May I cancel drink package mid-sailing?

rubylake

Hi,

I have purchased the deluxe drink package for a 20% discount online for our upcoming Harmony sailing. I saw that Coastal Kitchen is offering complimantary beer and wine throughout the day but not sure we would like what is offered there. So I am wondering whether anyone was able to cancel their drink packages mid-sailing.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have purchased the deluxe drink package for a 20% discount online for our upcoming Harmony sailing. I saw that Coastal Kitchen is offering complimantary beer and wine throughout the day but not sure we would like what is offered there. So I am wondering whether anyone was able to cancel their drink packages mid-sailing.

Thank you.

You can cancel a beverage package, but I don't know what the limit is. They say they will refund the cost of the package, but then charge you individually for all the drinks consumed.

Edited by clarea

Hi,

Thank you.

I don't think you can cancel it mid-sailing. You can start it anytime you want, up to 3-4 days before the end of the cruise, but once you start it you're stuck with it.

I don't think you can cancel it mid-sailing. You can start it anytime you want, up to 3-4 days before the end of the cruise, but once you start it you're stuck with it.

What the cruise line says, for whatever that is worth:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=3651

Edited by clarea

Hi,

Thank you.

Packages usually have to be cancelled in the first 48 hours of the cruise. Keep in mind that the cancellation goes back to the first day. They'll charge you for all the drinks that you got under the drinks package.

What does that have to do with cancelling a package?

It's a different option; the OP has it purchased and is comparing it to the free drinks. There's also the option of cancelling it now, seeing about the free drinks in CK, and then buying it if the drinks don't make the OP happy.