysomething that his original goal of making the century mark? Now seems to him too modest. :)

My guess is the concierges will figure he's a healthy 80.

Edited by fann1sh

I feel like I'm having a senior moment, but if I remember correctly, on our last cruise on Eurodam, there was an option posted on the dining options on the tv that you could have Pinnacle Grill room service.

It did not include all the courses, I think only a main entree and a dessert. There was a charge, sorry I don't remember how much. And something about Neptune Suites not having to pay.

So, was I dreaming this or does anyone else remember seeing something like this on their cruise.

Haven't been on a ship with an interactive TV, but the service would make sense. I've been thinking about it and in a way, why can't it be ordered and room service picks it up? Don't know if it is or not, but it makes sense.

Your option sounds great. Haven't seen it on any ship I have been on since they don't have interactive TV's (yet) but it sounds like a nice option.

Edited to say -of course you would pay for it ;). We eat there for the ambiance, but I understand the OP's predicament and this is a nice solution ;)

Great help for the OP:)

Edited by kazu