Anyone on Ruby now

crows nest club

Agreed. Club class dining only commenced on 10 December for first time and this is on the Ruby.

Definitely hoping for a review on the Club class dining too!

I recently did a sky suite on Celebrity, which room wise is reasonably comparable to a mini-suite, but sky suites get access to the suite-class private lounge and dining room. I'm hoping Club-class might be enough to make the mini-suites on Princess as an attractive alternative to X's sky suites.

51745667 Definitely hoping for a review on the Club class dining too!

Yes - we too! Several (Ruby 12/10) requests for CC dinning details & opinions have been posted over the last months - hopefully we'll hear back from this 1st time CC dining cruise.

Agreed. Club class dining only commenced on 10 December for first time and this is on the Ruby.

All I know so far -- on Ruby, it is a section of the Da'Vinci dining

rooom, with dedicated wait staff.

Each night, a head waiter is supposed to prepare 1 dish 'tableside'.

All I know so far -- on Ruby, it is a section of the Da'Vinci dining

rooom, with dedicated wait staff.

Each night, a head waiter is supposed to prepare 1 dish 'tableside'.

All that and more has been at the Princess website for some time explaining CC details except for how the new dinning venue actually works onboard - e.g.- is it fixed or flex dinning time? (Princess says "Dine On Your Own Schedule??) - is it same table same waitstaff each evening - or other? The other CC perks are fairly easy to understand and if Elite or Full Suite - IMO that not important but - the dinning details are of interest. Hopefully we'll get some 1st hand input from those now on Ruby. If not Emerald 12/12 is next followed with CC roll-out on Island 1/4/17 - Sapphire 1/7/17 - Regal 1/8/17, etc.

All that and more has been at the Princess website for some time explaining CC details except for how the new dinning venue actually works onboard - e.g.- is it fixed or flex dinning time? (Princess says "Dine On Your Own Schedule??) - is it same table same waitstaff each evening - or other? The other CC perks are fairly easy to understand and if Elite or Full Suite - IMO that not important but - the dinning details are of interest. Hopefully we'll get some 1st hand input from those now on Ruby. If not Emerald 12/12 is next followed with CC roll-out on Island 1/4/17 - Sapphire 1/7/17 - Regal 1/8/17, etc.

Exactly. What Princess puts on website and what comes to fruition on board, we are just enquiring from anyone now on board. As you say, it is now being rolled out on othet ships shortly.

How could it not?

Using Regal Princess with a base passenger count of 3560 and counting at most 120 Full Suite & M1 Category Club Class passengers - doesn't look like the 120 (3.4% of 3560) CC dinning mix should have much impact on the MDR service for Traditional or Anytime dinning. We shall see.

All that and more has been at the Princess website for some time explaining

Where on the princess website does it say which specific dining

room will be used on ruby?

I know how many waiters there are, but if it is already on the website...

Sorry I bothered to provide what I know.

Where on the princess website does it say which specific dining

room will be used on ruby?

I know how many waiters there are, but if it is already on the website...

Sorry I bothered to provide what I know.

First - absolutely did not mean to offend in any way - always appreciate input.

You are right - the Princess website does not say which specific Ruby dinning room is designated for Club Class. As previously posted - in my telephone conversation with Princess Santa Clarita - (they) did say the CC dinning room will be a ship by ship decision. And yes - it would be good to know which Ruby dinning room is being used and - then from the other ships yet to roll-out. My guess is it will be a Traditional Dinning Room.

Regarding "I know how many waiters there are" comment - not sure I understand that - since my question regarding CC dinning was - does CC dinning have flex or fixed dinning times -and- does CC dinning have the same waitstaff & same table each evening -or-s ome other arrangemement? In short - how does the CC dinning process actually work when onboard. I was hoping to get some 1st hand feed-back from Ruby.

First - absolutely did not mean to offend in any way - always appreciate input.

You are right - the Princess website does not say which specific Ruby dinning room is designated for Club Class. As previously posted - in my telephone conversation with Princess Santa Clarita - (they) did say the CC dinning room will be a ship by ship decision. And yes - it would be good to know which Ruby dinning room is being used and - then from the other ships yet to roll-out. My guess is it will be a Traditional Dinning Room.

Regarding "I know how many waiters there are" comment - not sure I understand that - since my question regarding CC dinning was - does CC dinning have flex or fixed dinning times -and- does CC dinning have the same waitstaff & same table each evening -or-s ome other arrangemement? In short - how does the CC dinning process actually work when onboard. I was hoping to get some 1st hand feed-back from Ruby.

I don't think it will be in traditional because of the 2 dining times and the break between them. I think it would disrupt things even more. imo

I don't think it will be in traditional because of the 2 dining times and the break between them. I think it would disrupt things even more. imo

Keith - Thanks for the info - actually we hope it is an "anytime" MDR based on location - better for us. Fred

Only the two dining rooms near the atrium would have the proper second entrance that Club Class would have. (A second entrance is available at the aft dining room, but it is off to the side of the same lobby as the main entrance and I think it would be too confusing for it to be used.)

The promise as I interpret it is that if you are in Club Class you can go right in whenever you want to dine. It the number of eligible passengers is the 120 as calculated in an above post, that says (I estimate) at least 80 seats will be reserved for Club Class. If this is in the always anytime dining room near the atrium, that means 80 seats that those waiting in line for anytime will not be able to occupy. If this is in the early traditional seating and then anytime dining room near the atrium, it means 80 seats will not be available to those that want traditional early dining and of course not available to those who later want anytime dining.

Only the two dining rooms near the atrium would have the proper second entrance that Club Class would have. (A second entrance is available at the aft dining room, but it is off to the side of the same lobby as the main entrance and I think it would be too confusing for it to be used.)

The promise as I interpret it is that if you are in Club Class you can go right in whenever you want to dine. It the number of eligible passengers is the 120 as calculated in an above post, that says (I estimate) at least 80 seats will be reserved for Club Class. If this is in the always anytime dining room near the atrium, that means 80 seats that those waiting in line for anytime will not be able to occupy. If this is in the early traditional seating and then anytime dining room near the atrium, it means 80 seats will not be available to those that want traditional early dining and of course not available to those who later want anytime dining.

Offset of course by the 120 cruisers that will not need a seat in Anytime or Traditional dining. Based on my experience with Celebrity's implementation of the Suites only dining I will be surprised if there is never a wait for Club dining. Although it is likely to not be the normal situation.

Offset of course by the 120 cruisers that will not need a seat in Anytime or Traditional dining. Based on my experience with Celebrity's implementation of the Suites only dining I will be surprised if there is never a wait for Club dining. Although it is likely to not be the normal situation.

Those seats may be empty much of the time that there is a line waiting to get into Anytime, so it will affect Anytime diners.

Wondering if we'll be able to request "sharing a table" in Club Class Dining like we do in regular Anytime Dining? :confused:

We always enjoy having dinner with others.

The general understanding is that you can absolutely sit with other Club Class diners, but you absolutely cannot sit with other non-Club Class diners in Club Class Dining. In other words, you can't invite people in to ride your coattails, but if they're also eligible, they're welcome.