Aqusclass Changes

cheryl20772

They always take stuff away on never seem to add anything new. We have sailed in aquaclass several times now and can't help noting changes. We're on Summit running in front of tropical storm Hermine and due in Boston tomorrow morning.

Tonight I asked the cabin steward if we could have more bottled water in our room and he says it's just for the first day now.

Last night when we arrived at Blu for dinner we were offered a group table instead of our usual table for 2. We could have the 2 top but would have to wait.

Boarding was messed up because the ship was departing at 2 PM to stay in front of the storm. That said, we were sent to the Elite boarding line instead of Aquaclass and Aquaclass was definitely more expedited.

Related:

When we went to the Captain's Club Elite and above cocktail hour tonight in Revelations we showed our card at the door as usual,but when a server brought our cosmopolitan and our Vodka martini, he asked for our coupons. Neither of us knew what he was talking about and he took our room number. There were no coupons in our room for that event and the Celebrity Today said that there wouldn't be any separate invitation. We didn't I feel very welcome after that and left.

They always take stuff away on never seem to add anything new. We have sailed in aquaclass several times now and can't help noting changes. We're on Summit running in front of tropical storm Hermine and due in Boston tomorrow morning.

Tonight I asked the cabin steward if we could have more bottled water in our room and he says it's just for the first day now.

Last night when we arrived at Blu for dinner we were offered a group table instead of our usual table for 2. We could have the 2 top but would have to wait.

Boarding was messed up because the ship was departing at 2 PM to stay in front of the storm. That said, we were sent to the Elite boarding line instead of Aquaclass and Aquaclass was definitely more expedited.

Related:

When we went to the Captain's Club Elite and above cocktail hour tonight in Revelations we showed our card at the door as usual,but when a server brought our cosmopolitan and our Vodka martini, he asked for our coupons. Neither of us knew what he was talking about and he took our room number. There were no coupons in our room for that event and the Celebrity Today said that there wouldn't be any separate invitation. We didn't I feel very welcome after that and left.

The Blu water policy was changed several months ago, numerous threads on these boards at the time.

Related:

Have you spoken to the CC Hostess/Host?

There are a lot of people who prefer dining with others so I wouldnt have a problem being asked if I wanted to share a table. We have sailed Aqua many times and on some occasions have had to wait for a table- I never thought a thing about it.

I don't see how most of these things represent policy changes and therefore downgrades. If any shipboard restaurant has no open 2-tops, I would hope they would offer me the option to share right away or wait. Since boarding was messed up by the storm, you can hardly judge your experience as the new normal. Can't speak to the drinks issue because we don't do cocktails -- but I do think Celebrity wants everybody to upgrade to the Premium Beverage package, so maybe that one is a reflection of stuff taken away [as well as the water issue, which has caused much levity over 'dying of thirst in Aquaclass']

There are a lot of people who prefer dining with others so I wouldnt have a problem being asked if I wanted to share a table. We have sailed Aqua many times and on some occasions have had to wait for a table- I never thought a thing about it.

I don't have a 'problem' with it, but in the past we would see a couple of unused group tables that we were never offered when having to wait to be seated. Now it looks like there are more group tables and they are being offered. That's definitely a change.

We told the young woman at the Revelations door about the requested ticket that we didn't know anything about. She wrote our room number down too. Tonight when we got badh from dinner we got our tickets in an envelope on our door. There were 5 for the earlier event. 5 for each of the next two nights and 6 for the following.

I fail to see a problem in the points posted.

The water policy changed many many months ago. And with the beverage packages widely offered as a perk I will not get upset about it.

You want a table for two, you´ll get it - just wait for it, no problem.

The coupons for the social hour were invented as a benefit for guest. Since the number of Elites and above was so great and people complained about an overfilled lounge and not having enough time to get free drinks (:rolleyes:) coupons were given instead - with the choice to have the free drink at any bar.

People, you are on vacation... stop searching for the hair in the soup and just enjoy the good life!

Edited by Miaminice

When you went to Revelations did it seem the "same" as the usual Elite cocktail hour - in other words, staff at the door to greet you, the special cocktail menu on the tables, served hors d'oeuvres? Or was it business as usual as if anyone could come to the lounge?

I ask because the times we've had the coupons we have always gone to another bar, not the Revelations equivalent because it's so darn far from our usual cabin. And if the coupons were in effect for your cruise (too many Elites), you can understand the server wanting to make sure you were eligible for the freebie. Shame the coupons did not get to you in time, but I would not have been put off after being told we were supposed to have the coupons.

My wife and I had to wait in Blu for a table for 2. We took a pager, had a seat outside and waited. It was not a big deal. After that night (the first night) we decided to see the show first then go to Blu. That worked out great as it was less busy.

When you went to Revelations did it seem the "same" as the usual Elite cocktail hour - in other words, staff at the door to greet you, the special cocktail menu on the tables, served hors d'oeuvres? Or was it business as usual as if anyone could come to the lounge?

Even if they issue coupons, there is usually still an event in one of the lounges that offers hors d'oeuvres. Sometimes the Elite area is roped off to allow non-Elites to use the space as well. You are still welcome to use your coupons in other areas of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Also currently on Summit.

Thought embarkation went very well considering how we rushed to leave at 2pm to beat the storm. Once onboard things were a little off. Rooms were open early, but all services halted at 1pm for muster. Drink coupons didn't arrive until around 6pm and they only started us off with one week's worth. Not in Aqua, so can't speak to Blu issues, but dinner in mdr went off smoothly.

We do miss daily water delivery b/c folks at some of the bars and venues snarl when you ask for it..they often do not have it cold or don't have the smaller size but try to sell you the upcharge ones which are kept cold...how convenient!

We go early to BLU to get our preferred tbl or area...we would wait for tbl for two as group dining is no longer what we prefer...too much like mdr!

With so many people on drink packages, the bottled water was eliminated months ago. We just grab bottled water as we are retiring for the night. Our next cruise will bump us up to Elite & I'm glad that they do coupons as we don't want the reception hour to dictate our schedule. Group table in Blu, seems to me he was trying to be helpful & get you seated faster. You could always politely decline, get a pager, grab a drink w/the coupons and have your table a bit later.

I will say on our last cruise our meet n greet, shore excursion tickets & several other thing were missing. Went to the CC host & that night everything showed up. That falls on your stateroom attendant & we were sure to note in our comments that we had to track that stuff down.

Edited by DZalumni

We do miss daily water delivery b/c folks at some of the bars and venues snarl when you ask for it..they often do not have it cold or don't have the smaller size but try to sell you the upcharge ones which are kept cold...how convenient!

We go early to BLU to get our preferred tbl or area...we would wait for tbl for two as group dining is no longer what we prefer...too much like mdr!

If you have the premium beverage package, almost any bar can give you a bottle of water. Most convenient place to get one is the coffee shop.

If you have the premium beverage package, almost any bar can give you a bottle of water. Most convenient place to get one is the coffee shop.

We first posted about the water issue after our November 2015 cruise (which was when they had just implemented the new policy). We actually saw this cut-back as a very idiotic move by Celebrity. For example, many on our Eclipse cruise had drink packages...and folks make "adjustments." So instead of just having a few bottles of cheap Celebrity water....we now stop at a bar several times a day and get bottles of both Pellegrino and Evian....and stock our cabin. So Celebrity now us substituting much more expensive products for their missing cheap water.

Hank

We were in aqua class in April and don't remember getting any "coupons". What are they for exactly?

The coupons are no Aqua Class thing but have to do with captain´s club. You need to be Elite or above to be invited to the social hour incl. free drinks. Since there were so many Elites filling up the venue coupons for the drinks were given to be redeemed at any bar instead in order to avoid overfilling the one lounge.

Edited by Miaminice

Excellent choice and another one is the bar in the buffet. If you eat breakfast and are heading onshore, just get a bottle at the bar as you walk out.

We first posted about the water issue after our November 2015 cruise (which was when they had just implemented the new policy). We actually saw this cut-back as a very idiotic move by Celebrity. For example, many on our Eclipse cruise had drink packages...and folks make "adjustments." So instead of just having a few bottles of cheap Celebrity water....we now stop at a bar several times a day and get bottles of both Pellegrino and Evian....and stock our cabin. So Celebrity now us substituting much more expensive products for their missing cheap water.

Hank

Well said, Hank.

I know! It kind of changes the feeling in Blu to have the whole middle given to group tables. Guess we can get used to it. Last night we went late and needed the pager as they were all full.

The flowers in our cabin are lovely. They come with a little note that they come from Captain's Club hostess, Angelina Cammalleri. In past, I just thought they were a perk from Celebrity for buying Aquaclass.

We've seen the water man selling water and bloody mary's in the Oceanview in the morning and I usually run up there to get our bottles from the Oceanview before we go ashore. Maybe they thought we needed more exercise, but they've been pushing water on us.

Now if the sun could just burn off this heavy fog! Our excursion was cancelled this morning in Bar Harbor.

When you went to Revelations did it seem the "same" as the usual Elite cocktail hour - in other words, staff at the door to greet you, the special cocktail menu on the tables, served hors d'oeuvres? Or was it business as usual as if anyone could come to the lounge

We showed our Elite status using our ship card at the door. We've sailed Aquaclass 5 times before, but only twice before as Elite and we had never before used a ticket for the cocktails in Revelations at Captain's Club cocktails. Revelations was full of people and nothing was roped off. It was just our first introduction to coupons for that. We have a drink package so it was a surprise to be asked for a ticket we didn't have and when we offered our card he didn't want that.

Our next cruise will bump us up to Elite & I'm glad that they do coupons as we don't want the reception hour to dictate our schedule.

The coupons aren't the norm, they are only issued when there are a lot of Elites on board. If you do happen to get them, their use is still limited to 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., the usual Elite cocktail hour time. However, you could certainly use them at the pool bar if you're still stretched out on your lounger. You also would have the option of grabbing a drink somewhere and sitting on your balcony.