Are My Eyes Deceiving Me?

cruisincorgi

Booked a Guarantee Oceanview for upcoming cruise on the Jade. Just checked MyNCL and saw that I was assigned a Mini Suite. Is this commonplace? Is it for real? Never did this kind of Guarantee stateroom before. I just assumed I would get a nice oceanview. Thanks.

Booked a Guarantee Oceanview for upcoming cruise on the Jade. Just checked MyNCL and saw that I was assigned a Mini Suite. Is this commonplace? Is it for real? Never did this kind of Guarantee stateroom before. I just assumed I would get a nice oceanview. Thanks.

Congratulations. Wonderful room assignment!

You are very fortunate. We booked an Inside Guarantee on the Jade and because the ship was almost completely full, we simply had highest category Inside cabin. We were satsfied though since we undrstand there are no guarantees of upgrade and it wasn't a bad location.

Congratulations and I hope it stays that way.

On the negative side: It can change. :( A few years ago we booked a mini-suite on Norwegian Pearl and a outside guarantee for my in-laws. Within a couple of days my in-laws had a cabin number assigned, right next to ours. That was great. About a month later they were reassigned to a Deluxe Ocean View. :( They loved the room but were a bit disappointed that the mini-suite didn't stay.

They often shuffle cabins before sailing so keep an eye on your reservation and hope it doesn't change.

Good luck and enjoy the cruise.

Take care,

Mike

now thats not fair at all. once they assign a room it should be permanent .....hopes deflated

You get a lower price on a guarantee for a reason, you sign up to wind up in the cheapest cabin they cannot sell. Could change again the day before you sail.

The closer you book to sailing date, the likelier you are to get a GTY upgrade.

i've noticed even the lower category balcony rooms selling out now that i'm close to sail. yet from all i read that doesnt mean if someone got a GTY booked today, that they will get one of the higher balcony rooms that are still available.

correct?

also seeing really weird pricing as inside and oceanview are higher than balcony.

i've noticed even the lower category balcony rooms selling out now that i'm close to sail. yet from all i read that doesnt mean if someone got a GTY booked today, that they will get one of the higher balcony rooms that are still available.

correct?

also seeing really weird pricing as inside and oceanview are higher than balcony.

Correct. But as they say, nothing is certain until a cabin is assigned.