Clear bra straps? What the heck? Help please :)

VennDiagram

Clear or not..they still show! I don't like seeing straps when they aren't supposed to be visible...

Lots of women nowadays, put on "off the shoulder" tops, and wear a normal bra under it....I think that's tacky as hell...but they put those "clear" straps on and think they're "getting away" with something. They aren't. We still see the straps!

They are for those who like to wear halter tops or camisole tops and like to pretend that clear bra straps don't show.

Personally I think the only thing they are really good for is tops that have laces sleeves, where a colored strap would show through the lace but clear ones don't.

I wish I had some clear straps on today! I'm wearing the top in the attachment to work today with my black bra - my straps are clearly visible. I'm just hoping everybody thinks they're part of the top or that they just blend in.

Sorry, the attachment just takes you to all the tops. Anyway, it has a lacy mesh bodice that goes from shoulder to shoulder.

Edited by Sandy Sails

For DD's wedding, I bought a dress with lace on the sleeves and along the shoulders.

My flesh colored bras showed, so my great-niece suggested clear straps.

Worked great; unless you were about 3" from me and looking hard, your couldn't see the straps. didn't show at all in pictures.

Much more comfortable than a strapless bra for this 36D woman.

There is a store in my neighborhood, Very Boutiquey. The owner makes show off bra straps, for this very dilemma. Really nice stuff, and if you want to DIY, all you need is a glue gun and some rhinestones or other decorative accessories. I couldn't find a website, but check out the Facebook page for some ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/Very-Boutiquey-Show-Off-Straps-484999248332420/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only ones I've used are shiny, which does still show a bit along the edges of a cut-in top (straps crossed in the back, or halter-style). I think if they were a dull finish they would be less visible. Have any of you ever seen matte-finish ones?

• 3 weeks later...
Clear or not..they still show! I don't like seeing straps when they aren't supposed to be visible...

Lots of women nowadays, put on "off the shoulder" tops, and wear a normal bra under it....I think that's tacky as hell...but they put those "clear" straps on and think they're "getting away" with something. They aren't. We still see the straps!

Why should that be bothersome to anyone?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi If you're not comfortable with having the "clear" bra straps show you could do what i do - I found a set of black sequinned "bra straps" with rhinestones as well as a set of black with "gold jewels" on them. They look pretty sharp when you wear them with any sort of a formal gown where a bra strap might show.

• 3 weeks later...

To show or not show bra straps...young women today don't care. I see bra straps all the time these days. It's a matter of choice. I could care less if someone is showing their bra straps. I don't do it...but that's my choice. But if I were young...I'd show mine and wouldn't care.:D

The clear straps are suppose to be better than cloth ones. But, if you care about not showing straps...these can still be seen.