Upsells & Upgrades Timing Question

kjg46

We are planning to pay our final payment prior to the required Princess due date. The main reason is to get our seat assignments prior to the 45 day window. via (Early Flexible Fares Air Ticketing Request)

Question: Are upsells & possible upgrades still available to folks after they make their final payment?

We are planning to pay our final payment prior to the required Princess due date. The main reason is to get our seat assignments prior to the 45 day window. via (Early Flexible Fares Air Ticketing Request)

Question: Are upsells & possible upgrades still available to folks after they make their final payment?

Yes the closer to sailing the better the chance IMO.

Some people tend to cancel at final opening up more choices.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes.

Last week I received an upsell offer one month after final payment due date & about 7 weeks before sailing.

There are probably many variables about if & when an upsell is offered; much less often complimentary upgrades are given if upsell offers aren't sold.

I have seen people show up at the pier and get upgrades. One thing, however, that is a complete waste of time, at least on Princess cruises, is to ask about a possible upgrade at check-in. The check-in people have absolutely no ability to provide you with any upgrade or any information as to the availability of them. The only place you will be able to get any information on that subject is at Passenger Services on board the ship.

Tom

We often book the highest category of cabin that we are planning on traveling in, typically a mini-suite. I then monitor the status of the next highest category- when I detect the inventory is rapidly depleting- I go on high alert... Watching for the phone call or email from my TA. I have even called her to ask her to check. She is always willing to comply, even though she is really, really popular. This has worked for us more often than not. We have about a 50% upsell rate- which works. Much depends on the inventory available.

We have a Baltics booked- and there are 21 full suites available AND they are exorbantly priced- so our odds are better than fair.:)

If we don't make the upsell list, no worries- we love the minis on the new builds.

Edited by TracieABD

We got an upgrade offer while in Copenhagen a day before sailing. $200 pp to upgrade to balcony from interior. Yes, we took it!

That's much better than for my Hawaii cruise where their offer was $429/pp plus increasing our Princess insurance cost. A 38% increase for a couple of warm weather balcony days each direction wasn't good for us.

My wife prefers a couple of Sanctuary sessions on a comfy lounger than on a less comfortable balcony chair. ;)

That's much better than for my Hawaii cruise where their offer was $429/pp plus increasing our Princess insurance cost. A 38% increase for a couple of warm weather balcony days each direction wasn't good for us.

My wife prefers a couple of Sanctuary sessions on a comfy lounger than on a less comfortable balcony chair. ;)

I would also rather spend that $429/pp (x2p) on other packages.

I have seen people show up at the pier and get upgrades. One thing, however, that is a complete waste of time, at least on Princess cruises, is to ask about a possible upgrade at check-in. The check-in people have absolutely no ability to provide you with any upgrade or any information as to the availability of them. The only place you will be able to get any information on that subject is at Passenger Services on board the ship.

Where there will be a sign saying ship is sailing full and no cabins are available.

Edited by caribill