Room Service....

chemmo

I would be interested in the answer to this question as well we will be in a grand suite on allure. I am wondering what they have for breakfast in the suite lounge? Buffet or sit down and order off menu?

I think Allure has Coastal Kitchen as well as the suite lounge? The suite lounge on Harmony had a nice continental breakfast area, as well as sit down breakfast in Coastal Kitchen daily, and lunch on sea days.

I would be interested in the answer to this question as well we will be in a grand suite on allure. I am wondering what they have for breakfast in the suite lounge? Buffet or sit down and order off menu?

We were on Allure in May and they had sit down breakfast in Coastal Kitchen and a little buffet in the SL. The sit down in CK was very good and we loved that we didn't have to fight the crowds in the WJ.

We never did try the Room Service even though that is one of the things I was looking forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We came back late from an excursion on our last cruise and while the WJ was still serving lunch, we REEKED and needed a quick shower. We decided to order from room service and shower while waiting on it to get to the cabin. The Bistro Burger was THE BEST burger on the entire ship. We ordered salad, fruit and dessert and it was all good. Hang the expense,we just grabbed canned drinks from the mini-fridge and chowed down. It was one of the best lunches we had on the ship. We normally order room service for breakfast as a wake up call with coffee, danish and fruit is we have an early excursion. We fill out the door hanger card and it's always on time and the coffee is piping hot,so I guess we've had good luck. When my Grandson was younger, he always ordered cookies and chocolate milk before bed at night. That's how he learned to tip room service....lol. We keep an envelope with $1's and $5's so we don't have to scramble to locate a tip when the food arrives..especially in the morning when we are just waking up.

I enjoy room service, even though I didn't use it once on my last sailing.

I stopped using it for breakfast, for reasons listed above, but I love it for either post port/pre dinner snacks or for dinner when I don't feel like leaving my cabin. I had an aft balcony on one of my Explorer sailings and ordered room service for dinner ... still one of my most memorable cruise experiences :D

We enjoy an afternoon snack on our balcony every day. We have the late night dining time. We have always been very happy with room service. Our favorites are the cheeses plate, the fruit plate and the spinach artichoke dip and the honey stung chicken!

If you are in a suite, you can usually ask the room service manager to arrange for delivery from a specialty restaurant, though there is the usual cover charge for dining at that venue. Should you have a Genie, they can definitely do this for you, too. We did it a few times on our last sailing as people were too tired to go out after long port days but didn't want to suffer through MDR food.

Didn't someone say that they don't have the cheese plate anymore? That is something we would be interested in. Along with the fruit plate.

Cheese plate may not be listed on the menu, but we've been able to get it on every ship, as recently as last month on Brilliance.

Edited by clarea

We did lobster night in our GS on Freedom with my son and his family. My grandson was a little under the weather so we ordered in. All the food came hot and it was probably the best room service experience we've had on a ship.

In a suite you can order from the MDR menu, anytime the MDR is open, offers you more than the standard menu. The food itself does not cost extra but drinks might, depending on what you order.

There is no charge for Room Service unless it is between midnight and 5 AM. It is customary to tip the room service delivery tho

I assume not, but have to ask - does this apply to Junior Suites?

Are the MDR menus provided in the suites?

I assume not' date=' but have to ask - does this apply to Junior Suites?

Are the MDR menus provided in the suites?[/quote']

No, Grand Suites and better. MDR menus are provided in the eligible suites.