Cruisenext double deposits promo extended again :)

aerospace

Call your Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC) and ask them to apply it. I was able to do this last month when the promo extended to December sailings.

Amy chance of applying a second for an already booked cruise in February?

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Er, no. It's always been one deposit per cabin (NOT per person). Now, it's two per cabin per sailing by March 31.

Wait a sec.

My last cruise I purchased $750 in cruisenext deposits ($250 x 3).

You're saying that I couldn't use that full amount for a future booking?

It's a nice trick for increasing onboard spending (we now find ourselves buying 4 deposits on every cruise…)

You are correct. But unlike on Carnival-owned brands that I sail a bit (HAL and Princess) I actually get something for my commitment in the form of $125 off each future cruise. The Cruise Next manager aboard Getaway was taunting us last week with the prospect of getting home and not having enough certificates. As I only bought two, I may not have bought enough. ;)

But unlike on Carnival-owned brands that I sail a bit (HAL and Princess) I actually get something for my commitment in the form of $125 off each future cruise.
$250 off if you are able to take advantage of the current offer. :) In fairness to HAL and Princess, their programs also give you something, but with the kinds of cruises we book, it's only along the lines of $25 per person.

Wait a sec.

No, you cannot normally use more than 1 per booking. The good news there is that you hold your cabin with a single $250 deposit. This is handy if you are on a longer cruise, where your deposit is high. When I booked my upcoming 14 day cruise, I would have had to pay a deposit of $800.

Wait a sec.

We only had to use one certificate as our deposit (instead of paying the regular $1,067 that others had to pay) last January for a November cruise.

The last date to use double deposits on one sailing was Dec 31. I just got an email a couple hours go it's been extended to March 31 2017.

Must be doing well for them to keep extending it. I love it :)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!

Can you book this online or do you have to call your consultant? I just did a mock reservation to see where I can apply the certificates...any idea? thanks so much! I am looking at Breakaway for Valentines Day ... ooo la la

So, I just called NCL. They said that I could apply an additional CruiseNext deposit to my January booking but I would have to call my TA. So, I did that and they called NCL and were told that it was only for new bookings. He is trying a different person now. Frustrating when not everyone has the same answers. :confused:

UPDATE - They were able to apply the other Cruise Next deposit to my current reservation (we sail January 14, 2017) and since we were already paid in full, are refunding $250 to our credit card! SCORE. So glad I read this post. Thanks to the OP for this!!!

After reading this thread, I emailed my pcc for my December Hawaii cruise. At the time I booked she tried to apply 2 cruisenext certs to each of the 2 cabins I had booked, and said the computer wouldn't accept them. Hope to hear from her next week with good news that she got them applied. That $500 would come in handy for the expensive excursions!