All time favourite cruise location

subaru94

No we did the 2 week Celebrity Infinity cruise out of Buenos Aires. It was wonderful, lots of wildlife right by the ship and all the comforts that a cruise can bring. You just don't get to walk out on the Ice or take zodiacs although we did walk among the penguins and such at Ushuaia and the Falklands Islands.

We did the same....outstanding!....and I would agree....my all time favorite as well.

Lots of wonderful places mentioned here. My first non-cruise cruise was on the freighter Aranui 2 from Tahiti to the Marquesas islands. In the meantime, they have upgraded the ship to Aranui 5. This is still my favorite part of the world.

Also very good: NZ South Island, Chilean Fjords, Baltic. I travelled in Europe mostly on land including to Venice and the Adriatic coast before large cruise ships plied those waters.

No we did the 2 week Celebrity Infinity cruise out of Buenos Aires. It was wonderful, lots of wildlife right by the ship and all the comforts that a cruise can bring. You just don't get to walk out on the Ice or take zodiacs although we did walk among the penguins and such at Ushuaia and the Falklands Islands.

OK that is what we did also, Celebrity Infinity in 2015. We saw the expedition ships like National Geographic, but I'm not that hardy. :)

OK that is what we did also, Celebrity Infinity in 2015. We saw the expedition ships like National Geographic, but I'm not that hardy. :)

Yes, my wife had no desire to go onto the ice and I had no desire to pay around four times the price for an expedition type tour.

How do I choose between the Med and the Baltic?

Having done both, I don't think you can choose. Both are amazing in different ways. I love history and both have lots to offer in that sense.

I forgot to add Alaska to my list. Alaska is spectacular. Thinking on it, I've loved everywhere we have cruised and there have been standouts on each one. Barcelona is also a favorite and we keep going back there time and again. As is Istanbul and the only place I haven't liked is Paris.

Edited by joandian

Sailing in or out of Venice would be amazing! It is spectacular enough getting off the train and walking out of the station to Wow!

With only one cruise behind me I've loved all our tiny number of ports but imagine the sail in and out of Sydney Harbour is hard to beat.

I'm trying to convince my husband to do a Tasmania cruise but so far he isn't enthusiastic.

So far Panama Canal, so interesting and great ports. Although looking forward to Alaska next year.

Have to say though I'm not sure anything can beat the excitement and feeling of our first ever cruise to the Caribbean from port canaveral. Have cruised that area several times since but nothing matches the feelings on that first ever cruise!

So far Panama Canal, so interesting and great ports. Although looking forward to Alaska next year.

Have to say though I'm not sure anything can beat the excitement and feeling of our first ever cruise to the Caribbean from port canaveral. Have cruised that area several times since but nothing matches the feelings on that first ever cruise!

Everything on a first cruise is exciting and then every new port and new ship etc, which is why cruising is so addictive.:D

All good but my favourites:

1. Alaska

2. Panama Canal

3.South America

4.The Med

5.Transatlantic/East Coast of USA/Canada

I could list all 22 of our cruises. Sydney Harbour ain't bad either.

Edited by NSWP

Wow, sailing into New York must be amazing.

From our perspective indeed it was, on Aurora Sept last year, Southampton, then New York, 6 day crossing to NY then 2 days in NY, then up the east coast of USA/Canda, many stops then back across the 'Pond.' The cruise up the Hudson River is great, Statue of Liberty, the skyscrapers. Do it !!

Edited by NSWP