Preordered booze

newfiegirl4

Made a few purchases about 3 weeks before cruise to have during and after sail away! I'm from Canada so figured it might be a good idea as it was in Canadian prices. Only thing in cabin was freekin water!!! Made several calls and asked room Stewart about it and never got anything until the next day! Absolutely ridiculous! In one call I told them I wanted what I ordered and paid for and did not want to drink water on our balcony at sail away.....she told me its policy that only 3 items can be delivered at a time! So don't understand how 2 buckets of beer was not on ice!! In no way it says anything when ordering about that! Still only had water....so where were the other 2??? Since when do Princess get to dictate what you drink in your cabin??? Poor customer service! Didn't spoil the cruise but did not like how we, as adults were treated!

I think you posted on the wrong forum- this is the Celebrity forum. Since your issue is with Princess I believe you meant this for that forum.

??????? This is the Princess Cruises Forum and the OP indicated they were on a Princess ship.

We pre-ordered two cases of water and two bottles of vodka on our last Regal cruise... Only the water was waiting for us in the room. If i remember correctly we had a voucher for the bottles and had to call room service (or our room steward?) to get them.

We pre-ordered two cases of water and two bottles of vodka on our last Regal cruise... Only the water was waiting for us in the room. If i remember correctly we had a voucher for the bottles and had to call room service (or our room steward?) to get them.

That is my experience as well.

Made a few purchases about 3 weeks before cruise to have during and after sail away! I'm from Canada so figured it might be a good idea as it was in Canadian prices. Only thing in cabin was freekin water!!! Made several calls and asked room Stewart about it and never got anything until the next day! Absolutely ridiculous! In one call I told them I wanted what I ordered and paid for and did not want to drink water on our balcony at sail away.....she told me its policy that only 3 items can be delivered at a time! So don't understand how 2 buckets of beer was not on ice!! In no way it says anything when ordering about that! Still only had water....so where were the other 2??? Since when do Princess get to dictate what you drink in your cabin??? Poor customer service! Didn't spoil the cruise but did not like how we, as adults were treated!

We have never had the actual liquor/beer waiting. It was always a voucher and you call room service and give them the voucher when its delivered.

(bucket of beer).....How would they know when you would be in your cabin on embarkation day during a 4 plus hour boarding window and have the ice still there?

We have never had the actual liquor/beer waiting. It was always a voucher and you call room service and give them the voucher when its delivered.

(bucket of beer).....How would they know when you would be in your cabin on embarkation day during a 4 plus hour boarding window and have the ice still there?

The above has always been our experience as well.

Mike:)

Did you even bother to ask anyone? Prepaid gifts are always in the form of a voucher. It's very simple, call room service!

Bother? No, asked and asked... 3 times actually, before muster drill and after!! It took until noon the next day for anything to get delivered!! Nothing simple about it! They were ok to take our money when preordering but not to deliver without a hassle! We ended up going to lido to enjoy a beverage rather than enjoying the view from our balcony!

As the others have said, I have always had the vouchers waiting for my orders. I call room service and it is quickly delivered. The only thing I can remotely think that could affect this is the port / state regulations. What port did you sail from?

As the others have said, I have always had the vouchers waiting for my orders. I call room service and it is quickly delivered. The only thing I can remotely think that could affect this is the port / state regulations. What port did you sail from?

Also asking Stewart won't help as the vouchers are handled by Room Service.

Mike;)

This policy is all about liability. They need to physically hand over the liquor to an adult 21 years or older. They cannot leave it in the cabin prior to your arrival as they would be opening themselves up to possible underage access.

You should have had vouchers waiting for you in cabin that you call room service to exchange. It has always been an easy exchange the few times we did it.

Port Everglades!

Vouchers were in the room but would not deliver until the next day! Even after several attempts to kindly ask.

That sounds really strange . That is one of the first things i do as well as get some wine glasses. Usually if we don't have he beverage package I get 3-4 beer packages , rum and crown. I normally ask for the rum and crown and one of the buckets along with the glasses . The only delay is if it's close to muster still time , then they come shortly afterwards .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This policy is all about liability. They need to physically hand over the liquor to an adult 21 years or older. They cannot leave it in the cabin prior to your arrival as they would be opening themselves up to possible underage access.

You should have had vouchers waiting for you in cabin that you call room service to exchange. It has always been an easy exchange the few times we did it.

Well, when ordering the only 2 people in our room were very mature adults...lol. They would have known how old we were when preordering.

We did have them but wasn't as easy as it should have been. This was my first time sailing Princess.

Itcal94,

That sounds really strange . That is one of the first things i do as well as get some wine glasses. Usually if we don't have he beverage package I get 3-4 beer packages , rum and crown. I normally ask for the rum and crown and one of the buckets along with the glasses . The only delay is if it's close to muster still time , then they come shortly afterwards .

I thought so to. I understand it's busy during sail away and muster drill. But it took to many times to ask!

Edited by newfiegirl4

What is the current Princess price for a bucket of beer? Is it a better deal to preorder? Thanks.

I'm not sure, but we figured by preordering we could see that it was in Canadian dollars, and it would have been already paid for :D

What I've found is that Room Service has a limited supply of "stuff" on hand and if they run out it can take several hours to retrieve more from "stores".

I don't get the 3 things at a time story, sounds like a shore story to me. As all things Princess, inconsistency is normal.

Did you even bother to ask anyone?

That's rather condescending.

Prepaid gifts are always in the form of a voucher.

Except when they're not. Like bottled water, soda sticker, AIBP sticker, etc.

Bottled water is in the cabin, and prepaid stickers are usually

already on your cruise card when you check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the same exact cruise as Newfie and they delivered ours AS we were walking out the door for muster drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app