On board Regal Oct 1 New England sailing---

Jetswdo

Embarkation was delayed about 1 hour--still we arrived at Brooklyn port about 10:30. On board around 12:15. Miserable rainy weather, but optimisitic any way! We had a pleasant lunch at Alfredo's. Went to our cabin. I should mention that we are a couple in our early 60's and normally will only do balcony or mini suite cabins. For this itinerary, we felt that a sideways inside cabin would be good enough, as there is only one port day and for the first time, we really will be just using the cabin to sleep, shower, and change our clothes! For sailaway, a very nice couple on roll call offered their huge balcony- Dining: We just took any time, as the buffet would work for us most of the time. For tonight, we used our included voucher at Crown Grille-- meal was excellent. We had the excellent onion soup, small but tasty lobster tails with filet minion. Exccellent service and very good meal to start off the cruise. We then went to opening show--- One show only at 9:15----Very funny comedian- and we thought the cruise director even funnier-- Marty Moss- a British fellow.

Next day: Newpor: Gray but no rain! Did Princess tour Cliff walk and the Breakers mansion-- then Touro synagogue and cemetary. Had nice lunch after at Brick Pub Cafe-- then about 20 minute tender back to the ship. Loved this port! We were so tired that we took a nap from 4:00 until 8:00--

This was formal night. We were going to go to see Brava production show but just too tired to deal with dressing up, etc. DH just grabbed a few slices of pizza to bring back to cabin. I brought on board, decaf diet coke- and this was good enough to get us through the night. I should also mention that this was the first time it just didn't pay to get beverage package. We have a couple of coffee cards left over from last cruise, which we already used a few times. We did "gift" our selves $100 to cover any sodas, mixed drinks, etc. since it would be mostly at dinner and one sea day-- and most of the time prefer just ice water anyway. Tomorrow is Boston- I will try to post tomorrow night or the next. After the cruise Oct 8, I will be happy to answer any questions the best I can. Sincerely, Anita

Thank you for posting while on your cruise Aboard the Regal Princess.

We are sailing the 6 of November for a B2B on the Regal. This will be the first time we've sailed this large a ship.

She looks beautiful

Enjoy your cruise

Thank you for posting. I am leaving on Oct 15th on Regal. You already answered one of my questions...formal night on Sunday. Please post when you know the 2nd formal night. Really appreciate the info.

So glad you have Martyn Moss as your cruise director, he is what a cruise director should be! He was on our Regal cruise last fall and he was our favorite CD ever. Be sure to stay after the shows in the theater to hear his commentary; you'll miss out if you get up and rush out right after the show!:D

Thanks for the report.

For this itinerary, we felt that a sideways inside cabin would be good enough, as there is only one port day and for the first time, we really will be just using the cabin to sleep, shower, and change our clothes!

I think you meant that there is only one sea day.

When you get a chance I have a question about the port in Boston. We are going on this cruise next year and I read where the pier is very long in Boston. My DH is not able to walk far so I was wondering if they have some of those bike cabs that take people from the ship to the street.

Thank you

Jennifer

I did the Canada New England fall foliage last Oct on the Regal and the itinerary is fabulous. Tender in Rhode Island was hectic with over 3000 passengers. I loved the ports and the land portion was done to perfection. I didn't like the Regal, I took a premium balcony and the balcony was a "french balcony". I prefer smaller ships.

When you get a chance I have a question about the port in Boston. We are going on this cruise next year and I read where the pier is very long in Boston. My DH is not able to walk far so I was wondering if they have some of those bike cabs that take people from the ship to the street.

Thank you

Jennifer

I don't know if there will be any Pedi-cabs waiting at the dock, but you can call to arrange for a pick-up. 617-266-2005. I can't say how close they can get to the ship due to the fact that the dock is a secured area.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Embarkation was delayed about 1 hour--still we arrived at Brooklyn port about 10:30. On board around 12:15. Miserable rainy weather, but optimisitic any way! We had a pleasant lunch at Alfredo's. Went to our cabin. I should mention that we are a couple in our early 60's and normally will only do balcony or mini suite cabins. For this itinerary, we felt that a sideways inside cabin would be good enough, as there is only one port day and for the first time, we really will be just using the cabin to sleep, shower, and change our clothes! For sailaway, a very nice couple on roll call offered their huge balcony- Dining: We just took any time, as the buffet would work for us most of the time. For tonight, we used our included voucher at Crown Grille-- meal was excellent. We had the excellent onion soup, small but tasty lobster tails with filet minion. Exccellent service and very good meal to start off the cruise. We then went to opening show--- One show only at 9:15----Very funny comedian- and we thought the cruise director even funnier-- Marty Moss- a British fellow.

Next day: Newpor: Gray but no rain! Did Princess tour Cliff walk and the Breakers mansion-- then Touro synagogue and cemetary. Had nice lunch after at Brick Pub Cafe-- then about 20 minute tender back to the ship. Loved this port! We were so tired that we took a nap from 4:00 until 8:00--

This was formal night. We were going to go to see Brava production show but just too tired to deal with dressing up, etc. DH just grabbed a few slices of pizza to bring back to cabin. I brought on board, decaf diet coke- and this was good enough to get us through the night. I should also mention that this was the first time it just didn't pay to get beverage package. We have a couple of coffee cards left over from last cruise, which we already used a few times. We did "gift" our selves $100 to cover any sodas, mixed drinks, etc. since it would be mostly at dinner and one sea day-- and most of the time prefer just ice water anyway. Tomorrow is Boston- I will try to post tomorrow night or the next. After the cruise Oct 8, I will be happy to answer any questions the best I can. Sincerely, Anita

We live in Rhode Island and we saw the ship in Newport when we drove over for dinner on Saturday. I remarked that I hoped that the folks on the ship liked Newport despite the crummy weather as it is a lovely city with lots to do.

So, I was glad to see your post. Brick Alley is one of our favorite places and we may go there tomorrow! Hope the rest of your cruise is great!

Thanks for posting these updates! We will also be boarding the Regal this Saturday- October 8th with my sisters / hubbies from the west coast. Looking forward to your next update(s)!

Have a good time!!! I get on as you get off.

I hope your enjoying yourself. We are going to be sailing on the Regal in about 2 weeks. To my mistake I didn't realize that Princess doesn't use the Manhattan terminal. Are there any shuttles from Manhattan? Can lady liberty be seen from the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums