Princess Diamond doesn't meet the basics

golf mom

Just returned. Cabin had no air conditioning, lost power twice, toilet didn't work, safe broke twice and had several days with no tv. Air being repaired in March. Rey disappointed in princess. First time on this line. Beware!

Oh oh... I'm booked in January and it sounds as though my favourite ship is falling apart. I'll make the best of it (your cruise seems like one I did on the Volendam).

That is so far out of the norm of what we have experienced with Princess and you certainly got hit with far too many unexpected, unpleasant things. So sorry to hear that. Did Princess try to make it work for you at all? I would strongly recommend that you shoot an email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com . I am sure they would be interested in hearing about your experience and they can engage the proper departments to remedy the situation.

I also recognize your name as the one that started the roll call for the February 2018 cruise to South America. Hope you are still doing that cruise and will give Princess another chance.

Edited by azbirdmom

Oh oh... I'm booked in January and it sounds as though my favourite ship is falling apart. I'll make the best of it (your cruise seems like one I did on the Volendam).

I would take this with a big grain of salt. I've never seen such a report from anyone, especially the Diamond.... there were some very good reviews, recently, of the Diamond. Bill, please report back!

Would like to know more. Was the A/C issue something that impacted the entire ship, a small section, or just your cabin? Did you report the problem to Guest Relations and did they offer any solution? Toilet issues are often not the fault of the cruise line, but caused by a passenger who keeps tossing things down their toilet. So was this just your cabin or an entire section? Was it reported and did you get an explanation?

Hank

Try the Sea Princess, rotten curtains falling off then "fixed" with safety pins. wifi that would never work. Aircon in room had to be repaired twice, toilet backed up eleven times. Huge water leak in passage and opposite room. Vista lounge ceiling leaked the whole cruise, engine issues, thruster issues. Hardly a seat anywhere with any padding left. I could go

on. Would avoid Sea, Sun and Dawn at all costs. Recent cruises on Emerald were fine but still issues with tired old furniture and slipping restaurant standards. Surprisingly, Horizons was a tad better! Beverage prices have risen about ten times the C.P.I. We Aussies are being hit to leg when compared with joining a cruise overseas!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on the Sun Princess cruise around New Zealand, RT from Sydney. It was wonderful. New flat screen TVs were great, as was the plumbing. No air conditioning problems. Princess shore excursions were super wonderful, as was the Princess hotel package in Sydney.

I posted here a positive review of my experience on the Sun Princess.

There has also been a recent, positive thread about the Diamond's recent Grand Asia cruise.

So... Some of us have had different experiences.

Bon voyage:)

I was on the Sun Princess cruise around New Zealand' date=' RT from Sydney. It was wonderful. New flat screen TVs were great, as was the plumbing. No air conditioning problems. Princess shore excursions were super wonderful, as was the Princess hotel package in Sydney.

I posted here a positive review of my experience on the Sun Princess.

There has also been a recent, positive thread about the Diamond's recent Grand Asia cruise.

So... Some of us have had different experiences.

Bon voyage:)[/quote']

My recent Sun Princess cruise was Oct 4 - 17, 2016, with Pre-cruise in Sydney on Oct 3, 2016.

Just returned. Cabin had no air conditioning, lost power twice, toilet didn't work, safe broke twice and had several days with no tv. Air being repaired in March. Rey disappointed in princess. First time on this line. Beware!

What was your room number?

Not sure about the Diamond but I think the Sun class ships are getting very close to use by date (actually Dawn will be going to P&O Australia next year). I know lots will disagree, especially some in Australia. When I was on Sun P, the thing I remember most was the sewerage smell.

I had heard that Diamond and Emerald were much better ships.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Not sure about the Diamond but I think the Sun class ships are getting very close to use by date (actually Dawn will be going to P&O Australia next year). I know lots will disagree, especially some in Australia. When I was on Sun P, the thing I remember most was the sewerage smell.

I had heard that Diamond and Emerald were much better ships.

I, and many others, expect Sun and Sea will follow (to P&O or one of the other Carnival lines) over the next couple of years as new ships join the Princess fleet.

All I can say is that I had a fantastic time on the Diamond Princess this July. Everything was in perfect working order and the ship was in excellent condition and is being very well looked after in Japan with all the maintenance going on. It is by far in better condition than many other ships I have been on. I liked Diamond Princess so much that I am booed to go again next year in Japan.

The Diamond Princess never ceases to impress me and they are really looking after it well.

Did you ask for your money back or a free cruise?? I know I would :mad:

Tony