Wwhat is the verdict on Margaritaville on Breakaway?

JAMESCC

I haven't read the entire post, and am about to post a review from the 10/16/16 sailing, but I ate there and really liked it. Good music, nice view, everything was good. I mention in my review that I haven't had a real burger in about a year (I get turkey burgers or veggie burgers) but this was really good. Worth using the UDP there (and the drink I chose was great too)

i thought it was around 100 and so yes one drink a day isnt too bad to make up for it. maybe 2

I haven't read the entire post, and am about to post a review from the 10/16/16 sailing, but I ate there and really liked it. Good music, nice view, everything was good. I mention in my review that I haven't had a real burger in about a year (I get turkey burgers or veggie burgers) but this was really good. Worth using the UDP there (and the drink I chose was great too)

i wanted to run into you because i saw your posts all over before our trip. i dont remember if you were at our meet and greet or the roll call though. i do wish m-ville was open longer, i definitely would have gone. anyone know the reason a pay place isnt open longer?

I thought the hours were kind of sad too, but they seem to close up a lot of the pool area bars early in the evening. Mostly I think to then move those bartenders to other indoor bars.

We did the first pub crawl, but missed the second one that group did.

I thought the hours were kind of sad too, but they seem to close up a lot of the pool area bars early in the evening. Mostly I think to then move those bartenders to other indoor bars.

We did the first pub crawl, but missed the second one that group did.

i didnt join the crawl. how many were there. were you at m/g. we didnt give out names so i was clueless who anyone was for the most part

Really dislike to see Margaritaville coming to Breakaway and Getaway... :(

Although I have not been often at Flamingo Grill of NCL Getaway, I kinda liked it, and it also had the positive passive effect for the passenger flow - no this venue is going to be turned into a charge-restaurant...

is there ANYTHING FREE in Margaritaville? Maybe some basic, plain items? Or any other free venue replacing Flamingo Grill?

I truly do not hope margaritaville will be installed fleetwide.

For the new Breakaway-Class-ships I do not really care since I am not keen to book them in foreseeable future.

But really loved Jade and would book her, her sisters and the other smaller ships of NCL, and really do not hope that sooner or later those ships also feature Margaritaville and the even mire ridiculous Food Republic...

You have to drink 5-7 drinks/day, every day, to make the UBP worth it. You think that "isn't drinking much?"

Could you explain the math for this conclusion?

I get a significantly different result. The UBP as a freestyle choice costs $100/wk per person. If the retail price of drinks is $10, having 1.5 drinks per day makes the UBP break even. Just 2 drinks per day makes the UBP a great deal.

Edited by my3sonsnj

Really dislike to see Margaritaville coming to Breakaway and Getaway... :(

Although I have not been often at Flamingo Grill of NCL Getaway, I kinda liked it, and it also had the positive passive effect for the passenger flow - no this venue is going to be turned into a charge-restaurant...

is there ANYTHING FREE in Margaritaville? Maybe some basic, plain items? Or any other free venue replacing Flamingo Grill?

I truly do not hope margaritaville will be installed fleetwide.

For the new Breakaway-Class-ships I do not really care since I am not keen to book them in foreseeable future.

But really loved Jade and would book her, her sisters and the other smaller ships of NCL, and really do not hope that sooner or later those ships also feature Margaritaville and the even mire ridiculous Food Republic...

Food Republic is hands down the best restaurant I've ever eaten at sea. If it somehow appeared on other ships, that would be the best news ever.

As far as free items at Margaritaville, yes, sort of. The pretzel sticks are free. Well, they aren't really free, but you can walk downstairs to the buffet and have them for free. They are exactly the same thing. Hope that helps! :D

I've been to 25-30 margaritaville properties over the years and the food ain't the draw, gang. It's the License to Chill vibe, music and drinks.

It's a good brand to partner with NCL. As much as I had to admit it I really enjoy a burger from Guy Fieri's on Carnival much more than hitting the buffet. Take me to flavor town any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I take my first cruise on NCL tomorrow and a HUGE reason for that is Margaritaville at Sea/ 5 O'clock Somewhere bar. Hell, I'm staying at MV hotel in Hollywood tonight. I admit I might be a tad over the top fanatic. Ha.

FINS UP!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I've been to 25-30 margaritaville properties over the years and the food ain't the draw, gang. It's the License to Chill vibe, music and drinks.

It's a good brand to partner with NCL. As much as I had to admit it I really enjoy a burger from Guy Fieri's on Carnival much more than hitting the buffet. Take me to flavor town any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I take my first cruise on NCL tomorrow and a HUGE reason for that is Margaritaville at Sea/ 5 O'clock Somewhere bar. Hell, I'm staying at MV hotel in Hollywood tonight. I admit I might be a tad over the top fanatic. Ha.

FINS UP!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We stayed there for a week this last summer. I think about that resort every single day. FinsUp

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
I agree;) Being for fee will also stop the "I'll get that burger" even though I ain't really hungry. Less partially eaten burgers laying all over the place.

When RCCL made Johnny Rockets have a cover charge, boy didn't that do wonders on how much cleaner the ship became. Prior you would see the half eaten burgers and cups of french fry placed all over the place and the paper from the burgers wrappers was always blowing around.

I for one intend on going to Margarittaville at least once on the 10/30 BA cruise. Hoping its up to snuff. I'll find out.

Last year the same week, the Uptown Grill was a ghost town. (As told to me by my nephew and his GF). They too are looking forward to Margarittaville.

Love Johnny Rockets and do not mind paying extra, never had to wait for a table. Also spent a lot of time at uptown and yes, we will also go to Margaretivalle. My question is can we take food and drinks from there to H20?

Is the 5 o'clock Somewhere bar actually open on the Breakaway? There is no reference to it on the dailies I have seen posted here.

I believe it's actually called the Chill Bar. The margaritas were really good there. Especially the Feeling Hot Hot Hot Margarita.

Every time we travel to America or the Caribbean we look for a Margaretville. I buy a tea shirt, don't always eat there and just enjoy the vibe like a previous poster. Is the 5-Oclock bar separate ? Can you sit and chill with a drink listening to Jimmy and other Country stars ? I really hope so.

Finns up.

Billy.

Every time we travel to America or the Caribbean we look for a Margaretville. I buy a tea shirt, don't always eat there and just enjoy the vibe like a previous poster. Is the 5-Oclock bar separate ? Can you sit and chill with a drink listening to Jimmy and other Country stars ? I really hope so.

Finns up.

Billy.

Yes, the bar is separate. Treat it just like any other Margaritaville.

Finns up.

Billy.

Whereas the Escape has Margaritaville and 5 O'Clock Somewhere bar as completely different venues in different areas of the ship, the Breakaway only has the Margaritaville restaurant. As someone else stated, the bar at Margaritaville is actually called The Chill Bar, and is just along one wall of the restaurant with about 10 stools. It has some great frozen drink concoctions, like Havanas 'n Bananas. Edited by LrgPizza

If it was nice out, I would go to Margaritaville on Breakaway for the breakfast buffet, but not lunch or dinner. For me it wasn't worth it to go the 1 deck higher to pay to eat something.

mville must still be a secret as breakfast wasnt busy at all there. great place to have it.

Finns up.

Billy.

On the Breakaway you can sit and chill at the bar (which is called Chill) with a drink - it's right beside Margaritaville. Unfortunately we didn't hear much Jimmy or any other country any time we were there earlier this month. We heard more Jimmy in O'Sheehans than we did at Margaritaville. It doesn't really have a Margaritaville vibe to be honest. That being said, the bartender was fantastic, as were the drinks. :)

I've read some good reviews on cruise critic about their nachos. My plan is to pay for the nachos and then use my UBP to have a "free" drink :) If the nachos are blah but I like the vibe, I think I might come back only for the drinks. Excited to try it out. I've also heard that the burgers are good, but I'm not a big burger fan.

Edited by UnaPalomita

Love Johnny Rockets and do not mind paying extra, never had to wait for a table. Also spent a lot of time at uptown and yes, we will also go to Margaretivalle. My question is can we take food and drinks from there to H20?

Johnny Rockets was the best! That was actually our first cruise. My husband, then boyfriend, discovered when I had a late night craving, that if you do take out there they would only charge the fee one time. :D

I've read some good reviews on cruise critic about their nachos. My plan is to pay for the nachos and then use my UBP to have a "free" drink :) If the nachos are blah but I like the vibe, I think I might come back only for the drinks. Excited to try it out. I've also heard that the burgers are good, but I'm not a big burger fan.

Good luck with that! That was my plan too on the breakaway in November, but the waiter wouldn't bring me the nachos because it was just me. He said that's for several people.:eek:Good luck with that!

Good luck with that! That was my plan too on the breakaway in November, but the waiter wouldn't bring me the nachos because it was just me. He said that's for several people.:eek:Good luck with that!

i must have read that wrong. you were paying cash for nachos and they wouldnt bring them to you? i think i would have marched up to the captain and told him that crazy story myself. i could see in a free place if you ordered 5 entrees they may not bring them, but what you described in crazy even for NCL

The nachos are massive and amazing.