Regal Review 11/20/16 Including Ultimate Ship Tour

CRLess

All of the above. I was in awe of everything they had, and my review truly doesn't do it justice.

That's one of the reasons why the buffet is so much better on Thanksgiving.

It's even nicer than being at home with no cooking, cleanup and more selections. :D

The only thing I didn't care for was the pumpkin pie. Princess's version leaves something to be improved upon.

Saturday was our final sea day. We had a full day booked in the Sanctuary, but more importantly we had booked The Ultimate Ship’s Tour (TUTS) for the two of us.

By far the BEST review of TUST that I have read (& I read all of them). We've wanted to do TUST since we started cruising.

We're leaving tomorrow for Hawaii and the first place we're going is to sign up for TUST. :D

Edited by JF - retired RRT

That's one of the reasons why the buffet is so much better on Thanksgiving.

It's even nicer than being at home with no cooking, cleanup and more selections. :D

The only thing I didn't care for was the pumpkin pie. Princess's version leaves something to be improved upon.

Totally agree, the Thanksgiving buffet was great. The roasted pumpkin was delicious and very well seasoned so I'm thinking possibly the team in charge of the the pumpkin pie forgot to add the spices:eek:.

Totally agree, the Thanksgiving buffet was great. The roasted pumpkin was delicious and very well seasoned so I'm thinking possibly the team in charge of the the pumpkin pie forgot to add the spices:eek:.

We've been on a number of Thanksgiving cruises & it never changes. :( I sampled one piece this past trip to see if it had changed but no luck- same old, same old pie. They really need to have someone instruct them on what it should taste like. The desserts are prepared by a different crew.

Good thing there were some other choices although Thanksgiving should always include pumpkin pie. ;)

After we finished our TUST, we went back to the cabin to change into our “Sanctuary Attire” and spent the rest of the day up there doing the usual routine. We both had our requisite 24K Margaritas and enjoyed afternoon tea snacks. Since this was our last day, we provided the staff with an envelope and our gratitude for the service the provided us for the week.

Dinner tonight, in keeping with our tradition, was in the Crown Grill. Our group met at the Wheelhouse for cocktails around 6, and we did our best to wear out our cocktail waiter. Dinner was at 7:30 for our party of 15, and they did an excellent job in accommodating us. Food was outstanding as always, and service was good, but not spot on. We ordered several bottles of Pine Ridge Cab, and often found ourselves pouring our own. On top of that, we told the waiter that since we were split over two tables, the wine was to be shared over both tables….that never happened. Despite these small hiccups, everyone had a great meal and a great evening.

When dinner was over, we said our goodbyes to everyone and retreated to our cabins to complete that final packing and place the suitcases outside the door. We put in for the first available non-walk-off departure and were assigned a 7:30 AM time, so it was an early bed time tonight.

I woke up Sunday around 6 AM and we were already docked at Pier 2….we never felt the ship vibrate as it was docking. I went downstairs to grab a few coffees and then woke DW up. We were out of our cabin by 7 AM, and off the ship by 7:20. We have Global Entry, but it wasn’t needed at this time of the morning as there was literally nobody in line at any of the CBP stations. We were in our car before you knew it, and back up in Jupiter unpacking by 8:30 AM.

In closing, this cruise was the perfect getaway for us at the perfect time. We had recently finished a remodel on our house, so had a very busy several months leading up to this cruise. I always tell everyone that there are no bad cruises, some are just better than others. This cruise was excellent in so many ways…cruising with our friends, celebrating their milestone anniversaries, doing TUST…the list goes on. I believe that having a cruise planned makes the work days and life in general move so much faster…we currently have two more booked, with another Future Cruise Credit (FCC) in pocket!

Pro Tip: ALWAYS have a few FCCs available...you never know when you will need an Emergency Cruise!!!!!

So interesting! Think I may splurge and surprise my husband when we are on the Royal in February.

How and when did you sign up for TUST tour?

You sign up for it at the Purser's Desk (Passengers Services Desk).

"When" is as soon as you can after embarkation as it usually is on a those-who-sign-up before the tour is full get the tour.

TERRIFIC REVIEW, and couldn't agree more about TUST. Worth every penny to do it once. We still use our robes. Tho we got the fluffy ones which were a challenge to pack. We were on Regal in August and going on her again in March. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I could swear we met at a Meet & Greet on the Emerald earlier this year. My "cousin" Tracie was with me at the M&G....

I could swear we met at a Meet & Greet on the Emerald earlier this year. My "cousin" Tracie was with me at the M&G....

Yup. We were on the Emerald In March to Cayman Islands! Ahoy there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 8 months later...
thanks for the details about TUTS. I dont know if i can swing the 300 for it but you sure deserve some of that for your excellent description! :)

so were there really no bathroom breaks? gotta know

Make sure you leave some empty space in your suitcases to make room for all the swag you'll get.....:):):)

Bob

I love all of your 'PRO TIPS'!

About the Sanctuary... As Elite, you get to book specific days when you board?

I wonder how fast the Sanctuary would usually sell out? I am quite sure that the only way to guarantee certain days, especially sea days, would be to board early and book the week right away?

Your comment about being 'shushed' was quite funny at first...

But, HEY, even the Sanctuary shouldn't be a morgue... Is it always pin-drop quiet?

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your foodie comments and photos!

This was a great review and very informative! I also recommend the TUST! We did it on the Coral.

I'm sorry to hear about the pumpkin pie! We are planning on the MDR for Thanksgiving as we're on the Crown and I don't think their buffet is anything special

How is the rest of the Thanksgiving meal? For anyone who ate in MDR.

None. They hardly stop long enough to take deep breaths.

There's a lot to see, go from one area to the next, a crew member gives a quick overview and on to the next area.

thanks for this valuable info. i forgot about my gfs bad knee. my guess is with tons of walking and crew steps she cannot do this tour

We used the forward elevators almost exclusively since our room was forward of them.

Do you have any info on whether the aft elevators are usable early for residential deck access? If anyone else knows, please post. Thanks!