Anyone on Ruby now

crows nest club

We never had an issue getting a table with Aqua Class dining on Celebrity. We could go at anytime. There were some groups of 6 and 8 who always had the same tables. Those tables never had anyone else occupying them. Aqua Class staterooms can only accommodate two people, so most of the tables were set for two. Celebrity's dining room for Aqua class was in a totally separate area away from the MDR. I am looking forward to experiencing the new class on Princess in March. By March, Princess should have all the bugs taken out of the new class.

The general understanding is that you can absolutely sit with other Club Class diners, but you absolutely cannot sit with other non-Club Class diners in Club Class Dining. In other words, you can't invite people in to ride your coattails, but if they're also eligible, they're welcome.

We certainly totally understand the above but not really our question.

Just wondering .... when we (just the two of us) walk into Club Class Dining if we'll be ask if we would like to share a table?

We had rather not have to sit at a table for two every night because we enjoy having dinner with differ people each evening.

LuLu

It's in the dining room with early traditional. We usually do traditional late so I can't assess the impact on anytime dining. I took a peek in and it didn't look any different than the rest of the dining room.

So it is in the midship dining room used for early TD and then later ATD? It's not in the aft dining room on deck 6? Where is the "special entrance"? Is the Club Class section visible from the regular dining room or is there some kind of barrier? On another thread, the poster had heard from the hostess that the menu was the same in both dining rooms.

So it is in the midship dining room used for early TD and then later ATD? It's not in the aft dining room on deck 6? Where is the "special entrance"? Is the Club Class section visible from the regular dining room or is there some kind of barrier? On another thread, the poster had heard from the hostess that the menu was the same in both dining rooms.

The entrance is what I think is the exit normally - ie as you face the midship room it's the one on the left. From the entrance, it appears that there is no barrier other than what is normally there - ie rails.

There is an entrance to both anytime dining rooms on the port and starboard side, I'm guessing they will open up the starboard side up for the cc passengers and the dining are will be near that entrance. So if you walk in the regular entrance the area will be over to your left.

The general understanding is that you can absolutely sit with other Club Class diners, but you absolutely cannot sit with other non-Club Class diners in Club Class Dining. In other words, you can't invite people in to ride your coattails, but if they're also eligible, they're welcome.

As far as I can tell, not a single person who has experienced club

class dining has posted here.

So, "the general understanding" would seem to be rather baseless.

As to who can bring whom where, in general it all depends on

your relationship with the maitre d'; and/or the appropriate head waiter.

There is an entrance to both anytime dining rooms on the port and starboard side, I'm guessing they will open up the starboard side up for the cc passengers and the dining are will be near that entrance. So if you walk in the regular entrance the area will be over to your left.

That's correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The entrance is what I think is the exit normally - ie as you face the midship room it's the one on the left. From the entrance, it appears that there is no barrier other than what is normally there - ie rails.

So again, I'm not really clear about this. If I am standing in the foyer of the dining room (where the menus are posted), do I go through one of the double sets of doors in front of me (if I'm Club Class, that is) or do I go to my left, past the service elevators and stairs, to the single door located on the far side of the dining room?

So again, I'm not really clear about this. If I am standing in the foyer of the dining room (where the menus are posted), do I go through one of the double sets of doors in front of me (if I'm Club Class, that is) or do I go to my left, past the service elevators and stairs, to the single door located on the far side of the dining room?

If you are not in Club Class, you enter the doors on the port side of the ship.

If you are in Club Class you enter the doors on the starboard side of the ship.

We always ask for a table for two.

I would be curious as to the set up of these tables. Wonder if they have sufficient room or are they inches apart.:confused:

Also can't wait to hear about Breakfast. Is it different than the main Dining Room (I love breakfast).

Edited by mafig

I'm curious if we can just decide to go to club class dining even though we've confirmed TD. Since there is no clear info yet on club class dining.

I assume that you are in a Club Class cabin.

If so, maybe your confirmed TD table will be in Club Class.

I am on board Ruby right now as we sit at anchorage in Cabo. Those of you reading this thread may not be interested in this, as you all sound like you are going to do club class at some point, but I am an elite level princess frequent cruiser and have always enjoyed embarkation day lunch in the main dining room. Only one MDR is open, as you know, on embarkation day and for Ruby, that is Da Vinci.

Well, I boarded 3 days ago and imagine my chagrin when the staff guards at the main dining room turned us and everyone else away as Club Class is now the only way to dine in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day. They were so helpful, telling us that we could dine in buffet upstairs with the entire rest of the ship crowded in there.

Needless to say, I am not impressed, Princess.

I am on board Ruby right now as we sit at anchorage in Cabo. Those of you reading this thread may not be interested in this, as you all sound like you are going to do club class at some point, but I am an elite level princess frequent cruiser and have always enjoyed embarkation day lunch in the main dining room. Only one MDR is open, as you know, on embarkation day and for Ruby, that is Da Vinci.

Well, I boarded 3 days ago and imagine my chagrin when the staff guards at the main dining room turned us and everyone else away as Club Class is now the only way to dine in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day. They were so helpful, telling us that we could dine in buffet upstairs with the entire rest of the ship crowded in there.

I think there are probably more people following this thread wondering how Club Class dining will affect the rest of us. Your report is not good to hear. Hopefully there was some miscommunication somewhere and they will change that policy. Club Class was supposed to provide a separate area, not close off the MDR to others., even if just on embarkation. What about on sea days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Your Post really caught my attention because we will be on the Ruby Next May and I was planning on lunch in the MDR the 1st day.

As other I have been following this topic wondering what impact on TD would also have.

Hope by then Princess reviews how many Club Class show up for the 1st day lunch and then opens the MDR back up to the rest of us.

Bob

As someone who looks forward to eating lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, this is not good news. :eek: This information should be posted in a separate blog on the Princess board.;)

We are in Club Class on Crown next year and usually dine in MDR on embarkation day. However I certainly would not expect to do so at the expense of other passengers and would certainly make that known to Maitre D or Hotel Manager. From previous experience the MDR is never full at this time.