How do you book?

Saltykisses

My preference is through a PVP.

The PVP I use has been with Carnival 10 + years. She knows things about staterooms that are not always apparent. If we are looking a Riviera deck OV she makes sure we are not above the crew bar. If we are looking at a cove balcony she knows where the less noisy area of the galley. Yes, I know book early but sometimes that doesn't happen. Balcony room is there a crew access area that might be noisy. All of these can detract from

Then there are the questions that pop up over time. A new promotion, needing to cancel and rebook. I see questions on here all the time and think, if you had used a PVP (or a trusted experienced TA) you would not have this problem.

PVP for the reasons that have been previously mentioned. He knows me on a first name basis. If I need something he's only a call away and gets everything handled right then and there.

I always get the right answer unlike when you call Carnival because it's luck of the draw in which CSR you get. A good PVP makes your cruising life easier. Oh and the fact that he has actually cruised on Carnival (unlike some TAs) and is available whenever I need him day, night, and holidays (again unlike some TAs). I even have his cell phone number.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I always use a TA. He has saved me alot of money over the years by checking the price of the cruise and then calling the cruise line to get the lower price. Also if you have a problem its always nice to have a TA make the case for you since they do alot of bussiness with the cruise lines they can normaly get things done.

A PVP isn't worth saving a couple hundred bucks per booking like I do. TA all the way

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

It is to me. I almost lost around $500 once because the TA was closed. Long story short Carnival gave me the price drop even though they didn't have to. After that incident I swore off TAs. They were very rude and sadly they are one of a few that sponsors this site.

If you have a good TA and that's what works for you, super. I am a control freak and will always be in charge of my booking from here on out. I don't like middlemen for anything. I am ecstatic with the level of service my PVP gives me so I'm sticking with him.

Plus you are more than likely to get an upsell call if you book direct because Carnival can't discuss your booking with you at all if you use a TA. Not to say you will never get a call if you use one, but it's quicker when they are trying to fill cabins if they deal directly with the guest.

It is up to everyone to decide for themselves what is important. There is no right or wrong.

Have not cruised since 2005. Do you book through a travel agent or the cruise line? TIA

Usually my PVP, but I also have booked with a TA. The last few I just booked using Carnivals booking engine . Look for the best offers you can find to your advantage . Google the date and ship your considering ;).

Most of the time we use an on line cruise travel agent, last trip we were offered twice the OBC as CCL and a free steak dinner for each leg, couldn't pass it up. She was great, knowledgeable, friendly, and called CCL if necessary and took care of everything.

Plus you are more than likely to get an upsell call if you book direct because Carnival can't discuss your booking with you at all if you use a TA.

Unless things have changed since 2003, they will call you directly if you've booked through a TA.

We had 6 cabins booked on the Empress Deck on the Conquest. One of the cabins had 3 guys booked in it. For some reason, they changed that cabin to only 2 max. One day I looked at our booking online and noticed that we were now on the Panorama Deck. I called our TA and she said she would have to get back to me. She called Carnival and they said that because of the change in that one cabin, they called the first couple alphabetically in our group to see if it was alright to move all of us up to the Panorama Deck. They agreed so they moved all of us. The TA knew nothing about it.

Things may have changed since then but they did call us directly in 2003.

I've booked all of my 14 or 15 cruises, on various cruise lines, directly on their websites. Have never run into any glitch or problem doing so. However, and unfortunately, I am a major control freak and would probably have a breakdown if I ever gave up that task to somebody else.