Anthem eliminates Dynamic Dining

TeeRick

Does Disney have both fixed and variable (My Time) times for dining?

If I recall correctly, no. They had the two set dining times, and if you wanted to eat outside of those times you ate at the buffet or one of the specialty restaurants. (This was on the Fantasy in 2012.)

Edited by Tracy Po

When we sailed Disney Magic circa 2006

We were assigned early dining, (they had two offered) and of course the others were late.

And one pay venue.

Everyone got to eat in MDR if they wanted or go to their idea of a WJ which was a buffet.

Is this what you mean?

I was aksing if Disney had the option to not have a fixed dining time and people could just show up to the main dining room(s) whenever the wanted.

Just a lil confused, would like to make sure. Sailing the Anthem this February, we have Dynamic Choice. In the end, does this mean we will now be Anytime/My Time Dining and have the choice to pick 1 of the 4 complimentary dining rooms, no reservations needed??

If so, I think it's a good thing, if there is a long line at one particular complimentary dining room we can simply try one of the other three different dining rooms. No more reservations needed at Chic, Grande, Icon or Silk, and our Dynamic Choice will be considered 'My Time Dining', correct?

Thank you in advance.

:)

I received the call and all of the 4 free resturants will all have the same menu and formal nights will be specific nights not just at the grande

Well, that's certainly bucking the trend of people not wanting to schlep formal wear on cruises, although if "formal" for these nights turns out to be what's been allowed in Grande (no ties or dress shirts required for men, pick up a loaner jacket and carry it to your chair), it may not matter much. I did like that Anthem had no formal nights....

Separately, I'd hate to be stuck with the decor of Silk for an entire cruise.

I think Dynamic Dining --- the original "Choice" concept, not the shoehorned back in, retrofitted "Classic" -- was a great idea to which RCI never committed enough staff nor trained them sufficiently.

I think Dynamic Dining --- the original "Choice" concept, not the shoehorned back in, retrofitted "Classic" -- was a great idea to which RCI never committed enough staff nor trained them sufficiently.

.....because it cost them too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I didn't get a call and what, they wait for final payment of the Nov 27th cruise to announce this. We loved DD on Quantum and all our dinners and shows have been linked with friends so very unhappy about this whole thing. There was no problem with DD when we sailed Quantum. It's Classic that's messing things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get a call and what, they wait for final payment of the Nov 27th cruise to announce this. We loved DD on Quantum and all our dinners and shows have been linked with friends so very unhappy about this whole thing. There was no problem with DD when we sailed Quantum. It's Classic that's messing things up.

I'm with you. Our family sailed on both the Quantum and Anthemn and loved Dynamic Dinning.

We were looking forward to it for you Dec 9, 2016 cruise.

Sad to see it go.

Oh no. I was actually hoping to try Dynamic Classic and rotate my way through the different restaurants and their menus on my upcoming cruise in December. :(

Now I will be on the 2nd sailing after they made the switch. I guess there will be a high risk where service will be slow, or food may not come out right as it will be an adjustment for both the kitchen and dining staff.:mad:

If so, that is a real shame as I truly enjoyed the DD classic. It resembled the basic MDR concept except that diners rotated within the 4 restaurants. On the Anthem Aug. 25th sail was assigned a table # and except for the 1st night basically entered and went to my table. The quality of food was very good.

Maybe they could try to do it like Disney, and you rotate, with your waiters, through the different restaurants through the cruise *sly grin*

You know I really enjoyed Dynamic dining! :)

If I recall correctly, no. They had the two set dining times, and if you wanted to eat outside of those times you ate at the buffet or one of the specialty restaurants. (This was on the Fantasy in 2012.)

Yes, same for us on the Dream a few years ago. You got your dining room rotation at either early/late seating, or you went to the buffet or specialty restaurants.

That is what Dynamic Classic 1 And Classic 2 are (were).

I guess I thought it was different and that you got a different menu depending on which restaurant you were in. On Disney the menus are all the same each night, no matter which one you're in. You just rotated through with your waiters to get different décor and such.

Well, that's certainly bucking the trend of people not wanting to schlep formal wear on cruises, although if "formal" for these nights turns out to be what's been allowed in Grande (no ties or dress shirts required for men, pick up a loaner jacket and carry it to your chair), it may not matter much. I did like that Anthem had no formal nights....

Separately, I'd hate to be stuck with the decor of Silk for an entire cruise.

I like Formal night.....

It sounds like they are eliminating the 4 different menus at the "free" restaurants and going to the same menu for all 4.

Bob - I think that might be the case but not entirely sure. I was told that Grande & Chic would go to Traditional and Silk and American Icon would become MTD. That would support the only one menu concept I think. I am disappointed because I really was looking forward to the different restaurants and menus.

Bob - I think that might be the case but not entirely sure. I was told that Grande & Chic would go to Traditional and Silk and American Icon would become MTD. That would support the only one menu concept I think. I am disappointed because I really was looking forward to the different restaurants and menus.

I Just called RCL and the operator knew nothing about it! Surprised? Nope.

HLR

I guess I thought it was different and that you got a different menu depending on which restaurant you were in. On Disney the menus are all the same each night, no matter which one you're in. You just rotated through with your waiters to get different décor and such.

Never realized the menus were the same on Disney and only the decor was different. Seems like a bother just for a difference in decor.

You guys dressed up nicely..... some of us perfer not to dress up so much.. but do enjoy seeing the others that do.... I have a tux and many suits, used to wear them daily...

Thanks Troy. I'm in a polo shirt and Khaki's the other 5 nights. Totally get the I dress for work attitude, but I never wore a tuxedo to work. ;) It's fun and really no extra packing other than the jacket.

As far as schlepping formal wear, I typically wear the same shoes around the ship that I wear with my casual dinner wear, so I only need two pair total, and pants are pants, so the tux pants replace one pair of khaki's. I guess my clip on bow tie takes up a lot of room. :o