Is Sabor worth it?

kwazi07

Hi everyone!

I'll be on Navigator in March. I have heard so many awesome things about Sabor, but the only thing stopping me is the price. We're a family of five, and we all LOVE Mexican food. I know our 12 y/o will have a discount, but even if she's half price it'll be $135 (using up most of our OBC).

I really want to try it, but is it worth the cost?

Hi everyone!

I'll be on Navigator in March. I have heard so many awesome things about Sabor, but the only thing stopping me is the price. We're a family of five, and we all LOVE Mexican food. I know our 12 y/o will have a discount, but even if she's half price it'll be $135 (using up most of our OBC).

I did not like it.....not sure who all these starved for Mexican food posters who rave about it come from but......to me it is sub par... and should be a free venue......sorry...but you asked.

Nothing on the menu looked appealing to me and we already do weekly Mexican for trivia night so I've had my fill lately. :-)

I have heard people say not to get duped into buying the guacamole knife cause it can be had on Amazon for a fraction of that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in the group of not understanding why Sabor has such a following. We went to lunch there on Allure because of all those raving about it. I was highly disappointed and thought of several Mexican places at home that were better.

And the guacamole? Terrible. I commented to my wife that the guacamole she makes at home is way better. Maybe people just haven't had really good guacamole before.

Skip it. Spend your OBC on something better.

Hi everyone!

Hello,

I was on the Navigator Oct/Nov and was told during a special Indian cookery demonstration by the restaurant manager that when the Navi returns to the UK in April next year it will be an Indian restaurant not Mexican. It follows that there is a strong possibility that it may not be a Mexican during your cruise - unless whatever changes are necessary can be completed during a TA.

Regards,

Cublet

Our family of 4 (but kids at kids price - not adult price) enjoyed it on NAV and plan to dine there on Liberty in April! It's more traditional than Tex Mex...

We plan to try a late lunch instead of dinner next time. Saves a little money and gives us more time to walk off all of the food!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Count me in the group of not understanding why Sabor has such a following. We went to lunch there on Allure because of all those raving about it. I was highly disappointed and thought of several Mexican places at home that were better.

And the guacamole? Terrible. I commented to my wife that the guacamole she makes at home is way better. Maybe people just haven't had really good guacamole before.

Skip it. Spend your OBC on something better.

Seems like there is a difference between the Sabor on the Allure and Harmony vs, the Sabor restaurants on Freedom and Liberty.

On the Freedom, I actually had really low expectations based on what people have said about the Allure version. It was a lot better than I expected.

Hi everyone!

I am from California and I didn't like Sabor on Harmony of the Seas. Not the Mexican flavours that I am used to. I live in London now and I really miss Mexican food, so I was so excited to have it on Harmony. I left most of the meal on the plate. It was a waste of money for me. I can't imagine paying $135 for it.

I am from California and I didn't like Sabor on Harmony of the Seas. Not the Mexican flavours that I am used to. I live in London now and I really miss Mexican food, so I was so excited to have it on Harmony. I left most of the meal on the plate. It was a waste of money for me. I can't imagine paying $135 for it.

I wasn't aware it was that expensive. I was looking forward to trying it... They don't really have the same Mexican food in IL that I am used to in SoCal

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

When people say "I love Sabor" they should preface with " I am from Iowa and"

I havent eaten there, but the menu looks bland and highly americanized. I cant see why anyone who has access to quality mexican food would want to spend money there

Edited by jamesboat

When people say "I love Sabor" they should preface with " I am from Iowa and"

I havent eaten there, but the menu looks bland and highly americanized. I cant see why anyone who has access to quality mexican food would want to spend money there

Who knew Mexican food inspired such snobbery? This thread is hilarious :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware it was that expensive. I was looking forward to trying it... They don't really have the same Mexican food in IL that I am used to in SoCal

I've never had SoCal Mexican food, but I live in Tampa and there are some awesome little "mama y papa" businesses that I eat regularly. Plus we have our Cuban food :)

But I was interested in trying Sabor because of the rave reviews...

Sent from Tapatalk

Who knew Mexican food inspired such snobbery? This thread is hilarious :rolleyes:

Indeed it is funny. We come from bland Ontario where Sabor is spicy compared to Taco Bell. If you come from Cali, Texas, or other regions flavoured with authentic Mexican culinary skills and eat them frequently Sabor will be a let down.

Ask someone from Chicago how they feel about ketchup on a hotdog and you will see similar response.

Food is subjective. We love the food and the fun of Sabor, and ketchup doesn't hit my dogs. :)

If you are anywhere near Champaign/Urbana there is a place we found while visiting my daughter called Maize. They have the best homemade corn tortillas I have ever had and I've had a lot living in AZ. They food is excellent as well, its a little hole in the wall place.

The food in Sabor was different but very good, loved the margaritas and sangria.

Dave

Indeed it is funny. We come from bland Ontario where Sabor is spicy compared to Taco Bell. If you come from Cali, Texas, or other regions flavoured with authentic Mexican culinary skills and eat them frequently Sabor will be a let down.

Ask someone from Chicago how they feel about ketchup on a hotdog and you will see similar response.

Food is subjective. We love the food and the fun of Sabor, and ketchup doesn't hit my dogs. :)

As someone from the Chicago area, yes - we do rather freak if someone wants ketchup on a hot dog! Big no-no around here! If you have just one condiment - mustard is the choice! A classic Chicago-style hot dog has mustard, chopped onions, pickle relish, sport peppers and a dash of celery salt. Some also have some tomato slices or wedges - and some also add a dill pickle spear.

But back on the topic - we are planning on trying Sabor on our March cruise on Allure.... primarily for the guacamole, which we've heard is good. I'm assuming we can ask to have it spicy? ... and is their spicy truly spicy or just what most would call "medium"?

As someone from the Chicago area, yes - we do rather freak if someone wants ketchup on a hot dog! Big no-no around here! If you have just one condiment - mustard is the choice! A classic Chicago-style hot dog has mustard, chopped onions, pickle relish, sport peppers and a dash of celery salt. Some also have some tomato slices or wedges - and some also add a dill pickle spear.

But back on the topic - we are planning on trying Sabor on our March cruise on Allure.... primarily for the guacamole, which we've heard is good. I'm assuming we can ask to have it spicy? ... and is their spicy truly spicy or just what most would call "medium"?

I'm from Chicago and love ketchup on a hot dog. But hey, I'm a rebel ;) Live and let live, I say.

Since they make the guac fresh at the table from scratch, you can request whatever spice level you want. We asked for medium the first time and it wasn't very spicy to us. We asked him to kick it up a notch. He remixed and got to a nice "tingly lips" level of spice. Now we ask for it to be exra spicy