Adonia to return end of 2017.

daiB

Don't worry the library is still there. The Glass House is where Sorrento was at the back adjacent to the Ocean Grill.

Must admit I'm looking forward to see what the itineraries will be.

Simon

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

I thought it was there because no reviews mentioned Sorrento and my husband and I thought that was the logical place to put it. Many thanks! 😊

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

This link has more information on what Adonia will be doing after returning to P&O next June. It says:

"The 700-passenger vessel will be sailing “discovery itineraries” from June 2017, taking in off-the-beaten-track ports of call across Europe, the Mediterranean, Iceland, eastern Atlantic Islands and the Caribbean.

"These include a seven night round-trip tour of Europe’s west coast to the pretty ports of Bordeaux, St Peter Port and Honfleur, and a 14 night Iceland cruise featuring Reykjavik, Isafjordur and Heimaey, plus Killybegs, Klaksvik (Faroe Islands), Portree (Isle of Skye) and Londonderry.

"Adonia will then embark on a European summer cruise schedule taking in western Europe, the western Mediterranean, the British Isles, the Iberian Atlantic coast and the Atlantic Islands; before a trans-Atlantic sailing to the Caribbean and a six-month stay for winter cruise itineraries around the Caribbean in winter 2017/18."

Edited by jh1809
fix link - 2nd attempt

I've just had an email with the list of Adonia's cruises through to October 2018, and saying they are on sale to Caribbean on 7th December, everyone else 8th December, which is one week away, but there are no itineraries after October 2017>

This link includes 2018

http://www.pocruises.com/explore/articles/ships/explore-the-world-less-travelled-on-adonia/

We've done Seville on Adonia and we can tell you it's fantastic! The river trip takes hours and one way is done overnight. The bit in to Seville is actually a canal, which you go through a lock from the river to get to.

The only thing to be aware of is that Seville is extremely hot (40 degrees C) in the summer and hot other times of the year. It was 41 when we there(early Sept) and dropped to 34(!) at night.

We will definitely be booking one of the trips that take in Seville immediately it becomes available!:)

I've just had an email with the list of Adonia's cruises through to October 2018, and saying they are on sale to Caribbean on 7th December, everyone else 8th December, which is one week away, but there are no itineraries after October 2017>

I had what I assume must have been the same email, entitled "Explore – Adonia’s new cruise collection, a tasty Black Forest gateau recipe and announcing new gala menus". But, though there was a link to a webpage with a list of Adonia's future cruises, I couldn't see where the full itineraries were given, even for those prior to October 2017. All I could see were the departure date, length of the cruise and the region. Have I missed something, and if so please could you provide a link?

I don't believe the itineraries are available yet. Certainly the staff on the main telephone line cannot get anything up at the moment.

If you put a number in to the website that relates to an Adonia cruise on the list given, it comes up with 'Not a valid cruise number'. They are obviously inserting them all in readiness for next week.

It is good to see that they have now added Adonia back on to the list underneath 'Ships', and that she is under the 'adult only' section.

Very very excited she's back!!!!:D:D:D

It's quite pathetic really. If they want people to book on 7th or 8th December, they need the itineraries out round about tomorrow.

Working up the itineraries must involve an awful lot of work and, unless P&O had substantial advance warning that Adonia would be returning (which is certainly possible), I think they're doing very well to have them ready as soon as 7th December.

The itineraries are available on the TA link I gave on post #53.

Sorry they appear to have been pulled, complaints to chriss.edgington@carnivalukgroup.com

Thanks. If the itineraries briefly appeared, that suggests that they must have already been worked out, and presumably all that's delaying things is P&O working out the pricings.

Working up the itineraries must involve an awful lot of work and, unless P&O had substantial advance warning that Adonia would be returning (which is certainly possible), I think they're doing very well to have them ready as soon as 7th December.

They work out itineraries 2 years in advance, so, yes, they knew.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

• 1 month later...

I hope she is shipshape and Bristol Fashion by 3 June 2018, just booked France and Spain on her, 3 June, ex Soton. Is she having a good refurb before she is back with P&O? Looking at cabins available sales are going well.

Have been on her sister ship..Pacific Princess twice, a few years ago, lovely small ships ye olde R Class.

Edited by NSWP

I hope she is shipshape and Bristol Fashion by 3 June 2018, just booked France and Spain on her, 3 June, ex Soton. Is she having a good refurb before she is back with P&O? Looking at cabins available sales are going well.

Have been on her sister ship..Pacific Princess twice, a few years ago, lovely small ships ye olde R Class.

Dont know about the refurb....but the last Fathom cruise finishes on 3 June , and the first P&O one is on 16 June.....so that gives them almost 2 weeks to get her back to the UK and spruced up back into the P &O Livery. I guess some of that will be done at sea, and the rest when she reaches Europe. She seems to have had a Glass house added (or was that on before...?) whilst with Fathom, and that has to be good news in my book!

I hope she is in good nick....I am sailing on her on 16 June, so will report back!

Just found this on another site......carried out in March 2016 before she went over to Fathom...

[The Blu Marine team spent the last two weeks of March in Freeport, Bahamas, successfully refurbishing Carnival UK’s Adonia. With the large Fathom re-brand taking place for this wonderful ship, who will now be home to passengers travelling around Cuba and the Dominican Republic engaging in impact activities which focus on local development, education and the environment, it was a fantastic project to be a part of.

Blu Marine installed new carpets, furniture, curtains and soft furnishings throughout all the cabins onboard, as well as refitting the restaurants, bars, spa & salon, alleyways and public spaces. All the areas received new carpet, curtains & blinds with many of the rooms benefitting from new wall coverings, upholstery and upgraded lighting throughout.

The Glasshouse bar & restaurant onboard was brought up to date and in line with P&O’s newest ship – Britannia, with ceramic tiling, new joinery units, bulkhead TV units and bespoke wall panelling. We also provided bespoke towel bins for the pool deck and new handrail in all the elevators.

A big thanks to all the team who worked and supported this project, we are now looking forward to joining the CUK Team again on the upcoming QM2 refit.

/I]

photo4

Dont know about the refurb....but the last Fathom cruise finishes on 3 June , and the first P&O one is on 16 June.....so that gives them almost 2 weeks to get her back to the UK and spruced up back into the P &O Livery. I guess some of that will be done at sea, and the rest when she reaches Europe. She seems to have had a Glass house added (or was that on before...?) whilst with Fathom, and that has to be good news in my book!

I hope she is in good nick....I am sailing on her on 16 June, so will report back!

Thanks for that, crikey, Glass House, reminds me of the army nicks (prisons.) Lol. or at least ye olde Regimental Guard Room.

Edited by NSWP

It's confirmed and ready for action this Summer!

We had the pleasure of our first cruise on this lovely ship in 2012 to the Caribbean and we were so sad to see her disappear. Since then we have managed a cruise every year but we have always reflected on the intimate feel of Adonia, ok she didn't have huge stage productions, climbing walls, vast shopping malls but she had style, attentive staff and we always found a quiet spot to take in the sun and the atmosphere. With only 700 people, classic decor good cabins, plenty of options to eat. We also managed to visit some lovely islands and very few requiring tenders.

We are now booked on this lovely Lady next year, looking forward to her makeover and visiting new places.