LIVE from Liberty of the Seas, sailing October 30th!

excited to hear you are enjoying the R bar - we are loyal alchemy bar patrons on carnival (but really, bar fly is more like it!) and are hoping R bar fills the same need for great cocktails with great company from the mixologists.

if possible, could you snap a photo of the R bar menu the next time you are there? would love to get an idea of what we can expect!

Edited by aliciajayn
left out a word

Great info.

I note with some dismay that there is no entertainment in the pub. Smooth move on Royal - they cancelled Derek Lewis so we get nada. :( Other than that, thank you.

(I'm getting all my whiney comments over before I board. :D )

So glad you like Sabor - it has become our favorite specialty. And agreed, we like the all inclusive option and setting better than the Oasis setup.

excited to hear you are enjoying the R bar - we are loyal alchemy bar patrons on carnival (but really, bar fly is more like it!) and are hoping R bar fills the same need for great cocktails with great company from the mixologists.

if possible, could you snap a photo of the R bar menu the next time you are there? would love to get an idea of what we can expect!

We just got off Liberty on the 30th - the R bar was our favorite - love Melvin, Raj and Anna! The R Bar is true mixology - tell them what you like and they will create something for you.

We had so much fun we did the Martini Tasting twice! If you like something with a little heat ask Melvin to make you a Christini!

My name is Chris and I am a cruiseaholic [emoji6]

341717b8c39b8e56cd5a177722997380.jpg

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

You think you got it bad?

My DW has forbidden me to enter that area for the next 6 months.

I do wish they would open up that deck outside the DL.

It was one of our favorite places the last time we were on Liberty.

For anyone who has asked or was wondering about the deck 6 aft balconies. I would not book these as the view aft is not very good and privacy would be a big issue. From my balcony on deck 7 I am able to look right down into those balconies:

67212edfeb9174e23456a8562416ef34.jpg

c66f11622e85f5056391df7814c5b3ad.jpg

6194c9bd0b83e04cc0a2fe01119f2f1b.jpg

thanks for the feedback on R bar, all! i'm excited that it's the kind of place where you can tell them what flavors you like and they'll create something just for you - some of my favorite cocktails of all time came from that exact experience at carnival's alchemy bar!

Chris, your blog is great. What kind of camera do you use for your photos -- they are awesome!! Have a great time this go round. :)

Right now with the exception of some of the photos on Saturday I'm just using my Note 5. I'll be using the Panasonic Lumix camera at the ports of call ☺

Great info.

I note with some dismay that there is no entertainment in the pub. Smooth move on Royal - they cancelled Derek Lewis so we get nada. :( Other than that, thank you.

(I'm getting all my whiney comments over before I board. :D )

So glad you like Sabor - it has become our favorite specialty. And agreed, we like the all inclusive option and setting better than the Oasis setup.

I thought the absence of pub entertainment was very noticeable last week.:( I was talking to a member of the CD staff before Saturday Night Fever, and he agreed with me.

It's been a year and a half since our last Royal Caribbean cruise, and I thought the changes in entertainment were very obvious. We're more into entertainment in small venues than things like comedians in the theater, and so the change is going to have more of an impact on us than others.

On a more positive entertainment note, in the same conversation I learned Phil Anderson should be on until some time in December.:) I also thought the ice show was the best I've seen, and Saturday Night Fever was outstanding!

Ask Melvin, Anna or Raj to make you an Orange Rosemary Martini or a Watermellon Basil Martini at the R Bar. Take the Martini class if you can...it was fantastic. Look for Arminda at the Schooner Bar as she's great too and will make you a great drink.

CCC3 we must be on the same cruise, Jan 22. I love this thread, can't wait until Sunday when it starts on the ship!

Yes! We are counting down the days! Vacationed on Liberty this summer and can't wait to go back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums