How do Coke drinkers manage on NCL ships?

mamasylvia

Just buy a liter of coke on your port excursions and bring it back in your back pack. They didnt give me a hard time when i did that on my cruise last week. I ended up drinking alot of water, tea and girly drinks on my cruise. I was glad i didnt purchase the drink package in advance because I dont drink pepsi products.

I'm a diet Dr Pepper drinker at least two a day. I went on my first cruise in January and I was fine. My husband and I both prefer coke products. I

personally wish they had more diet drinks especially for diabetics. I was fine drank diet Pepsi, coffee, tea, and water. There is so much to do I did not even think about it once on board. Enjoy your cruise and have fun.

Just buy a liter of coke on your port excursions and bring it back in your back pack. They didnt give me a hard time when i did that on my cruise last week. I ended up drinking alot of water, tea and girly drinks on my cruise. I was glad i didnt purchase the drink package in advance because I dont drink pepsi products.
What ship, because on my last cruise, they were making everyone pour out liquids, whether it was soda, juice or water?

They made me throw away the 16 oz Diet Coke bottle I'm my backpack that I tried to bring on board at one of the ports when I was on the Escape last year in port in Tortola. That, though, was last year March 2017. Maybe they have eased up? I wouldn't count on being able to bring coke products on board.

They made me throw away the 16 oz Diet Coke bottle I'm my backpack that I tried to bring on board at one of the ports when I was on the Escape last year in port in Tortola. That, though, was last year March 2017. Maybe they have eased up? I wouldn't count on being able to bring coke products on board.

The rules for what you can bring onboard at embarkation and the rules for what you can bring onboard are different.

They allow you to bring limited quantities of drinks with you at embarkation. From the ports you have to check the drinks and pick them up the before debarkation.
Maybe you are not talking about NCL, because on NCL you can not bring any liquids (other than bottled wine) onboard whether it be embarkation or port stops, unless they have changed the policy in the last month.

They allow you to bring limited quantities of drinks with you at embarkation.

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call.

Once past security, you can bring on whatever you purchase inside of the terminal (Coke from a vending machine, for ex.).

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I am a Coca Cola addict too, and was very disappointed when I realized NCL was a Pepsi only line and that we couldn't bring our own on board. When I say addict, I mean it. Just the sound of a can or bottle opening and I turn my head. I used to drink multiple bottles and cans a day. Regular Coke is the only soft drink I like. To combat my certain withdrawal, I weaned myself off of Coke before the cruise. Even in port, when my husband bought me a can of coke as a surprise, I refused to drink it as I knew it would make my cravings worse. After the cruise I went back to drinking it, but have stopped again. (My husband recently had bariatric surgery and can no longer drink his beloved Pepsi, so I quit Coke cold turkey out of solidarity. I've actually dropped several pounds and will be ready to face another cruise with no Coke this summer.) I don't like sparkling water, or most flavored water, but one thing we discovered is the flavored water they have onboard in the buffet. It was mango flavored, and not bad when you wanted something a little sweet. My husband liked it so much that he researched it and discovered it was only sold in bulk to food service, so he then ordered a case of the concentrate for home. You can also purchase the bottled water package and bring your own small packs of flavor to add, from brands like Dasani Drops or Crystal Light if you want something with flavor in your room.

Maybe you are not talking about NCL, because on NCL you can not bring any liquids (other than bottled wine) onboard whether it be embarkation or port stops, unless they have changed the policy in the last month.

As I said, limited quantities of drinks at embarkation. At port stops you can bring drinks, you just have to check it with them and you'll get it back at the end of the cruise.

They still allow that but this thread is mainly about bringing beverages on board to enjoy during the majority of the cruise.

I was asked what the difference was between port stops and embarkation. I glad nobody asked me about the difference between port stops and starboard stops.

As I said, limited quantities of drinks at embarkation. At port stops you can bring drinks, you just have to check it with them and you'll get it back at the end of the cruise.

Re: eBarkation

Limited as in bottles of wine for which you pay a corkage fee ; bottled water for baby formula if you have the proper , pre-approved documents. Or if you buy it in the terminal once you pass security. Our last 3 cruises we have seen tons of single bottles get confiscated and people going back to their cars with cases of water .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Re: eBarkation

Limited as in bottles of wine for which you pay a corkage fee ; bottled water for baby formula if you have the proper , pre-approved documents. Or if you buy it in the terminal once you pass security. Our last 3 cruises we have seen tons of single bottles get confiscated and people going back to their cars with cases of water .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Limited means not everything.

Okay, what is your definition of "limited"?

I glad nobody asked me about the difference between port stops and starboard stops.
There you go, you answered your own question. Limited are the times that a cruise ship makes starboard stops instead of port stops. See, two can play your stupid game.

The bottom line is that the only "drinks" as you previously stated can be brought back from a port stop are alcoholic bottles such as liquor or wine, which will be held until the last day, they are not drinks such as an open bottle of soda or even an open bottle of water that was purchased by said cruiser on that given NCL ship. And on embarkation day, forgotmyccname covered the options in a previous post. Now, before I waste any more of my time, some people do work on Sunday and are not glued to their keyboard ready to type sarcastic words of wit.

There you go, you answered your own question. Limited are the times that a cruise ship makes starboard stops instead of port stops. See, two can play your stupid game.

The bottom line is that the only "drinks" as you previously stated can be brought back from a port stop are alcoholic bottles such as liquor or wine, which will be held until the last day, they are not drinks such as an open bottle of soda or even an open bottle of water that was purchased by said cruiser on that given NCL ship. And on embarkation day, forgotmyccname covered the options in a previous post. Now, before I waste any more of my time, some people do work on Sunday and are not glued to their keyboard ready to type sarcastic words of wit.

There we go, we agree. BTW, who said I wasn't working?

Hubby likes his Jack and Coke didn't think he would enjoy his Jack with Pepsi so he just tells them to pour more Jack and a little Pepsi. After a few he got used to the taste of Pepsi with his Jack.

Wait till he discovers Bourbon....he’ll love it... :)

Well maybe we just got lucky but here’s what I did for our Thanksgiving cruise this past year...I only drink Coke so when we hit the first port I bought a bottled coke before getting back on the ship and stuck it in my Beach bag. I told my husband it’s worth a try and if they take it, they take it. My bag went right thru the detector and nothing was said. And I enjoyed my coke on the balcony at sail away. Lol.

So that’s what I did at each port. Nothing was ever said. We also didn’t check the tequila we bought. Honestly that was a mistake as the area was congested and I was busy keeping an eye on the kids and got sidetracked. I found it in the bottom of the beach bag when we got up to the room. We were exhausted from the shore excursion and the thought of going back down in all that fuss made me cringe. So we just kept it all wrapped up and stuck it on the shelf in the closet until we got off the ship. We had the unlimited beverage package so we weren’t tempted to open it up.

I don’t think they stress too much at the ports. My husband had his pocket knife with him at each port as well (it was in the suitcase at embarkation) It was all very laid back from what we experienced.

Hope that helps!

Well maybe we just got lucky but here’s what I did for our Thanksgiving cruise this past year...I only drink Coke so when we hit the first port I bought a bottled coke before getting back on the ship and stuck it in my Beach bag. I told my husband it’s worth a try and if they take it, they take it. My bag went right thru the detector and nothing was said. And I enjoyed my coke on the balcony at sail away. Lol.

So that’s what I did at each port. Nothing was ever said. We also didn’t check the tequila we bought. Honestly that was a mistake as the area was congested and I was busy keeping an eye on the kids and got sidetracked. I found it in the bottom of the beach bag when we got up to the room. We were exhausted from the shore excursion and the thought of going back down in all that fuss made me cringe. So we just kept it all wrapped up and stuck it on the shelf in the closet until we got off the ship. We had the unlimited beverage package so we weren’t tempted to open it up.

I don’t think they stress too much at the ports. My husband had his pocket knife with him at each port as well (it was in the suitcase at embarkation) It was all very laid back from what we experienced.

Hope that helps!

Yup, you got lucky. I tried that and it got confiscated. ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 9 months later...