RCL changed my price after booking!

• 9 months later...
Wow, I spoke too soon. Clicking around the "My Cruises" links, I hit a "can't process your request at this time" error, then boom, promos stripped out and the price went up again. Oy! At least this time I've got an e-mail confirmation, which is good since some of the promos I booked under aren't live anymore.

Does anyone have this problem after paying in full? I may do that after getting this cleared up again.

Exact same thing just happened to me. Tried to add C&A numbers that the reservation said were not added (even though they were at booking online), and got the "can't process your request at this time." After the refresh, price stripped promos and added pre-paid grats. First and final payment made earlier today. Guess will have to call tomorrow. So much for booking yourself online to avoid any trouble. Can't believe this still goes on...

(I realize the thread is almost a year old, but why start new.)

This happened to me yesterday and I immediately called Customer Service, they said the promo code dropped out and they fixed it (they emailed me an invoice). I still owe the gratuities and it is past final payment date and I tried online to remove them but it keeps reverting back. Do I need to call them again and have them move it to my on-board account?

This happened to me last month when I booked, I called RCI and they fixed it in a matter of moments. One phone call, no drama, great service on the phone.

No, no, no...you did it all wrong. The correct procedure is to:

1. Immediately come to Cruise Critic, start a thread titled "ROYAL IS THE WORST AND I'M NEVER SALING THEM AGAIN"

2. Call and get it fixed.

3. Never come back to your now 20 page thread where half the people have piled on Royal and the other half have piled on you.

This happened to me yesterday and I immediately called Customer Service, they said the promo code dropped out and they fixed it (they emailed me an invoice). I still owe the gratuities and it is past final payment date and I tried online to remove them but it keeps reverting back. Do I need to call them again and have them move it to my on-board account?

Yes, call again. I just tried to imput that I wanted the beds apart on my reservation. Not only did that fail again, but when I got out of that it added a balance to my account- again! This is after spending 30 minutes this morning with Royal to remove the $770.00 added to my bill after final payment, and I finally hung up five minutes after being on another hold. Now I call for this second "glitch" and it makes you go through all the prompts before telling you they are closed. I thought booking online would be easier since I know everything would be imputed properly. I've never seen anything like it!

Also here is my new stateroom: NA Guarantee. When I click on it it says that stateroom does not exist on this ship. You can't make this up.

I can't believe (actually, yes...sadly, I can believe) this is still an ongoing problem. Since I got burned 3 times in 2015, I still haven't gone back into My Cruises. I always log in via the Cruise Planner and switch to Countdown to Cruise for my sailings from there, and have not had a repricing/loss of discounts problem since. I suggest staying out of My Cruises unless you have a really good reason to be in there.

I can't believe (actually, yes...sadly, I can believe) this is still an ongoing problem. Since I got burned 3 times in 2015, I still haven't gone back into My Cruises. I always log in via the Cruise Planner and switch to Countdown to Cruise for my sailings from there, and have not had a repricing/loss of discounts problem since. I suggest staying out of My Cruises unless you have a really good reason to be in there.

I called back since it said payment was due today and went to the new booking prompt since existing reservations was closed- naturally they answered after a hold. She said it happens when you go into my cruises as you said, and said to go through cruise planner (again, like you said). She acted like it was common, but then said it was rare. :confused: Twice in a day for me...the second time added prepaid grats.

Also, she stated all beds are now together and you have to ask the room attendant to move them apart once on board. The option is still on the my cruise planner however.

No, no, no...you did it all wrong. The correct procedure is to:

1. Immediately come to Cruise Critic, start a thread titled "ROYAL IS THE WORST AND I'M NEVER SALING THEM AGAIN"

2. Call and get it fixed.

3. Never come back to your now 20 page thread where half the people have piled on Royal and the other half have piled on you.

Noted! I'm still practically a newborn on CC!

(Mine was off by 2000$- not for a second was I worried- it was obviously a glitch- I had a confirmation email, I knew the correct pricing. Heck what do I know...maybe I am suppose to get all riled up...I'll try harder next time!)

PS you forgot "a must read for all cruisers!"

You'd think they'd review their CRM Logging Software occasionally for the top types of calls logged and see this issue must be up there / near the top. On a small forum of RCI Cruisers this is a regular issue reported here. I wonder how many times it's actually reported to them to be fixed!

You'd think they'd have got this to the developers to be fixed by now! It must take up a lot of time fixing for all parties concerned. They could then spend this time saved selling more cruises to people

Even though the choice is in My Cruises, you can no longer set a preference or request for bed configuration. All beds will be together, and if you want them apart, you need to tell your room steward after you board, and they will change them.

WHY RCI cannot remove it from the website (and it has been this was for at least several months) is beyond me. It should take the programmers less than 15 minutes, and 10 of those is to get from from getting their drink of choice.

Had the same thing as well happening on weekend. Added my C&A number to reservation (even though had it booked with C&A discount) and after that the price jumped removing the discounts. I called in on Saturday but the person in customer care couldn't fix it herself. They said it will get couple days and should be fine after that again.

3 years ago I first experienced the "My Cruise" Goblin that increases your cruise price. Happenned multiple times on the same reservation. People on Cruise Critic told me to stay away from the "My Cruise" section of the website.

I called Royal many times to fix reservations. They finally had me speak to someone that handles their website. He worked on my issue for about 20 mins as we chatted about football. He then stated "It's fixed.....you'll never have that issue again".

I've been using "My Cruise" daily since then with no problems.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Im glad this is a known issue. I logged in today and saw that my price nearly doubled. Then I would click the link for a price breakdown and nothing would be on the popup. Gonna call when I get home from work. $3600 is a little pricy for a balcony room in Feb on the liberty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3 years ago I first experienced the "My Cruise" Goblin that increases your cruise price. Happenned multiple times on the same reservation. People on Cruise Critic told me to stay away from the "My Cruise" section of the website.

I called Royal many times to fix reservations. They finally had me speak to someone that handles their website. He worked on my issue for about 20 mins as we chatted about football. He then stated "It's fixed.....you'll never have that issue again".

I've been using "My Cruise" daily since then with no problems.

So now we can call and ask for the Beachammo procedure?